Pattaya bar owner floored in Soi Pothole in scuffle with youtuber.

jack71

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Is everybody who has a drink in a (girly) bar a sexpat?

Can people not expect a little privacy even if they don't do anything illegal? Or especially if they don't do anything illegal?

If youtubers want to expose criminals then please go ahead, do that. Let's see how brave they are.

If you want privacy, you can find it at home.

If you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide.

If I see a person with a camera I either hide my face until they have passed or act like a total retard and ruin their clips.

People who want a good view and privacy can't be choosy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

IMHO there should be something about Vlogging under the computer crimes act. It is an obvious invasion of privacy. I can understand the bar owner, drunk or not. And in this case the entitled appendage  is the chap who thinks he has the right to make money by exposing the private lives of other people. 

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

IMHO there should be something about Vloging under the computer crimes act. It is an obvious invasion of privacy. I can understand the bar owner, drunk or not. And in this case the entitled appendage  is the chap who thinks he has the right to make money by exposing the private lives of other people. 

Could harm his business as well .

Customers not wanting to go into bars where vloggers film and also girls not wanting to work there for the same reason .

The Canadian Vlogger who went to the bars in CM and stuck his camera into peoples faces and said to the girls "I make video" , "You be on youtube" , was really awkward with the girls asking him in for a drink thinking he was a customer and he films them for a few minutes and walks away to the next bar and also tells the girls that hes married .

Just seemed all rather unpleasant 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, FalangKino said:

I think vlogging a dead horse is the op and he is shilling his channel subtly again by bringing up a story from months ago. Lol

I might get another thousand subs on my youtube out of this thread...nuff said

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

NO

And if any such youtuber gets beaten up because he does exactly that then he shouldn't hope for mercy.

Yeah, you cannot film private property without permission, even if you are standing on public property.

Also, it's kind of rude to film people anyway.  I always find it annoying when I see someone with a mike and a smartphone.  I know we don't have a right to really have an expectation of privacy when we are out in public, but I don't really want to end up in the background of a YouTube video.

It gets to the point where, if someone is making money from filming members of the public, where is the cut for the community they are using?

1 hour ago, 2long said:

But the sexpats who take offence need to think about what's really going on, what they care about, and who's breaking what laws.

You lose your right to privacy if you're doing something immoral?  Or the fact that you don't want to be filmed should make you question the morality of your actions?

1 hour ago, 2long said:

act like a total retard and ruin their clips

I know this is very childish, but I think it's actually quite a good response if you don't like being filmed.  Sure, they might have the right to film you in public, but you have the right to stair into the camera and wave, totally ruining that "take".

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I know this is very childish, but I think it's actually quite a good response if you don't like being filmed.  Sure, they might have the right to film you in public, but you have the right to stair into the camera and wave, totally ruining that "take".

assaulting someone, resorting to violence is never a good response. calmly and politely explaining you don't want to be filmed and/or requesting deletion of the footage is the way forward. i think in most cases most people will react positively to such a request. there are of course exceptions.

the filmer could have requested permission to film in the first place which would have been polite and respectful. this would acknowledge the fact some people don;t want to be filmed, especially when present in a sex tourism area, some people are not comfortable, or feel embarrassed, about  the fact they are there and worried that people who know them might find out that they are involved in sex tourism.

• Haha 1

Cringeworthy footage. On both sides. The vlogger bloke absolute tosser, how anyone could subscribe to his videos. Both blokes a total embarrassment and everything I hate about Pattaya. Wouldn't be the first time I seen some wheezing diabetic loud mouthed brit lying on the street in a puddle of his own p$$ who got his ambitions mixed up with his abilities. Saw a bloke come out of a cubicle in the toilets Central Pattaya one day...pants around his ankles....mid cr@p I assume abusing the poor little cleaning woman because he didnt know you had to get tissue before you went in. I only hoped she didn't understand the fowl names he called her and that she had some cousins on the way with steel pipes. Scum of the earth.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

assaulting someone, resorting to violence is never a good response. calmly and politely explaining you don't want to be filmed and/or requesting deletion of the footage is the way forward. i think in most cases most people will react positively to such a request. there are of course exceptions.

the filmer could have requested permission to film in the first place which would have been polite and respectful. this would acknowledge the fact some people don;t want to be filmed, especially when present in a sex tourism area, some people are not comfortable, or feel embarrassed, about  the fact they are there and worried that people who know them might find out that they are involved in sex tourism.

Quite often the filmer tries to provoked the filmed into extreme reactions , it makes for more views when someone gets angry and annoyed

• Haha 1

Whats the deal with these vloggers and you tubers? Obviously there is some financial reward. I heard though not sure you start getting paid for views over 100k. Does anyone know how it works and how much u get paid?

45 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Whats the deal with these vloggers and you tubers? Obviously there is some financial reward. I heard though not sure you start getting paid for views over 100k. Does anyone know how it works and how much u get paid?

It varies with different monetization schemes and types of content, but I saw one guy who said that he made $83 off a video that had a bit over 100k views.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Except then maybe you end up on channels like: retards of the month, probably with millions of subscribers.

After all, this is the internet... 

9 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Old story.  I think it was agreed that there must have been a back story to explain what was clearly an assault on the vlogger.  

I don't know.

If anybody wants to be part of the vlogger community that runs around filming in red-light districts then they shouldn't be surprised to be treated like scum. 

• Like 1

These vloggers may or may not be legal in Thailand using this tired old YouTube formula of raising a reaction from people (done to death in USA and subsequently in the UK baiting police and security staff) from the legal sanctity of a public street.

The obnoxious ones in Thailand seem to be those pandering to the 'Beavis n Butthead' mentalities out there by sneaking video snoopings on carousers purportedly being caught in some form of supposed flagrante delicto.

These are a breed apart from the benign (& done to death) 'inside track Pattaya experts' pounding the sois spouting their invaluable tips, info and barstool clichés - usually whilst trying to make their knowledge filled minds up how to pronounce Pattaya.

That said the obvious solution in the UK/USA always was for the police to basically ignore them - this has largely been rolled out and now getting hardly any triggered responses they get no footage of note - no views - no reward. 

If these errant vloggers are causing angst as in the case in point of this thread - then half assed responses like that outlined only fuel the fire by giving them yet more clickbait footage.

Far more definitive if they upset customers &/or hurt business would be a communal stipend to the nearest motocy rank to impart judicious ICU stays to these lens wielding parasites as required.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 2long said:

Grey area in my opinion.

If the attention-seeking idiot with the camera wants to video in public, that's his right.

If people want some privacy in public, then they also have rights (this month's new law for example).

But in summary, everyone's wrong but it's great entertainment.

A middle aged Englishman giving it the 'look at these sad fools' in Pattaya.

Several middle-aged Brits getting upset about being filmed sitting next to hookers.

Everyone needs to grow up!

- If you're in a bar and not crazy drunk, pay attention to who's walking around out front doing what.. that includes YouTubers, police, jealous husbands, wives etc.

- If you're a YouTuber tying to get attention and views by filming these guys... expect what you get.

In "public" is not inside a private business, bar or or otherwise, even with their doors wide open facing the street.  

5 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

If someone does not want to be photographed in a bar and knows that it will go public, I think he is in his rights not to have his privacy violated... 

If you sitting in a public bar you dont have privacy, for privacy go to bathroom.

• Sad 1

the question is weather it is allowed and legal to advertise on youtube the faces of people

without their written and signed consent.

in most countries it is illegal. i guess the people who are filmed and apear on youtube films

without their knowledge are not aware to the laws, and are not suing the youtubers.

in many countries such law suit will result in handsome compensation.

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Part of the reason the girls don't want to be on video is because of sponsors and family.  Both who have been told by the girls they stopped, or don't work bar.

I mean its not like family are watching videos of bars on YouTube all day looking for their child 

The rest of the bars seemed to not mind at all. 

Edited by dj230

3 minutes ago, dj230 said:

I mean its not like family are watching videos of bars on YouTube all day looking for their child 

No, but its a probability that their family will see it .

Someone from the village sees the video and sends a link to their family 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, but its a probability that their family will see it .

Someone from the village sees the video and sends a link to their family 

At that point you could say someone from the village sees them in person at the bar and tells their family too

Hard to blame the vlogger

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, dj230 said:

At that point you could say someone from the village sees them in person at the bar and tells their family too

Hard to blame the vlogger

Buts theres a difference between un unsubstantiated village rumour and video evidence doing the rounds

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Buts theres a difference between un unsubstantiated village rumour and video evidence doing the rounds

we live in a day with onlyfans and instagram, I see nothing wrong with the vlogger, looks like he was just having fun but to each their own 

Edited by dj230
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Those youtubers should try something similar in their home country. Point a camera at the entrance of a sex shop or a bar, etc. . I am sure someone will explain to them the errors in their judgement. 

In Amsterdam you end up in one of the canals.

• Thanks 2