He's an ANGRY White man ! - are you ?

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I can only tell you 2 things. I know that you are not Australian and that shrimps and barbies don't coexist in any country that I'm aware of.

For Americans, a shrimp on the barbie is the existential Australian reality from a popular tourism tv commercial of my youth urging people to spend giant money to visit what is essentially Utah without Mormons.

More the point, why is a chicken parm sandwich so dire over there when its the semi-national dish? Excuse me, a parmie.

I wanted to organize a kind of Italian-American culinary peace corps to explain this dead-simple dish to you.

The fact is that I agree with you about 92%. If only I agreed in the propah form.

4 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

For Americans, a shrimp on the barbie is the existential Australian reality from a popular tourism tv commercial of my youth urging people to spend giant money to visit what is essentially Utah without Mormons.

More the point, why is a chicken parm sandwich so dire over there when its the semi-national dish? Excuse me, a parmie.

I wanted to organize a kind of Italian-American culinary peace corps to explain this dead-simple dish to you.

The fact is that I agree with you about 92%. If only I agreed in the propah form.

The ad was bastardised to suit American parlance. Australians cringe when they see it. I cringe when I see a chicken parm, only the poor eat it which explains why it's the national dish I suppose. It used to be a steak and 3 veg but they can't afford steak anymore. Or 3 veg. Maccas is the national diet. Australia is Utah with Mormons unfortunately, not that I have seen any for a long time, Maybe they're extinct there now.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Australia is Utah with Mormons unfortunately, not that I have seen any for a long time, Maybe they're extinct there now.

I'm saying that Australia is Utah (dramatic dessert scenery, rugged individualism) WITHOUT Mormons. 

Or on average, decent looking women. I can see why you're all in Thailand. Olivia Newton John was a steep outlier.

6 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I'm saying that Australia is Utah (dramatic dessert scenery, rugged individualism) WITHOUT Mormons. 

Or on average, decent looking women. I can see why you're all in Thailand. Olivia Newton John was a steep outlier.

But there ARE Mormons. Are you referring to  Pavlovas and Lamingtons or Ayer's Rock, aka Uluru?

I'm sorry, but you seem to be the only joke-averse person ever born in otherwise blooey-bloke Australia.

The only Ayler I care about is Albert (that's for GammaGlobual to hopefully post a YouTube on).

5 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I'm sorry, but you seem to be the only joke-averse person ever born in otherwise blooey-bloke Australia.

The only Ayler I care about is Albert (that's for GammaGlobual to hopefully post a YouTube on).

A joke at your expense just passed over your head I think. My bad, I shouldn't have been a spelling nazi I suppose. Bluey is red head.

Edited by ozimoron

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have asked quite a few non Whites in London and none of them have ever suffered from any racism .

The only time I have heard of any racism  (and its also happened to me three times) , is when Non Whites are abusive to mixed raced couples . 

Some Black and Asian guys hate seeing "their woman" with White guys (And there are also probably some White guys who hate seeing "their woman" with non white guys) .

Three times I have has some unpleasant remarks by non Whites , because I was with an Asian Woman , some of my friends have also had similar remarks when they are with their non White girlfriend .

(And I am quite sure it also happens to non White guys with White girlfriends) 

I worked in inner city schools in the UK and my experience of working with colleagues and students is very different. I’ve only been away 2 years but will be returning for a 5 week holiday next week as the Int School here where I work will be on summer break. Not sure how much that will have changed in two years

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2020-to-2021/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2020-to-2021

FAABDA90-9984-4BA7-A2AE-97178EABD1D9.png

28 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

I worked in inner city schools in the UK and my experience of working with colleagues and students is very different. I’ve only been away 2 years but will be returning for a 5 week holiday next week as the Int School here where I work will be on summer break. Not sure how much that will have changed in two years

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2020-to-2021/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2020-to-2021

FAABDA90-9984-4BA7-A2AE-97178EABD1D9.png

Those include all hate crime , they aren't White people attacking minorities .

Muslims attacking Jews are a high percentage  of race hate crime as are various minorities attacking other minorities . 

Yes, I am sure Whites are responsible for some of the race hate crimes , as are all ethnicities 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Those include all hate crime , they aren't White people attacking minorities .

Muslims attacking Jews are a high percentage  of race hate crime as are various minorities attacking other minorities . 

Yes, I am sure Whites are responsible for some of the race hate crimes , as are all ethnicities 

You really did’nt read the link did you. I even put a graphic for the year 2021 with 85k recorded race crimes to make it easier for you, that figure is taken from the linked article if you look under the correct section…………

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

You really did’nt read the link did you. I even put a graphic for the year 2021 with 85k recorded race crimes to make it easier for you, that figure is taken from the linked article if you look under the correct section…………

I was commenting on this section of the link you provided , showing that Jews and Christians made up a fair percentage of those attacked (50 % ?)

Numbers and percentages   England and Wales
Perceived religion of the victim Number of offences 2020/21 % 2020/21
Buddhist 23 0
Christian 521 9
Hindu 166 3
Jewish 1,288 22
Muslim 2,703 45
Sikh 112 2
Other 351 6
No religion 174 3
Unknown 926 16

Propaganda and poppycock…this dude probably got an ‘A’ in both Critical Race Theory and Gender Ideology to cimpliment his closet full of green participation ribbons. 

It seems to me he’s ‘angry’ for all the wrong reasons and his message would have been much more effective, had he come out in rainbow hair and blackface. 

I can disagree with whomever I please, that doesn’t make me an ‘angry white man’ and it doesn’t have to mean I hate anyone, either. 

20 hours ago, mosan said:

Right. But I'd suggest that the "real" angry white men hail from the USA...

I met one on the golf course yesterday. 

Started speaking Thai to me saying I was too slow; he picked the wrong farang to try that with. 

Met another one two weeks ago on his motorbike and when I nearly ran him over, he looked like he wanted a fight, until I got out the car. 

Hua Hin has a lot of angry white men. 

56 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was commenting on this section of the link you provided , showing that Jews and Christians made up a fair percentage of those attacked (50 % ?)

Numbers and percentages   England and Wales
Perceived religion of the victim Number of offences 2020/21 % 2020/21
Buddhist 23 0
Christian 521 9
Hindu 166 3
Jewish 1,288 22
Muslim 2,703 45
Sikh 112 2
Other 351 6
No religion 174 3
Unknown 926 16

No wrong again and nothing to do with racial crime that you brought up, you remind me of one of my students, which is where I have to go now. No further comment ????????

98267779-42CA-428A-B398-8E19E92A5D4D.png

Edited by coolcarer

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I met one on the golf course yesterday. 

Started speaking Thai to me saying I was too slow; he picked the wrong farang to try that with. 

Met another one two weeks ago on his motorbike and when I nearly ran him over, he looked like he wanted a fight, until I got out the car. 

Hua Hin has a lot of angry white men. 

Wow,can i be your friend?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

No wrong again and nothing to do with racial crime that you brought up, you remind me of one of my students, which is where I have to go now. No further comment ????????

98267779-42CA-428A-B398-8E19E92A5D4D.png

Errmmm, How can I be wrong, when I posted a graph from the link you provided ?

Are you saying that the graph in the link that you provided was wrong ?

12 hours ago, rumak said:

slow down ,  you're getting all worked up.    i think you mean   "doesn't concern me" .   see. some things you can fix .    BTW:  how does one know who is stupid when two guys are claiming it's the other one ?

I'd say the stupid one was the one without a degree.

Works every time on this forum.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Woke: 

-awake, awareness of social inequity and injustice, alert to injustice in society, especially racism, to be socially just, believe every individual must be treated equitably and fairly by society.

Woke = Broke (see Disney stock price; also NBA and NFL viewership)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Errmmm, How can I be wrong, when I posted a graph from the link you provided ?

Are you saying that the graph in the link that you provided was wrong ?

Do you not even read you own post? You asked a question. 
“Jews and Christian’s made up a fair percentage of those attacked. (50%?)”

Wrong. Do some maths on the chart I posted, religion 5,627. Racial 85,268. Not quite your 50%

Edited by coolcarer

21 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Here is someone whose angry about many things, what about you ?

I think John song puts this chaps feelings more into perspective, more so a dreamer than an angry old man IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

You asked a question. 
“Jews and Christian’s made up a fair percentage of those attacked. (50%?)”

Wrong. Do some maths on the chart I posted, religion 5,627. Racial 85,268. Not quite your 50%

I did mean that Jews and Christians make up about 50 % of all attacks based on Religion .

About half of the victims of attacks based on Religion were Jews and Christians . 

Racial attacks can also be Blacks attacking Asians/Chinese

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I can only tell you 2 things. I know that you are not Australian and that shrimps and barbies don't coexist in any country that I'm aware of.

I always thought a “shrimp on a barbie” was slang for an Australian man having sex with a female. ????????????

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some terms are just used by people because they are used by many other people.

I.e. if I talk to Thai people about "my farang friend" they will have an idea about (part of that) person.

If I would say he is a westerner or an American or a Dutch guy or a white guy that would be more complicated. That's why I call a farang a farang.

And then there is obviously the question how often people use a term. I.e. recently I wanted to talk to a black American guy about racism. I see him from time to time and we are friendly but he is not "my friend". I was not sure if I could/should use the term "black guy" because other words were used for many years until someone decided that now that word is racist and can't be used anymore.

All that PC <deleted> makes thinks unnecessary complicated.

OneMoreFarang

Oh come on, OMF…are you sure you’re not just trying to justify that horribly racist screen name of yours? ????????????

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CM Dad said:

What a stupid comment.  This man is enlightened.  What exactly do you mean with that silly term "woke"?

Have you seen Disney’s stock price lately?