Thailand officially drops mask mandate in late night Royal Gazette order

webfact

I reckon many  locals will still wear them, but the number who stop will start low and increase exponentially. Look at standing up in cinemas. There's hope things will change within their minds.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

They can no longer enforce it.

Yes they can, of course they can.

Any business has the right to refuse admission/service on their own property.

the dropping of the mask mandate applies to public areas not private areas.

Who you allow on your property is up to you and not the law or the person wanting entry.

Why do you think that the Police have to get a warrant to enter a private property without permission.

• Like 2

Just now, edwinchester said:

They're private businesses so they can require customers to wear a mask to enter if they want.

And the choice to lose very many customers and hence profits is in their hands also. However I doubt that the  Chiravat family will want that to last too long especially as it is special present day next month which they always grovel to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

They're private businesses so they can require customers to wear a mask to enter if they want.

They can of course, and their customers can choose to spend money elsewhere.   7/11 are sticklers for the rules, but if the mask rule is no longer a rule I would expect them to drop the requirements as they are in the business of making money...   If they drop the requirement then I would expect most other shops would too.   

• Like 1

they were talking about dropping first at outdoor, followed sometimes later on with indoor.

And they were planning to do the first step from 1st July.

They should keep in on public transport, at least.

Germany still has it, some other european dropped it from April.

Some international airlines still enforce on air planes, but not at their airports.

I still have stock of 200 good quality masks which I got for some 1b, few months before that they were going for up to 10-20b.

I think the next wave is possible in thailand, in parts of europe there is now "summer wave".

btw if anybody knows where to get Cepacol Original lozenges (do protect and treats bacterial and viral infections) please do let me know. Production is discontinued for some unknown reason and can't get it at my places

4 minutes ago, internationalism said:

they were talking about dropping first at outdoor, followed sometimes later on with indoor.

Some international airlines still enforce on air planes, but not at their airports.

I still have stock of 200 good quality masks which I got for some 1b, few months before that they were going for up to 10-20b.

I think the next wave is possible in thailand, in parts of europe there is now "summer wave".

btw if anybody knows where to get Cepacol Original lozenges (do protect and treats bacterial and viral infections) please do let me know. Production is discontinued for some unknown reason and can't get it at my places

Masks have not been banned.   You can wear your mask wherever you want, whenever you want, including on public transport.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, internationalism said:

(do protect and treats bacterial and viral infections) please do let me know. Production is discontinued for some unknown reason and can't get it at my places

btw if anybody knows where to get Cepacol Original lozenges

Available on Shopee:

https://shopee.co.th/????-CEPACOL-????-ยาอมแก้ไอ-(แบบซอง)-รสน้ำผึ้งผสมมะนาว-รสส้ม-ลดเจ็บคอ-คอแห้ง-ไอแห้ง-ชุ่มคอ--i.16681569.10513032102?sp_atk=87764886-a40b-4164-b3c2-0d29f05af583&xptdk=87764886-a40b-4164-b3c2-0d29f05af583

46 minutes ago, James105 said:

Masks have not been banned.   You can wear your mask wherever you want, whenever you want, including on public transport.

not banned, but they were talking about gradual removal - first from outdoors, later from indoors and public transport.

That how it suppose to be done, and how other countries are doing.

There are stil many countries with mask obligation at public transport, including flights

55 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

there are many Cepacol lozenges (orange, lemon, vit C, wild berry etc) and  they are more like sweets than real medicines

The Original is discontinued. That the only one to contain cetylpyridinium chloride.

This seller has posted a picture of the Original (the blue packaging), but doesn't have it as a choice to select.

I have written to that pharmacy, but I don't have hope for reply

Edited by internationalism

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

pretty much 99% of people I know have had covid.

A handful had the sniffles and a tickly throat, the rest nothing.

Why are hospital beds being clogged ?

I stopped wearing masks months ago except for places like supermarkets/7-11's/hardware stores etc etc.

Yep, and people will continue to get new variants.  A new article out in the New England Journal of Medicine says that both vaccinated and boosted people vs prior infected people, will still easily get the new variants.  https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2206576

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed

This is a good move. The draconian element of threatening to fine or jail people for not wearing a mask outdoors, was positively heinous. I understood it, when we had tens of thousands of new cases a day. But now? The cases are way down, and wearing a cloth mask outdoors was never much of a preventative measure, unless one was in a very crowded area, and asking people to mask up while riding a motorbike made Thailand the laughing stock of the planet. 

I already stopped wearing one outdoors. I refused in the past few weeks. Perhaps more tourists will come now that this surly and ridiculous requirement was been removed?

• Like 2

Wearing face masks is now voluntary in Thailand

image.jpeg

From Thursday June 23rd, the wearing of a face masks outdoors and in public places is no longer mandatory and people are free to choose whether to wear one, according to an announcement published in the Royal Gazette yesterday.

The relaxation is in line with the improvement in the COVID-19 situation, which has seen the number of new infections, severe cases and fatalities steadily decline in recent weeks, enabling people to resume a life close to normal.

Although mask wearing is voluntary, the Ministry of Public Health recommends that people consider the benefits of wearing them, which can reduce the risks of contracting COVID-19 or other respiratory diseases when they are in a crowded venue, where air circulation is poor or where social distancing is not possible.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/wearing-face-masks-is-now-voluntary-in-thailand/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-06-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

4 hours ago, stoner said:

711 and central are public areas too. this is going to be interesting. 

Not so, there are private spaces and are covered by the last paragraph in the article.

'TPN media notes that private businesses and events have the ability and right to make mask wearing at their establishments and venues required, however'.

Go and try it out if you wish.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, redwood1 said:

7-11 has the worst ... in Thailand......They love to scream and yell at the maskless there..

I agree, however my local 7/11 has given up, because so may maskless were entering the premises!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

If you look closely at the graph I posted earlier you can see the effect that the mask mandates had in Germany (zero effect).   They didn't make any difference so why would anyone else want to copy such a failure of a policy?   

I do agree though that if you are a surgeon and are operating on patients in an operating theatre I would certainly agree the polite thing to do is to continue to wear your properly fitted mask.   I do not think the removal of this mask mandate prevents surgeons from wearing masks when operating on people.   

If you are scared/worried then you can do social distancing and take some personal responsibility for your own health.   No-one is going to force you to go to nightclubs and give people hugs as far as I know.   

Twisting the figures to match your mandate?

The masks were introduced because of a spike and was not the cause of the spike.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2