Ketanji Brown Jackson sworn in as first black woman on the U.S. Supreme Court

onthedarkside

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Was She chosen solely for her race and gender or was She the actual best qualified person for the job ?

There is no ‘Best qualified person for the job’.

There are numerous people who are qualified, each offering their own range of qualifications and experience.

Justice Brown Jackson is demonstrably highly qualified and a great pick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah,  you think I am racist? Got it.  I generally find that people who level such an accusation are closer to it than those they accuse.  Particularly when they have no evidence except their own imagination.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Ah,  you think I am racist? Got it.  I generally find that people who level such an accusation are closer to it than those they accuse.  Particularly when they have no evidence except their own imagination.

Ah huh…sure

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There is no ‘Best qualified person for the job’.

There are numerous people who are qualified, each offering their own range of qualifications and experience.

Justice Brown Jackson is demonstrably highly qualified and a great pick.

Who were the other candidates ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Who were the other candidates ?

Why does it matter?

A choice has been made, so what’s your objection, or is this another of your ‘I don’t know much about it/I’ve not been following this/I’m not informed on the issue… that’s why I’m asking’ sprees?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Well, it you have any other evidence, other than a short message on the internet, out with it. Otherwise it would seem you are talking out your ass. 

Oh dear, off topic personal insults again. 

I’ve made it clear how your posts came across and how your change of tack isn’t credible. 

Do you have anything new or even on topic to add?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why does it matter?

A choice has been made, so what’s your objection, or is this another of your ‘I don’t know much about it/I’ve not been following this/I’m not informed on the issue… that’s why I’m asking’ sprees?

biden kept his promise of nominating a black woman. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh dear, off topic personal insults again. 

I’ve made it clear how your posts came across and how your change of tack isn’t credible. 

Do you have anything new or even on topic to add?

So I take it your answer is "no, nothing other than a post on the internet".  

There was no change of tack. Biden showcased Justice Jackson for her skin colour and her sex. That is what I correctly pointed out. If anyone is the racist, it is the current occupant of the White House. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

So I take it your answer is "no, nothing other than a post on the internet".  

There was no change of tack. Biden showcased Justice Jackson for her skin colour and her sex. That is what I correctly pointed out. If anyone is the racist, it is the current occupant of the White House. 

Ah huh…sure. 

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

...and a shallow, politically motivated promise it was. Crass, clumsy, and racist. 

your last sentence sums up "America" as a whole. it was a rort from the start, even Blind Freddy can see that.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

As people have been stating  that She was the best candidate , I would have thought that they would have known who the other candidates were, in order to make  their observation . 

I cannot fathom how some people can claim one person was the best candidate , when they have no idea whom the other candidates were 

I’m not sure anyone had said ‘she’s the best candidate’, my view is she’s a great choice.

I’ve already debunked the fallacy of ‘a  best candidate’, it’s a nonsense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

He made the promise because no black women had ever been nominated. It was up to the senate to approve her and they did. Overwhelmingly. Not one senator, republican or democrat suggested the nomination was racist.

Choosing a person solely because of their race , treating people differently according to their race , is the very definition of what racism is 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Choosing a person solely because of their race , treating people differently according to their race , is the very definition of what racism is 

Totally agree, which is why Kamala Harris got the VP job and also Biden's  Press Secretary.

• Like 1

Just now, mikeymike100 said:

Yet when she was asked , what is a woman?, she couldn't answer.LOL

No, she said that had no bearing on the post to which she was being appointed.

GOP fixation with how other people live their lives is not a criteria for selecting SCOTUS Justices, well, not when they aren’t doing the selection it isn’t.