Visa requirements

My son and his Girlfriend are planning on flying to Vietnam from Thailand in January- do you only get 15 days tourist visa on arrival now instead of 30? They were planning on staying more than 15 days

18 hours ago, Trudy said:

My son and his Girlfriend are planning on flying to Vietnam from Thailand in January- do you only get 15 days tourist visa on arrival now instead of 30? They were planning on staying more than 15 days

Length of visa depends entirely on nationality and country of origin. But more to the point, that's just way too far away to answer now. All could change in six months.  

3 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Length of visa depends entirely on nationality and country of origin. But more to the point, that's just way too far away to answer now. All could change in six months.  

Thanks. They’re British living in England. Yeah I know a lot is changing, first time travellers they just want all the Ts crossed and I’ dotted. 

• 3 weeks later...

2,5 yrs ago I used this company for 6month visa. It was reliable, cheap (about $ 85) and I could pay by credit card so no risk.

I plan to use them again when I need to go.

https://www.cheapvietnamvisaonline.com/

And there are many on line companies again to issue visas. Just do your search.

The way those cheap visas work is this;

They put big groups together and submit all at once to the Vn immigration.

Then, after arriving to clearance airport, you just check your name on the list on the window and when they call go to pay "stamping fee" $ 25, then wait and get stamped passport back.

I didn't know any on the list (mine was 80% Russins!) but all went smoothly.

I wish Thailand would be this easy and cheap!

• 4 weeks later...

no visa-on-arrival, which is different from visa-exempt.

UK have a 15-day visa-exempt scheme, along with about 10 other EU nations.

if you want 30 days, just apply for an e-visa, which is 30 days max at the moment: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt . UK is one of the 80 countries with this option.

by January, they may or may not bring back the longer visas.