He's an ANGRY White man ! - are you ?

CharlieH

14 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Arßehole...it is little ßhits like you that spoil this world.

I think it would be most fitting were you to keep repeating this phrase - whilst looking into that mirror of yours. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, emeraldruby said:

Oh. I thought you were suggesting  someone had cut and pasted  a block of text? That's what you asked for ,the link. But if you can't find a link or there is none or you don't  really want to  find it.You are not making a point! Anyway, just in case you have a genuine  or sincere desire  to find a link then now you know

"Oh. I thought you were suggesting  someone had cut and pasted  a block of text?"

Yep, correct.

"That's what you asked for ,the link. But if you can't find a link or there is none or you don't  really want to  find it.You are not making a point!"

<Insert meme about something going over someone's head>

"Anyway, just in case you have a genuine  or sincere desire  to find a link then now you know

I actually knew that Google can be used for such things already but thanks anyway.:thumbsup:

17 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Woke: 

-awake, awareness of social inequity and injustice, alert to injustice in society, especially racism, to be socially just, believe every individual must be treated equitably and fairly by society.

Very interesting… nowhere in your definition does it mention removal of statues that are historically significant, erasure of controversial history or burning and looting of businesses owned by hardworking and innocent people. Shouldn’t those items be included in your wonderful definition?

• Like 2

See yourself as a victim, and a victim you will be.

Life is unfair and unequal. Always was, always will be. What 'civilized society' should endeavor to do is make things as legally equal as possible. After that, each person succeeds or fails according to his or her own efforts. Where societies err is when they think they should be held to a higher standard than anybody's gawd, since nobody's gawd is even remotely fair. Level the playing field, leave no one out, but don't afford anyone any special privilege or right, and folks will succeed on merit. Yes, sometimes there must be a kind of redress for situations where societies have failed, but that is usually at a basic level, such as insuring all have access to a good education.

Oh, and don't discriminate. Nobody asked to be born the way they were born, whether that means ethnicity, gender, the predominant faith in one's nation, or what kind of person attracts them. Best, too, to remove religion from any form of government, as it's pretty silly to make rules in 2022 based on the abject ignorance of Bronze Age 'prophets' (aka either liars or lunatics).

The epitome of the  'angry white man' was previously POTUS. Born into incredible privilege, with a monthly $200K allowance since age 3 and an inherited $412 million, somehow his favorite word is "UNFAIR !". Actually, he's less the epitome of the angry white man than the whiney white man. He gave voice to other whiners who are in search of someone else to blame for their own personal failings. Sadly, that sort of projection resonates with a certain demographic, which is what has led to the rise in autocrat wannabes, snake oil salesmen who take advantage of other's self-proclaimed victim status.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Woke: 

-awake, awareness of social inequity and injustice, alert to injustice in society, especially racism, to be socially just, believe every individual must be treated equitably and fairly by society.

Here is another definition, enjoy!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I met one on the golf course yesterday. 

Started speaking Thai to me saying I was too slow; he picked the wrong farang to try that with. 

Met another one two weeks ago on his motorbike and when I nearly ran him over, he looked like he wanted a fight, until I got out the car. 

Hua Hin has a lot of angry white men. 

Did he mistake you for Charlie Bronson?

17 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Jesus in a fit of righteous  anger drove the money changers out of the temple

Screenshot_20220629-181857_Firefox.jpg

I always think of this picture when I see an ATM in a monastery. Although the peaceloving Buddha wouldn't bring out a whip, he would certainly have orally chastised them.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Looking forward to the day Americans stop trying to colonize the world with their bizarre and divisive theories in race and gender.

You must prefer the Chinese or Russian colonists then? ????

Edited by Chris.B

9 minutes ago, Smithson said:

I prefer the way everyone gets along here and ppl don't bring their baggage from home. I like the way trans ppl are accepted without being seen as victims and the way gay marriage went ahead without a big pro and anti movement.

I like the tolerance here and that ppl aren't obsessed with others sex lives. Thailand is a world leader for female CEOs, but doesn't have rabid rad fems calling for a war on boys. Says a lot about the difference here and the West.

"Thailand is a world leader for female CEOs......."

Interesting. Do you have a link to a credible source corroborating that claim?

"................., but doesn't have rabid rad fems calling for a war on boys. Says a lot about the difference here and the West."

Not sure that's a positive for Thailand as domestic violence is endemic in Thai society. I could very well understand if they had a few (hyperbole alert) "rabid rad fems calling for a war on boys".

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/survey-shows-75-of-thai-women-experience-domestic-violence-more-than-once/

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I met one on the golf course yesterday. 

Started speaking Thai to me saying I was too slow; he picked the wrong farang to try that with. 

Met another one two weeks ago on his motorbike and when I nearly ran him over, he looked like he wanted a fight, until I got out the car. 

Hua Hin has a lot of angry white men. 

So you're one of them? OK then.

PS. I really hate slow play and don't mind mentioning that to the Tiger wannabes who stand over a 4' put for minutes before hitting and lipping out, followed by a minute of eye rolling, another look at the line and vigorous head-shaking.

*****s the lot of them.

I find it hard to understand the extreme opinions in this debate. When I watch him I see someone trying to do the right thing but  trying too hard to the point of being boring.

Not hard to see that various 'ism's, racism, sexism, etc are still around and to be sincere in wanting them reduced is a good thing. Some things that might seem trivial or detrimental to some can be seen in a different way without much effort e.g. blacks not being keen on having to walk past statues of confederate leaders each day. I wonder why? Then one extreme leftie says Lincoln statues should go and the right tars the whole left with the same brush.

One thing I don't like on this site is people who seem to make a point of pride of dismissing the suffering of others such as Ukranians.

Thinking that it's clever or antiwoke to have no reaction to seeing a bully kill innocent people. Or to want to do something is insincere unless you take on every battle at all times. 

On the other hand a constant thought process whereby a person is telling the world about trying  to help and stand up for others, while often actually doing nothing,  can come across, and probably is, insincere. Relax and live your life.

On other topics covered:

I find many young like 60's to 90's music and don't see it as kids of the 70's like me saw big band music. Rock n roll and pop changed the dynamic and in many ways hasn't changed over the years. Hotel California is and was not my cup of tea and was neither rock or pop in my opinion. It's some kind of easy going blend.

Parmas not parmies where I come from. Prawns not shrimp. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

"Thailand is a world leader for female CEOs......."

Interesting. Do you have a link to a credible source corroborating that claim?

"................., but doesn't have rabid rad fems calling for a war on boys. Says a lot about the difference here and the West."

Not sure that's a positive for Thailand as domestic violence is endemic in Thai society. I could very well understand if they had a few (hyperbole alert) "rabid rad fems calling for a war on boys".

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/survey-shows-75-of-thai-women-experience-domestic-violence-more-than-once/

Google the CEO stat, there's plenty of info. SEA is a leader.

Australia has a national anti domestic violence campaign run on rad fem theories. More than a decade and billions spent, stats haven't changed. This stuff is social snake oil.

The bottom line is it's up to the Thais shape society, not white neo colonialists.

Every one I meet from the US says they couldn't wait to leave as it's so divided and you can't escape it. Let's not bring it here.

Edited by Smithson

1 hour ago, Smithson said:

Google the CEO stat, there's plenty of info. SEA is a leader.

Australia has a national anti domestic violence campaign run on rad fem theories. More than a decade and billions spent, stats haven't changed. This stuff is social snake oil.

The bottom line is it's up to the Thais shape society, not white neo colonialists.

Every one I meet from the US says they couldn't wait to leave as it's so divided and you can't escape it. Let's not bring it here.

Yes, let's not bring radical theories like it not being right to punch women even if you're married to them to Thailand! Status quo is obviously better.

Of course, the thousands upon thousands of victims of domestic abuse might have a different opinion....:coffee1:

On 6/29/2022 at 1:13 PM, jesimps said:

I'm now 77 yoa and I can honestly say that I've never once seen a non-white be racially abused. I keep hearing about it from the woke thinkers, but it is always conveniently generalised and people never quote exact examples. It's too easy to bang on about institutional and subconscious racism without giving actual examples. 

I've been verbally abused countless times in my life, especially when I lived in your part of the world and when I was in the army. I took it as banter and gave as good as I got. If I was a non-white, I could easily have assumed that it was because of my colour. 

My god man, have you been living in a cave?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

I'm a smug white man.

We invented electric power, lighting, purified drinking water, modern sewage systems, cars, refrigerators, airconditioners, washing machines, airplanes, computers, smartphones, internet, vaccines, antibiotics, cures for horrible diseases that have afflicted Third World people, modern medical technology, life-saving medical devices, etc ........... Oh, and modern philosophy and enlightened laws.

"We" , which ones of the above did you invent ?

55 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Nope he's definitely 100 % Scottish .

I hear that he's on this way back home  to Scotland now as we speak, after his brief holiday in South-West London 

he's a nob, my sister was his physiotherapist in Melbourne and my mother knows his mother, who's not very nice.

On 6/29/2022 at 12:02 PM, ozimoron said:

Have you never read on this forum that Farang is NOT a derogatory term? I hear the word used in Thai conversation among Thais constantly. Think "foreigner".

Farang is just how Thais say the French word for "foreign".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Smithson said:

Looking forward to the day Americans stop trying to colonize the world with their bizarre and divisive theories in race and gender.

Gender studies started and are much more popular in Europe. If you think "Americans" are out to get you, consult a psychiatrist.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

When I watch him I see someone trying to do the right thing but  trying too hard to the point of being boring.

Annnnd he wins the thread.

• Sad 1

The Thailand Lonely Planet Guide used to push Farang as a benign expression. I remember a Thai noodle stall owner noting that "Dog loves Farang" -and then saying it in Thai, and the laughter around me going on a little too long.

But what do I care?

How is that any diff from brits and commonwealth sullenly sniffing my American you know what?

Germans etc -never a single problem.

95% of brits and their ilk are totally cool and great to take the you know what with. But right above me stands exhibit A of what I'm talking about.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Sad 1

Most of these monuments did not go up immediately after the war’s end in 1865. During that time, commemorative markers of the Civil War tended to be memorials that mourned soldiers who had died, says Mark Elliott, a history professor at University of North Carolina, Greensboro.

“Eventually they started to build [Confederate] monuments,” he says. “The vast majority of them were built between the 1890s and 1950s, which matches up exactly with the era of Jim Crow segregation.”

https://www.history.com/news/how-the-u-s-got-so-many-confederate-monuments