Pence leads Republicans calling for national abortion ban post Roe v. Wade ruling: ‘We must not rest’

onthedarkside

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It really doesn't matter when the majority of abortions are carried out , there isnt much different to the end result , whether the procedure would be carried out today or in one months time .

"It really doesn't matter" If that's ultimately your opinion why have you been arguing with everyone and ignoring every post with deflection and photos instead of acknowledging when you are wrong which you still are  incapable of doing? 

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If an unborn child was aborted at 9/12/15/20/35 weeks , the end result is still the same . That unborn childs life would end before it was born , whether that unborn childs life would end after a certain amount of weeks is irrelevant 

Who has disagreed with that? Nobody has.  Nobody can say that a baby would not be born if it goes full term unless there are complications. So if thats it then your done here right?

The debate is about Pence extending the abortion bills to all states and the consequences of that, the reasons why abortions should be allowed under under the correct legalities. Rape, incest, medical reasons, other reasons, etc etc etc etc but its already all been discussed so ta ta

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"It really doesn't matter" If that's ultimately your opinion why have you been arguing with everyone and ignoring every post with deflection and photos instead of acknowledging when you are wrong which you still are  incapable of doing? 

I do seem to have lost track a bit .

What was I wrong about ?

I posted correct information stating when elective abortions can be carried out , those are abortions without doctors advising . 

Yes, I dont not know at what stage the abortions are usually carried out at and to me, that's irrelevant anyway  .

Most abortions may be carried out at X weeks , but the posted the legal maximum age as to when they can be carried out .

What bit was I wrong about ?

16 hours ago, JCauto said:

There was a great analogy I read the other day that clarifies things in this endless and fruitless debate. It's a variation on the "Trolley Problem".

You're in a house that has caught on fire. The house is a Center for Reproductive Health. You wake up in a panic and rush to get out. On your way out, you quickly open a door because you hear someone screaming in terror and inside there are two chairs. One has a child of 1 year old on it. The other has a big container with 1,000 in-vitro fertilization eggs that have already been impregnated with sperm and the cooling systems to maintain them. You can only carry one and what is left will burn. What do you do?

Yo! Mac! Mac Mickmanus! Did you see this post? Why haven't you responded? What would you do? You've responded to other posts since I sent this and you responded to my other posts about this topic. Simple question. What do you do? HELLO!!!!!

12 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Yo! Mac! Mac Mickmanus! Did you see this post? Why haven't you responded? What would you do? You've responded to other posts since I sent this and you responded to my other posts about this topic. Simple question. What do you do? HELLO!!!!!

The answer is obvious , everyone would choose the baby .

But if I were to reply with "The baby" , he would try to use that to make me wrong about something, or that I'm a hypocrite or something or prove some other point .

He seemed to be making the point that babys have more value than unborn babies .

Everybody would choose to rescue the baby

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The answer is obvious , everyone would choose the baby .

But if I were to reply with "The baby" , he would try to use that to make me wrong about something, or that I'm a hypocrite or something or prove some other point .

He seemed to be making the point that babys have more value than unborn babies .

Everybody would choose to rescue the baby

Exactly. Thank you for being honest. Now use the same calculus to assess the value of the unborn in comparison to that of the mother. The unborn do not in any case have any precedence over the living. 

• Like 1