Thailand officially drops mask mandate in late night Royal Gazette order

webfact

Reading the posts, some informative and others not, it looks as if a planned trip by car from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai in August could be quite an experience - 7-11 and masks that is! PTT stations will be our fuel and comfort break stops which will also include 7-11 refreshment breaks. The wearing of facemasks has not been mandatory for some considerable time now in Cambodia with no restrictions in convenience stores. If 7-11 refuse to sell to us "mask-less" then that will be their loss, plenty of other roadside outlets! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, james2m said:

Yeah you're right Phuket, Phangna, Surat Thani, Prachuap KK, Petburi, Ratchaburi, BKK, Ayuthaya, Nakhon Sawan,  Phetchabun, Phrae, Nan, Chaing Mai and wherever else I've forgotten the last couple of months. I must stop living like a hermit.

Well done for looking at the map  for place names, perhaps you should have spent more time researching facts

26 minutes ago, james2m said:

You must be in some falang holiday Mecca as I've just driven from one end of the country to the other and not seen a single person enter any 7, family mart or other indoor area without wearing a mask. The only people I've seen either maskless or chin masking are tourists.

I experienced exactly the same thing as you did, drove from BKK to Krabi then back up to Hua Hin and then Cha Am, just arrived home this morning.  Only ones not wearing masks or wearing them as chin warmers were the few foreigners who were obviously tourists.  The 5 star Hotel we stayed at in Phuket, required the masks while entering the dining room and then when picking up your food as well as wearing gloves.  The same at the 5 Star Hotel in Cha Am......However, there were very few people in the two resorts we stayed in.  Had a Doctors appointment this afternoon at the hospital and everyone outside on the street as well as in the hospital wore masks.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stoner said:

711 and central are public areas too. this is going to be interesting. 

I guess this answers your question:

TPN media notes that private businesses and events have the ability and right to make mask wearing at their establishments and venues required, however.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KCPhuket said:

The Indian tourists were not wearing in 7-11 in Phuket weeks ago...so I removed mine. Time to flush the masks!

I would wear it just to keep the stench away from the un-showered ones.  I use Vicks VapoRub on the inside of my masks to deaden the smell, much like I did when having to complete investigations in the green room of the coroners office back in the US.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I would wear it just to keep the stench away from the un-showered ones.  I use Vicks VapoRub on the inside of my masks to deaden the smell, much like I did when having to complete investigations in the green room of the coroners office back in the US.

Not being a user does Vick also prevent ingress of curry fumes as well as bad body odour ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Satcommlee said:

I guess the marketing had something to do with itimage.thumb.png.1b92843b33edb5c4387ea24c5c7d1701.png

So it appears the old, unhealthy looking elites are maskless whilst the healthy looking workers have to wear face masks.  Clown world.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, freedomnow said:

They can no longer enforce it.

They are private companies and they can simply refuse service.  Many businesses in the West have signs posted at their entrances saying "No shirt, no shoes, no service".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Eeeerm, that's because up until now the mask mandate has been in force.

7-11 staff would have been told that no one was allowed to enter without a mask on.

They were just doing there jobs.

Anyone who attempts to enter a 7-11 without a mask on, knowing that this will cause a problem, is just a Assh@le for making the jobs of the lowly paid and overworked staff just that little bit harder.

In fact, please tell us why you attempted to enter a 7-11 without a mask on, despite knowing that it was not allowed.

@Bert got kinky but they ignore the temp check going off and let whoever set it off carry on into the shop.  so why weren't they doing their jobs then???     

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Excel said:

And the public have also the right not to bother to go there, or at least walk in in large numbers and then remove their masks in protests and I doubt the dumbos that pretend to be security would have the balls to do anything about. 

If you did something as inane as that it's not the security guys who would have been the "dumbos".

I'd prefer that they kept the mask mandate just to annoy people like you.

Just now, Phoenix Rising said:

If you did something as inane as that it's not the security guys who would have been the "dumbos".

I'd prefer that they kept the mask mandate just to annoy people like you.

Well they haven't so unfortunately you will just have to go an cry elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Well they haven't so unfortunately you will just have to go an cry elsewhere.

I'm not the one crying, it's people like you who've been crying ever since vaccines and mask mandates were introduced.

It's been very entertaining watching you lot rant, rave and cry about it.:clap2:

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Because their minimum pay makes them do the minimum required to keep their jobs. It's not rocket science.

And those temp checks are so inaccurate they are next to useless which is why in so many places they were simply replaced with facial scanners, similarly useless but at least the Ladyboys can see if their lipstick looks ok.

9 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I depends what you mean by maskless......I do the old under the chin mask wearing and no one has said a word to me for at least a year in a shopping mall..

You must have the most bizarre tan line. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

And those temp checks are so inaccurate they are next to useless which is why in so many places they were simply replaced with facial scanners, similarly useless but at least the Ladyboys can see if their lipstick looks ok.

Yes, and just how much has crying about it on some internet forums changed things?

Edited by Phoenix Rising

Running errands today in Chiang Mai. Mask wearing continues. I will continue to wear inside areas, such as malls but once outside in open areas with others distant ... off to comes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

and you should really read the thread better. i did make a follow up comment clarifying what i was getting at.

take a peek. 

Your comment did not clarify. It didn’t make clear that you actually understood what a public area is and is not, neither did it make clear what you actually meant. 

Private businesses can enforce many different rules, your options are to follow the rules or go to another business.

Though you can try being a Kevin (Karen’s brother) and see how long it takes for the BIB to turn up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Running errands today in Chiang Mai. Mask wearing continues. I will continue to wear inside areas, such as malls but once outside in open areas with others distant ... off to comes.

After 2 years and the pandemic now classified as endemic, freedom of choice is now something that we all deserve and have as far as possible. Masks are still needed at my daughters school so I wear one when picking her up, or if I have to go inside a shop but outside now its refreshing not to have to wear one.

• Like 2