Extend visa on arrival

No problem.

You are actually extending your visa exempt entry 

TM7 form .

1900baht.

Also few basic photocopies of passport. 

Apply couple of weeks prior to expiry of your 30 day stamp. 

Edited by DrJack54

52 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No problem.

You are actually extending your visa exempt entry 

TM7 form .

1900baht.

Also few basic photocopies of passport. 

Apply couple of weeks prior to expiry of your 30 day stamp. 

Im not OP , but i got similar questions .

I want to go in October-November for around 55 days . Before i always took a single entry tourist visa , but the paperwork involved has gone up again . Since i am staying for most part in GF home , i do not have a hotel reservation ( needed for at least half of journey ... ) or invitation letter , including id card and house registration all Certified Copy ( were can she do that... pff ) .

Anyway , the easier options are :

- book hotel for half of my stay at 1 of the websites , and cancel it after i get my visa

- visa run ( i think it is possible now?)

or and now we get it ...

Can i just enter with 30 day stamp and extend it at local immigration office ( Udon Thani ) ? Before there was the TM6 which you needed to say length of stay , and outbound flight . Since TM6 is gone (correct?) i do not need to say it . Prob the airline will ask for my visa , do i need to book a air ticket out , in the middle , which i need to scrap , so it is no problem ? 

Or finally get the GF doing the paperwork ( no computer in house , so will be serious hassle ) and where can she get Certified Copy ?

I think the hotel option looks the most promising , easy to book and cancel and no costs involved at all , would that be a issue ?

THX

get a 30 day visa exempt entry, and then extend at local immigration office for 30 days 1,900thb,

may need a flight out of the country within 30 days of arrival to keep the airline happy,

you will also need a tm30, and there are mixed reports of tm6 still be required, if you can still do a tm6 it would be best to do so, as immigration may require it

33 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Did this myself in Korat 12 days ago now.

Fairly easy - needed to sight original plus photocopy of marriage certificate.

Took 35 minutes all up.

The OP entered visa exempt (incorrectly referred to as visa on arrival) 

For a 30 day extension why does marriage come into it. 

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP entered visa exempt (incorrectly referred to as visa on arrival) 

For a 30 day extension why does marriage come into it. 

Wonder whether @FARANG KIWImight actually have been referring to a 60-day extension for the purposes of visiting his Thai wife? In which case off-topic, of course.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys,  i e-mailed Thai airways, My carrier, who said i wouldn't encounter any problems on their side, when i take my outbound flight!, so i will look to extend the visa by afurther 30 days, @ the immagration office in Korat.

41 minutes ago, ahddub said:

Can I enter on a visa-exempt 30-day (U.S. citizen) and apply for marriage visa (married 30+ years) in-country?

If this is a topic in another thread, please advise.  Thanks.

Yes you can.

You require 400baht in Thai bank account in your name on day of application for non O marriage.

You also need 15 days remaining on your entry stamp. (21 at some office).

Hence you need bank account very quickly.

Be aware that your 30 day visa exempt entry can be extended by 30 days if more time required.

The non O marriage gives you a 90 day permission of stay.

In the last 30 days with the 400k having been in the bank for 2 months you can obtain a 12 month extension.

Edited by DrJack54

On 7/3/2022 at 1:46 AM, steve187 said:

get a 30 day visa exempt entry, and then extend at local immigration office for 30 days 1,900thb,

may need a flight out of the country within 30 days of arrival to keep the airline happy,

you will also need a tm30, and there are mixed reports of tm6 still be required, if you can still do a tm6 it would be best to do so, as immigration may require it

It requires 2 things i do not like , the TM30 and especially , the stupid flights out , which from Udon to BKK and later to Laos is just a joke . As far as i read , the TM6 is still there , so i do need to fill in official paper on how many days i stay and when my flight out is and flight number . This means a confirmed booking , which i do understand , but booking 2 flights ,Udon to BKK/DMK and then to Laos Vientiane , while i can just go by bus for shorter time and less money ,  just feels so stupid . Cancelling 2 flights , while just booking a hotel and then cancelling , way easier ... . Ps i i do know airline will ask my visa or onward travel plans , so i do need to show them something . They did always ask me before , and expect it not to be any different now , as it should be ( i go in a country with rules , i need to follow the rules , so 30 day visa with 52 days stay is not possible) .

Personally i think i made my decision , just book a hotel for 30 days , somewhere in the middle , and cancel it later , very easy ,np ... .