Pattaya bar owner floored in Soi Pothole in scuffle with youtuber.

jack71

Grey area in my opinion.

If the attention-seeking idiot with the camera wants to video in public, that's his right.

If people want some privacy in public, then they also have rights (this month's new law for example).

But in summary, everyone's wrong but it's great entertainment.

A middle aged Englishman giving it the 'look at these sad fools' in Pattaya.

Several middle-aged Brits getting upset about being filmed sitting next to hookers.

Everyone needs to grow up!

- If you're in a bar and not crazy drunk, pay attention to who's walking around out front doing what.. that includes YouTubers, police, jealous husbands, wives etc.

- If you're a YouTuber tying to get attention and views by filming these guys... expect what you get.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

NO

And if any such youtuber gets beaten up because he does exactly that then he shouldn't hope for mercy.

And their phone smashed to smithereens if that was what they were using to video. They are the dregs and  so many of them sound like ignorant Brits. who don't understand how this invasion of privacy could effect some people

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Publication of photos or films showing people while they are on private time should not be allowed except if they were aware they were being photographed/filmed and manifested no objection to it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, steven100 said:

There's nothing grey about it .......     the patrons are not monkeys in a zoo.   

Anyone who tries it without permission needs a smack down.

There's plenty grey about it.

Put yourself in a YouTuber's shoes instead of a sexpat's

I watched the video months ago (did you?) From what I saw it was all filmed in a public street.

I'm not defending the <deleted> who filmed it any more than I'm defending the people who don't want to be filmed.

Edited by 2long
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

on private time

Where do you draw the line here?

If I walk up Khao Sarn Road in a bad mood, am I on private time?

Edited by 2long

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

unless the YouTuber asks for permission and the owner & patrons agree then no .....  there's nothing grey. 

It's black and white.

What's black and white?

Are we both talking about a guy standing in the STREET making a video? Or did he go into the bar and point the camera into people's faces?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would any person want to do that?

Who cares what makes YouTubers and Influencers happy? They world was just fine without them not too long ago.

I wouldn't do that, and I don't like or agree with him. But the world is what it is, and changing all the time. Did your grandmother send text messages? Mine neither.

The YouTuber is a fool. We all agree on that.

But the sexpats who take offence need to think about what's really going on, what they care about, and who's breaking what laws.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2long said:

What's black and white?

Are we both talking about a guy standing in the STREET making a video? Or did he go into the bar and point the camera into people's faces?

Some time ago the resolution of films and camera wasn't high. If someone filmed from the street without a tele you wouldn't be able to recognize anybody.

That changed. With high resolution video a lot can be seen that was hidden previously.

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Some time ago the resolution of films and camera wasn't high. If someone filmed from the street without a tele you wouldn't be able to recognize anybody.

That changed. With high resolution video a lot can be seen that was hidden previously.

Does the clarity of videos make things more or less illegal or legal?

As I wrote before, I watched the video several months ago and thought that all parties made themselves look stupid... but a YouTuber gets the views, and the person on film gets nothing he wants.

All I'm saying is, is did the YouTuber do anything wrong or illegal? Especially given that this was filmed and published months before the new law?

Sounds to me like secretive and protective sexpats want to protect people's privacy.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be filmed misbehaving. But I would take action not to be.

2 minutes ago, 2long said:

The YouTuber is a fool. We all agree on that.

But the sexpats who take offence need to think about what's really going on, what they care about, and who's breaking what laws.

It doesn't seem to me like everybody agrees about that youtuber.

Personally when I sit in a bar or even in a restaurant or coffee shop I want my (limited) privacy. And I respect other people's privacy. I.e. if there are 5 free tables I won't sit on the table just next to people if I can also sit a little further away. Most people do the same.

If my neighbors chat I don't lean over to listen to them. And I don't film them. Why should I do that?

It seems some youtubers are like nosy neighbors. They want to see everything and listen to everything and, even worse, publish this. And, even worse, add their stupid comments. Decent people don't do that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It doesn't seem to me like everybody agrees about that youtuber.

Personally when I sit in a bar or even in a restaurant or coffee shop I want my (limited) privacy. And I respect other people's privacy. I.e. if there are 5 free tables I won't sit on the table just next to people if I can also sit a little further away. Most people do the same.

If my neighbors chat I don't lean over to listen to them. And I don't film them. Why should I do that?

It seems some youtubers are like nosy neighbors. They want to see everything and listen to everything and, even worse, publish this. And, even worse, add their stupid comments. Decent people don't do that.

Yes, they're a pain and annoying.

But in the video (if you watched it) he was in the public street. 

Yes, he was being a d*ck. But he wasn't breaking any laws.

The people in the bar didn't like it (understandable) but they had no right to challenge him.

People make a noise in front of my house every day, and some look inside, but me attacking them is wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2long said:

Sounds to me like secretive and protective sexpats want to protect people's privacy.

Is everybody who has a drink in a (girly) bar a sexpat?

Can people not expect a little privacy even if they don't do anything illegal? Or especially if they don't do anything illegal?

If youtubers want to expose criminals then please go ahead, do that. Let's see how brave they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1