Domestic Flight - no passport

24 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Officially, no, there's a pretty short list of acceptable documents (see link below), and it needs to be an original.

But of course you could get lucky. 

https://www.airportthai.co.th/en/which-documents-are-accepted-for-domestic-travel/

1 listed there for non-Thais needs a word of caution: The Alien Identification Card only has name in Thai, so your plane ticket would need to be issued in Thai name. You can't use Pink ID to check into flight if ticket carries name in Latin.

Was told this by a friend who tried to use it, but could eventually find his passport.

I was surprised to find a work permit listed. Wonder if digital work permit is accepted...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

I was surprised to find a work permit listed. Wonder if digital work permit is accepted...

Does Thailand issue a digital work permit?

26 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

A few years ago I realized that I didn't have my passport while we were driving to the airport!  I gave them my Thai DL and got on the plane with no problems.

As mentioned in an earlier post in this topic, the Thai driving license is still on the list of valid identification documents for check-in for a domestic flight.

04-3.jpg

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

i believe any ID showing your name with a photo will do. 

my friend told me once he used his photo of the passport in his phone.

Thai drivers license will have the foreigners passport number on it.

It's always wise to have a picture/PDF of your passport and current Visa on your phone in case any problems arise.

(That's in case for some reason your traveling without your passport).

Hotels will want to see and copy your passport information page. 

Edited by MrJ2U

17 hours ago, Maestro said:

Does Thailand issue a digital work permit?

Yes, I had it for years. Honestly I prefer the booklet. This is a DWP application for a phone, where you're given password and then use the ... was it email address? I think it was email address... and that password to register in the app. It's a 2 page WP lookalike with a QR code that keeps changing. If you scan that code it takes you to labour ministry website and shows all the details to print out.

But it's a hassle as many places want a paper one, and then on changing phone, all settings are gone and you need to re-register it. On the flip side, getting it extended takes 20 minutes of taking a new photo and updating the date (at One stop center at Chamchuri square at least).

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/thailand-digital-work-permit/id1286605356

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doe.dwp&hl=th&gl=US

• Thanks 1