Florida’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ law takes effect today. Its impact is already being felt

onthedarkside

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its not pain at all , its now getting rather repetitive , seeing the rainbow flag flying everywhere . 

Flying from schools , lampposts , zebra crossings and various other places.

I do like a bit of variety, rather than seeing the same thing over and over again , its like having the latest fashion item 

Of course, that’s what it is.

My bad.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Of course, that’s what it is.

My bad.

I do realise that that's a thinly veiled accusation that I am homophobic and that's the reason  I am not absolutely delighted to see the rainbow flag flying everywhere .

But the message is spread through fear *Have rainbow zebra crossings and anyone who objects is a homophobe and needs to be punished * kind of thing.

But I will happily skip and dance  across rainbow zebra crossings and may even blow a whistle as well 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do realise that that's a thinly veiled accusation that I am homophobic and that's the reason  I am not absolutely delighted to see the rainbow flag flying everywhere .

But the message is spread through fear *Have rainbow zebra crossings and anyone who objects is a homophobe and needs to be punished * kind of thing.

But I will happily skip and dance  across rainbow zebra crossings and may even blow a whistle as well 

You seem to picking up rather a lot of  hidden messages.

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What did you mean by your post then ?

I meant precisely what I wrote.

Just like a rainbow pedestrian crossing isn’t a message daring you to object in order to accuse you of homophobia.

I avoid all these confusing secret messages by not being in the slightest bothered about other people’s sexuality.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am not bothered about anyone elses sexuality either , I do wish that they would just shut up about it though as I am not interested in the slightest .

I was just pointing out that black and white zebra crossings include everyone, whilst the "all inclusive" rainbow coloured zebra crossings are representative  of about 5 % of the population 

I think we are still allowed to use a ‘Rainbow Pedestrian Crossing’, except of course those living in parts of the world were being gay is a crime subject to severe penalties.

I say, rejoice in the freedoms others have.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think we are still allowed to use a ‘Rainbow Pedestrian Crossing’, except of course those living in parts of the world were being gay is a crime subject to severe penalties.

I say, rejoice in the freedoms others have.

Yes, I may not agree with anyone  painting a zebra crossings in numerous colours , but I will defend their right to do it .

Even if the colours represent every single sexual orientation apart from mine , even if I am ostracised from the group , I will rejoice in THEIR freedoms 

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, I may not agree with anyone  painting a zebra crossings in numerous colours , but I will defend their right to do it .

Even if the colours represent every single sexual orientation apart from mine , even if I am ostracised from the group , I will rejoice in THEIR freedoms 

Their freedoms don’t detract from your own, so yes rejoice in others enjoying the same freedoms as you have all your life.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Everywhere huh?

Do you live in West Hollywood.

Your rhetoric does come off as homophobic.

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Their freedoms don’t detract from your own, so yes rejoice in others enjoying the same freedoms as you have all your life.

It doesnt bother me either way , the only thing that concerns me is that I don't just walk across the road (Thai style) and that I wait until the pedestrian light turns green and the cars stop 

5 hours ago, michael87 said:

Desperate over New Yorkers fleeing to Florida, NYC mayor turns to lies, and never one to avoid a PR stunt has come up with the "plan",

In a response to anti-grooming legislation recently signed by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis that critics have absurdly dubbed the "Don't Say Gay" law, New York City is rolling out a digital marketing campaign encouraging members of Florida's LGBTQ community to move to the city.  Mayor Eric Adams said at an April 4 briefing that the Big Apple's campaign is set to include digital billboards.  One of these ads reportedly states: "People Say a Lot of Ridiculous Things in New York.  'Don't Say Gay' Isn't One of Them."

'Don't Say Gay'

Get it?  It's okay to say "gay" in Gotham City.  Of course, it's also okay to say "gay" across the state of Florida, as the bill in question never once mentions the word.  By rights, it should be called the "Doesn't Say Gay Bill."

It is amusing that New York is now trying to lure Floridians to move there, given the massive outflow of Empire State residents to Florida that has taken place over the past couple of years.  Wonder why so many erstwhile residents of New York have chosen to relocate to Florida?  Could it be for the freedom?  No state income tax?  Weather?  A governor who believes that children should be educated, not indoctrinated?  All of the above?

This liberal pathogen is growing more destructive and amusingly hysterical day by day in America.

Nobody is grooming your children in schools.  It isn't happening.  Florida is far from the panacea you seem to think it is.  There is a large outflow of people from Florida moving elsewhere.  Google is your friend, but here's one:  

https://stacker.com/florida/where-people-florida-are-moving-most

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am not bothered about anyone elses sexuality either , I do wish that they would just shut up about it though as I am not interested in the slightest .

I was just pointing out that black and white zebra crossings include everyone, whilst the "all inclusive" rainbow coloured zebra crossings are representative  of about 5 % of the population 

Coloured crossings have been a thing for a while with UK councils.  The so-called Pride rainbow crossings are just one example of that.  

Rainbow crossings represent people who are gay and those who support them, so 5% is wildly off. 

4 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Coloured crossings have been a thing for a while with UK councils.  The so-called Pride rainbow crossings are just one example of that.  

Rainbow crossings represent people who are gay and those who support them, so 5% is wildly off. 

Could be, the rainbow flag  zebra crossing was this design and I haven't yet checked to see what all the colours signify , so maybe it now encompasses more then 5 % of the population 

progress-pride-flag.

2 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

The Straight Pride flag is black and white stripes. Crikey! They've got pedestrian crossings everywhere. I'm so sick of seeing them all.  ???? 

D8YBnsOXUAAUJri.jpg

Completely different to zebra crossings .

zebra crossings go cross ways , rather than straight 

Manchester to Implement New Zebra Crossings | Anglo Liners

Florida's hateful Make LGBT people and discussions INVISIBLE law is just the tip of the iceberg.

It's a major national trend. LGBT youth are under a vicious and persistent national aggressive attack by homophobic right wing demagogues.

Particularly noxious is forcing LGBT youth to get permission to join supportive school clubs as many such youth have extremely homophobic often ultra religious parents. So forcing people OUT way before it's safe to do so is part of the right wing's agenda. Of course most such kids will not OUT themselves to awful parents and thus not be able to join the clubs, the group that could benefit from a supportive place the most. 

Obviously the sum total of these policies spreading rapidly nationally is increased bullying of LGBT youth and increasing suicides. 

These aren't innocent laws. They may be great politics for the culture war demagogues, but they have human victims (who the right wingers obviously don't care about at all).

Right wingers keep saying they are trying to protect the children but in reality they are trying and succeeding in directly causing harm to LGBT children.

This article references both the endangered clubs and laws like Florida's to make LGBT INVISIBLE.

Gay-Straight Alliance clubs come under attack at schools nationwide - The Washington Post

LGBTQ clubs were havens for students. Now they’re under attack.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here we go.

YES, this is as bad as the critics have said, possibly worst.

Remember -- this is all about all grades.

How is this not downright PERSECUTION? 

I do think that many people have been totally fooled by this and support the law because they think (WRONGLY) it's only about very young children. This is brilliant right wing politics because when people (CORRECTLY) criticize the law the demagogues can call such people dirty names which I won't repeat. The right wingers are very good at politics. But as far as policy, they are very WRONG.

Florida high school enacts insane new LGBTQ policy and everyone’s thinking the same thing / Queerty

Florida’s Parental Rights in Education bill, or the so-called Don’t Say Gay bill, was signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis (above) in March. It went into effect on July 1 and some public school districts are already rolling out dangerous new policies.

• Like 1