Pence leads Republicans calling for national abortion ban post Roe v. Wade ruling: ‘We must not rest’

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you disagree that it takes both a Male and a Female to make a baby ?

Are you saying that a female can make a baby on her own with no input from a male ?

The part played by men and women in causing pregnancy is not in disburse.

However, I think it fair to say most men grossly over estimate the size of their contribution.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Seriously abortion is totally fine up until a certain time. For a woman its a right and any many denying this is an stupid. I get it that there is a time limit but before that time there is no brain nothing. Just a clump of cells. 

The abortion time limit in the USA varies from between week 24 and week 28 . 

This baby was born at week 27 and that is within the time limit in some American states for an abortion

Tiny Lily-Mae, pictured holding one of her parents' hands, weighed just 1lb 11oz when she was born three months early in March

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2687302/Baby-born-just-27-weeks-defies-medical-odds-allowed-home-two-weeks-date.html

"No brain and just a clump of cells " ?

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This baby was born at week 27 and that is within the time limit in some American states for an abortion

Tiny Lily-Mae, pictured holding one of her parents' hands, weighed just 1lb 11oz when she was born three months early in March

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2687302/Baby-born-just-27-weeks-defies-medical-odds-allowed-home-two-weeks-date.html

Thats why those within that time are carried out on medical advice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thats why those within that time are carried out on medical advice

All states have different rules, in some states unborn babys can be aborted up to the 27 th week of pregnancy , which is the same age as the baby in the photo

"Abortion in Massachusetts is legal up to the 27th week of pregnancy"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Massachusetts

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

All states have different rules, in some states unborn babys can be aborted up to the 27 th week of pregnancy , which is the same age as the baby in the photo

In what way does that change my previous reply?

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

For a number of reasons my first wife and I decided on an abortion when she became pregnant with what would have been our third child 50 years ago. All I can say is that not a day goes by without us wondering what that little life would be like today had we not taken that action.

Yes, regrets.  But thankfully, you and your wife had that choice. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

https://ukhealthcare.uky.edu/wellness-community/health-information/short-long-term-effects-preterm-birth

• Like 1

Happy,

the US Supreme Court issues opinions on the constitution.  It cannot and does not make law…only the US legislative branch can issue actual laws…

that is why half the states will eventually ban abortion thru their state legislature and the other half will continue to allow abortion at various time intervals…it gets down to interpretation of laws by state legislation by writing detailed regulations and rules of enforcement…

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HappyinNE said:

Just pas the law that defines that a person starts at conception.  Taking its life is therefore murder.

A person does not start at conception.  The possibility of a person starts at conception but the foetus has to survive a 15-20% miscarriage rate, and a premature baby can only survive outside the womb after approx 22 weeks with extensive medical attention.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

9 out of 10 abortions are carried out within 12 weeks not the same as your image shows. In addition, two thirds of those were carried out before 9 weeks.

It doesnt really make much difference , you are still depriving a living being of a life , whether you do that after 9 weeks , 20 weeks or 30 weeks, doesn't really make much difference . To are just ending that life a few weeks earlier

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It doesnt really make much difference , you are still depriving a living being of a life , whether you do that after 9 weeks , 20 weeks or 30 weeks, doesn't really make much difference . To are just ending that life a few weeks earlier

Why do you keep on posting photos and not acknowledging when your wrong as proven in my previous posts? Its you that needs the biology lesson, however this is not school so I'll let you do your own research

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Without a medical approval? 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am confused , you replied to my post where I didn't post a photo and you ask me why I keep on posting photos !!!!!!!!!

I posted the previous photos because it was claimed that aborted babies are "No brain and just a clump of cells " and I posted photos to show otherwise

BTW,  Foetus at ten weeks old 

10 Weeks Pregnant: Symptoms, Belly, Baby Size & More | BabyCenter

Fabricated image, it’s not real, somebody used a computer to create the image.

Do can we get back to discussion and leave your collection of images to your instagram account?!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Fabricated image, it’s not real, somebody used a computer to create the image.

Do can we get back to discussion and leave your collection of images to your instagram account?!

You mean they didnt put a camera into the womb ?

Its a life like image from here 

https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/10-weeks-pregnant

Someone should invent an embedded man-womb so those men who object to their wives or girlfriends getting an abortion can have the fetus transferred to their man-womb and carry to birth. I'm sure Mac would be up for that!  No deprivation of life then.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

Someone should invent an embedded man-womb so those men who object to their wives or girlfriends getting an abortion can have the fetus transferred to their man-womb and carry to birth. I'm sure Mac would be up for that!  No deprivation of life then.  

To save my unborn childs life , if it meant myself keeping the unborn child  in my stomach for a few months , I would do that .

Would you do that for your unborn  Child or would you let them die ?

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Who are you to say that a womans right to her body is hers. You live in the past i hope that fanatics like you clear the field soon and leave room for a younger more progressive group of people. 

There is a good reason to hate Christians this one of them in many ways they are as backwards as the Muslims.

Seriously abortion is totally fine up until a certain time. For a woman its a right and any many denying this is an stupid. I get it that there is a time limit but before that time there is no brain nothing. Just a clump of cells. 

These remarks are just backwards thinking to control a woman. Get your own life in order before controlling others. 

Not just a clump of cells. You are misinformed.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Second time of asking.

Link please?

Color-coded map illustrating the legality of elective abortion in the United States as of June 28, 2022 (Updated daily)

1280px-Abortion_availability_in_the_US_by_fetal_gestational_age.svg.png

Legal
  Up to 15 weeks
  Up to 20 weeks
  Up to 22 weeks
  Up to 24 weeks
  Up to 27 weeks
  At any stage

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Color-coded map illustrating the legality of elective abortion in the United States as of June 28, 2022 (Updated daily)

1280px-Abortion_availability_in_the_US_by_fetal_gestational_age.svg.png

Legal
  Up to 15 weeks
  Up to 20 weeks
  Up to 22 weeks
  Up to 24 weeks
  Up to 27 weeks
  At any stage

That is not a link providing evidence of your assertion

The abortions are not carried out on medical advice , as you suggested .”

Please provide a link or retract your assertion.

A post has been removed:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article.

Also an unattributed image and reply

9 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

As a mental exercise: if men could become pregnant the same as women do, do you believe there would even be a debate? My guess is that abortion would become a "god given inalienable right" and amended into the constitution as such...

How many women support the Republicans and oppose abortion?

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That is not a link providing evidence of your assertion

The abortions are not carried out on medical advice , as you suggested .”

Please provide a link or retract your assertion.

You dont seem to be aware what an "elective abortion" is :

"An abortion is referred to as an elective or voluntary abortion when it is performed at the request of the woman for non-medical reasons."

The figures and graphs I provided state "elective abortion"  which means not at the advice of a medical person but voluntarily  elected by the woman .

Personally, I'm not a big fan of kids. Most grow up to be slimeballs anyway. I look around and see all these obese foreigners waddling around and wonder if 'Mom' is proud of what they let themselves become. These christians like pence think the same as I do, as most only really like theoretical humans, not the ones who are actually alive, and certainly not if they are minorities or of another culture's superstition. Guys like pence are all okay with wars when LIVING kids are splattered, which they euphemistically call 'collateral damage', but they will get on their knees and 'pray' for zygotes. pence also seems to forget plenty of his fellow christians intended to hang him on 6 Jan 2021, because thou (them) shall have a strange bloated gawd before them and do his 'will'. Not so nice people, by and large, these christians.

Kids aside, I'm even less of a fan of undifferentiated zygotes that might be as few as two cells (when a woman might choose a morning after pill). I also know there is no way on gawd's green earth I would want to spend 9 months getting increasingly bloated and uncomfortable, spend the first trimester with morning sickness, and generally have one's body totally out of control....so I would never impose that on someone else, especially if it resulted from an accident, or worse, a crime. I never thought 'penis envy' was real, but I damn well know womb envy is not. I'm more than happy to practice, but that's as far as I would ever go.

If I ever got a little crazy and decided to become a parent, certainly I would discuss it in detail with my partner so that both of us were sure it is something we wanted. Of course, given that the world is already carrying 7.9 billion people, I am not going to let that happen. I am delighted to say my gene pool stops here.

• Like 2