Pattaya bar owner floored in Soi Pothole in scuffle with youtuber.

jack71

2 minutes ago, dj230 said:

we live in a day with onlyfans and instagram, I see nothing wrong with the vlogger, looks like he was just having fun but to each their own 

Yes, thats people putting content of themselves on line , we are talking about people putting content online of other people without their consent 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Seppius said:

Actually, his vlogs are well worth watching, he is very entertaining and comes across as a nice guy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG1EZotLKYl0p_Xm6JIJG4Q/videos

If you are making video's of people without consent, you are an idiot and you will face the consequences sooner or later. 

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 2long said:

There's plenty grey about it.

Put yourself in a YouTuber's shoes instead of a sexpat's

I watched the video months ago (did you?) From what I saw it was all filmed in a public street.

I'm not defending the <deleted> who filmed it any more than I'm defending the people who don't want to be filmed.

A youtubers tries to make money by filming other people. Doing so without consent is a request to being slapped.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Excel said:

And their phone smashed to smithereens if that was what they were using to video. They are the dregs and  so many of them sound like ignorant Brits. who don't understand how this invasion of privacy could effect some people

Not sure of that... there was an American guy doing it too. USA guys feel they have a God (or Constitutional) right to video someone in public places, and the victim has no expectation of privacy. I don't see many making videos of customers in Burger King or McD though, and they want to catch people in a girly bar location. 

I believe I should have some rights over public broadcasting of my daily life.....sad  buggers. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dj230 said:

I mean its not like family are watching videos of bars on YouTube all day looking for their child 

Normally not. But these are the kind of videos which nobody cares about until there is the right moment. Like: Doesn't she have this ceremony today. Let's have some fun and show the crowd some videos...

12 hours ago, Excel said:

And their phone smashed to smithereens if that was what they were using to video. They are the dregs and  so many of them sound like ignorant Brits. who don't understand how this invasion of privacy could effect some people

You will find most of these vloggers are American

(not that that matters - no! invasion of privacy laws are quite clear - even in Thailand)

Edited by hotandsticky

I know nothing about the legality of this. Is it illegal to film people without their consent, or illegal to publish the videos/photos of people without their consent ?  Walking around, I see cameras in/on houses, shops, dashcams, crash helmets, businesses, etc.  Is it illegal to video someone walking past my house without their consent ?  Just askin', 'cos I don't know the answer.

try filming at 1.00am in front of some bar in Patong when the security guys are standing outside .......

chance's are you'll get some real boxing action on video,   just point the camera at yourself .   Lol

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Wouldn't be the first time I seen some wheezing diabetic loud mouthed brit lying on the street in a puddle of his own p$$ who got his ambitions mixed up with his abilities.

I love this quote, brilliant! It's nuggets like this that make tuning in to this forum still worthwhile!