Thailand officially drops mask mandate in late night Royal Gazette order

webfact

Reading this thread 7-11 has been blasted for continuing to ask for masks. Have they, has anyone actually been to a 7-11 today and asked to still wear a mask?

7-11 should file a defamation suit lol

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Haha 2

Just now, alex8912 said:

It simply won't be enforced in the next coming weeks. Nearly everyone will be masks off. It's over. Even in drag it out Thailand. It's over..

I would say that it would be dependent on which area of Thailand.

Tourist areas, I can see the masks fully disappearing very quickly but outside of the tourist areas I think things will be a little different.

It's nearly 2pm in Samutprakarn and I have not seen a single mask-less person today and that includes all of our office and factory staff (400 pax).

The local shops and 7-11s are still running with the mask mandate, as were the rest of the locals that I saw on my commute to work.

it will be interesting to see if this changes locally overnight.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nope, provide peer reviewed evidence for your claims and I'll be more than happy to read it. 500 word articles from anti maskers don't cut it for me.

Do statistics produced by the ONS get peer reviewed?  Thats a new one on me.   It's just numbers.   They don't have feelings and they only seem to show that masks do not have any impact on Covid in the real world.  

Happy to change my mind if you can provide any evidence to the contrary - peer reviewed or otherwise - that is as compelling as the England vs Scotland experiment.    I presume you must have some actual data to be so certain of what you believe?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Excel said:

Well that is certainly a move in the right direction as most of the civilized world has already done. A good, but belated move but as they say , better later than never.

My only thoughts now are what is going to be the next move by this unpopular government to scare the poorly educated populace to kowtow to this governments flights of fancy ?

Thais kowtowing to laws? You have obviously never been out on the roads. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

7-11 has the worst mask nazis in Thailand......They love to scream and yell at the maskless there..

Unless you are Indian and in Phuket. They just do what they like to do

I will continue to wear an Mask , Have lived in Thailand for 15 years , before wearing an Mask I would get 3 or more Colds each year only for three to five days when Covid come I would wear an Mask when ever I went out side, I have never had an Cold since I have done nothing else only wear the Mask I think they work, maybe only for me but will not stop wearing an Mask, do not care what anyone thinks I am sure they protect me. I wear an KN95 Mask.  

24 minutes ago, James105 said:

Do statistics produced by the ONS get peer reviewed?  Thats a new one on me.   It's just numbers.   They don't have feelings and they only seem to show that masks do not have any impact on Covid in the real world.  

Happy to change my mind if you can provide any evidence to the contrary - peer reviewed or otherwise - that is as compelling as the England vs Scotland experiment.    I presume you must have some actual data to be so certain of what you believe?  

? What are you talking about? I tend to believe stats from ONS. Do you? I've used them many times on covid related deaths via vaccination status and other paramitors.

I tend not to believe anti maskers who quote ONS stats when those stats contain zero information on masking. 

Perhaps quoting ONS positive rates without taking into consideration all the other paramitors on how masking can effect those numbers or not proves a point to antimaskers promoting their websites and you apparently.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Old car dealer said:

I will continue to wear an Mask , Have lived in Thailand for 15 years , before wearing an Mask I would get 3 or more Colds each year only for three to five days when Covid come I would wear an Mask when ever I went out side, I have never had an Cold since I have done nothing else only wear the Mask I think they work, maybe only for me but will not stop wearing an Mask, do not care what anyone thinks I am sure they protect me. I wear an KN95 Mask.  

And I bet you have an annual flu jab too

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Not seen this reported anywhere else yet?

Bkk Post? Reuters? AP? AFP? BBC?

Beaten by the Pattaya News?

RAZZ

Actually well done Adam and TPN - seem you beat the other news outlets by a good couple of hours.

RAZZ

Covis daily cases are higher than they have ever been. It just the vast majority are not getting atk results confirmed with a pcr. We have have daily cases of students off sick, and the case rate has started to increase the last two weeks. I would wager daily cases are 100-200K a day now. 

7 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I don't see this making much of a difference where I am (Samutprakarn).

As we are in an industrial area, locals were wearing masks long before Covid.

Also, wearing a mask here seems to be seen as a sign of respect to everyone around you.

I can go years (literally) without seeing another westerner in this area, so there will be no outside influences.

I think that it is obvious that masks will be ditched (in the main) in tourist areas but it will be interesting to see how this goes down here.

It will also be interesting to see how Bangkok reacts, with a mix of tourists and full time residents.

I will probably carry on wearing a mask when in the company of other mask wearers, just to be polite.

T.I.T....Up to you!  ????