Here's a nice new scam

brucegoniners

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

Just got this on my mobile phone via SMS (translated): Your parcel is waiting for the shipping fee to be paid.  www.ethailandpost.top

I wouldn't click on that link.

Very wise, yours is the 2nd thread today referring to that link;

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

I recieved an email from “wise” yesterday advising me that my account had been blocked until I verified my information…

I forwarded it to wise because to my mind they’ve either been hacked or the scammer got lucky and sent his email to an actual wise customer… I’ve heard crickets back from wise, very disappointed in that…

Lucky? What is lucky with finding 10 Wise users when sending out over 10k e-mails to online harvested e-mails?

17 minutes ago, emeraldruby said:

Local police? I'm from London  no such thing as local  police and no such service. If there was an emergency  at home friends or family would contact  me. The police  would  never  phone anyway for reasons  of impersonation  and security. 

I'm sure most people could think of an example pertinent to their own circumstances and whereabouts.

How about a relative's mobile has a flat battery and borrows their friend's phone to tell you the cheque you've been asking about every day has arrived?

Edited by treetops

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

I'm sure most people could think of an example pertinent to their own circumstances and whereabouts.

How about a relative's mobile has a flat battery and borrows their friend's phone to tell you the cheque you've been asking about every day has arrived?

LOL Fortunately I have more than one relative but few of them  use cheques   but anywsy I can't think the police would want to  get involved.

Perhaps  they would  send  me a telegram 

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Lucky? What is lucky with finding 10 Wise users when sending out over 10k e-mails to online harvested e-mails?

Wise are not Citicorp, I’d have thought wise are a global minnow, so for a scammer to target them and my email address being in their mail out batch yes, I’d say they got lucky.

I tried the link. After verification if I am human, I got the following: "503 Service Unavailable". Already taken down or not very professional. Just clicking the link is not that dangerous (if at all). But to trust those requests and fake sites and provide your data is. Check the url ("ethailandpost.top" not the real url) and how they address you. If they have any business relationship with, they would address you with your name, not just "Sir", your email or similar.

Been getting both SMS and Voice calls with the same information.  Contacted the local police here at Tungmahamek and they indicated they had many complaints.  The officer indicated it was coming from one of many call center scam centers and they are doing their best to shut them down.  However, there are some people that have fallen for it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Probably that new iPhone you won.   Think I got about 50 of them, waiting for me to pay that $1 shipping.

i had similar saying had won i phone and ask for my bank account and details an copy of my passport

• Like 1

Getting mails from Facebook and Microsoft. Facebook says I requested to change something so click here and Microsoft thinks I own my work account. 

Pull the other one.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HighPriority said:

I received an email from “wise” yesterday advising me that my account had been blocked until I verified my information…

I forwarded it to wise because to my mind they’ve either been hacked or the scammer got lucky and sent his email to an actual wise customer… I’ve heard crickets back from wise, very disappointed in that…

yes i am also disappointed in wise   very poor support if at all ...... 

• Like 1

Ive noticed that since I added my number for past Thailand Pass applications Im getting a lot more of these scam messages. I never give out my number and only friends have it. So the TP is not secure as somewhere along the line numbers are getting available. 

On 6/29/2022 at 6:59 PM, HighPriority said:

I recieved an email from “wise” yesterday advising me that my account had been blocked until I verified my information…

I received a similar email about a month ago, which I forwarded to Wise. it took them 3-4 days to reply, it is a scam, ignore it, put it in the trash.  

• Like 1