Renewed my annual retirement ext this morning at Korat.

On 7/5/2022 at 4:05 PM, oldcpu said:

Out of curiousity what bank do you use?  Am I correct in saying it is not Bangkok Bank?

The yellow bank. Krungsri/Ayudhya.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grain said:

The yellow bank. Krungsri/Ayudhya.

Were Krungsri able to provide you with a 12-month statement on the spot without any advance notice (as required in the case of Bangkok Bank)?

Also do you use the 800k balance or 65k monthly income method for proving finances?

Edited by OJAS

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Were Krungsri able to provide you with a 12-month statement on the spot without any advance notice (as required in the case of Bangkok Bank)?

Also do you use the 800k balance or 65k monthly income method for proving finances?

I only use the 800K in the bank method. I never touch that money, other than taking the interest off, but the balance never drops below 800K year after year. I made no advance notice, just went to the bank as they opened the doors at 8:30, I was first customer in and went straight to the counter, gave the gal a little printed slip that Imm had given to me earlier, and that listed 3 things that were required. So a couple of letters/docs were prepared for me on the spot (I didn't really take much notice of them) it all took about half an hour and I was off to Imm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

I also have a Krungsri account (in addition to Bangkok Bank).

My Thai wife has been pushing me to shift my proof of financial funds (where I keep 800K THB) from Bangkok Bank to Krungsri as she claims that Krungsri will issue the paperwork required (to prove the 800K present for 1 year continuous) on the spot, and not make one wait one week like Bangkok Bank.

Your post confirms what my wife noted.

I may indeed consider doing this change of banks for proof of the funds. The Bangkok Bank requirement to wait a week adds an extra visit to the Bank which would be nice to avoid (the extra trip).

How far from home to Bkk Bank?

You can get a 12 month statement from their Online banking now.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

My Thai wife has been pushing me to shift my proof of financial funds (where I keep 800K THB) from Bangkok Bank to Krungsri as she claims that Krungsri will issue the paperwork required (to prove the 800K present for 1 year continuous) on the spot, and not make one wait one week like Bangkok Bank.

I may indeed consider doing this change of banks for proof of the funds. The Bangkok Bank requirement to wait a week adds an extra visit to the Bank which would be nice to avoid (the extra trip).

Sounds like a good idea, move your funds over to the yellow bank.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Won't your Immigration Office accept your passbook, or don't you update it regularly?

You'd think that would be sufficient. For the life of me I really can't understand why I can't update my passbook and present that for the IO to see that for the past 12 months my money has remained in the bank and the balance has never dropped below the required 800K. There was so much paperwork for my last extension there must have been 2 or 3 trees worth of paper. 

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

The Mee Tae Dai savings account at Krungsri Bank is what I use for my 800k baht (0.9% APR interest).  My branch is small and usually I go in on one day to request the letter and 12-month bank statement and pick it up when the bank opens the next day.  They can produce it while you wait but actually I rather like the way they do it as I don't wait at the bank very long at all.  Bangkok Bank on the other hand took a little over a week for the statement to be ready.

18 minutes ago, grain said:

You'd think that would be sufficient. For the life of me I really can't understand why I can't update my passbook and present that for the IO to see that for the past 12 months my money has remained in the bank and the balance has never dropped below the required 800K

What you describe is exactly what is required at CW.

Unfortunately there are many immigration offices that insist upon creating hurdles. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What you describe is exactly what is required at CW.

Unfortunately there are many immigration offices that insist upon creating hurdles. 

I have found a copy of bank book only works at CW if you have a dedicated account of 800k for immigration purposes only which I now have where I just have only 3 or 4  transactions a year.

Before when I used a single account for both immigration and day to day living with many transactions they asked for 12 months of statements.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

No they will not anywhere.

3 hours ago, grain said:

You'd think that would be sufficient. For the life of me I really can't understand why I can't update my passbook and present that for the IO to see that for the past 12 months my money has remained in the bank and the balance has never dropped below the required 800K. There was so much paperwork for my last extension there must have been 2 or 3 trees worth of paper. 

That's all I've ever had to do at Rayong Imm.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:
5 hours ago, KannikaP said:

No they will not anywhere.

4 hours ago, grain said:

Expand  

That's all I've ever had to do at Rayong Imm.

Same for me @ Buriram for my last 6 extensions, only updated bank book and bank letter confirming balance.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

16 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Same for me @ Buriram for my last 6 extensions, only updated bank book and bank letter confirming balance.

Are you saying that IO in Buriram accepted your updated bank book and letter, NOT a 12 month statement.

12 hours ago, grain said:

I only use the 800K in the bank method. I never touch that money, other than taking the interest off, but the balance never drops below 800K year after year. I made no advance notice, just went to the bank as they opened the doors at 8:30, I was first customer in and went straight to the counter, gave the gal a little printed slip that Imm had given to me earlier, and that listed 3 things that were required. So a couple of letters/docs were prepared for me on the spot (I didn't really take much notice of them) it all took about half an hour and I was off to Imm.

10 hours ago, oldcpu said:

Thanks for these replies, which, between them, provide all the info I was seeking. I plan to apply for my next retirement extension at Rayong next Tuesday, using the 800k method for the first time. For this purpose I have opened a dedicated account (just a common or garden savings one with no card nor even internet access linked to it) at a Krungsri branch which is slap bang en route to the immigration office from where I live (my main account being with Bangkok Bank).

As @Eff1n2ret has subsequently pointed out, Rayong haven't, in his experience, required a bank statement on top of an account confirmation letter plus updated passbook. However, seeing as this is the first time with the 800k method in my case, I thought that I would take the precaution of asking for a statement as well for inclusion in the bundle of supporting documents which I always take with me at annual extension of stay time in an attempt to anticipate possible Immigration requests. Quite frankly, I doubt whether I'll lose any sleep over the extra 100 THB it will cost me!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Are you saying that IO in Buriram accepted your updated bank book and letter, NOT a 12 month statement.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I've never been asked for a bank statement.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. I've never been asked for a bank statement.

I shall ask at my IO in P'lok. Would save a lot of 4ucking around. Thanks.

• Like 1

I've only ever done my retirement extensions at Chonburi and Korat, both always required me to get the letter from the bank, which is signed and stamped by the manager or assistant manager. Both offices also want to see the bankbook.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, grain said:

I've only ever done my retirement extensions at Chonburi and Korat, both always required me to get the letter from the bank, which is signed and stamped by the manager or assistant manager. Both offices also want to see the bankbook.

You're getting retirement extensions, which are supposed to be relatively simple.

So Korat requires copies of passbook pages, guarantee letter showing account balance, AND 12-month statement?

What else does Korat require in addition (beyond what is listed in the CW reports) that necessitates so much copying?

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 12:07 AM, NoDisplayName said:

You're getting retirement extensions, which are supposed to be relatively simple.

So Korat requires copies of passbook pages, guarantee letter showing account balance, AND 12-month statement?

What else does Korat require in addition (beyond what is listed in the CW reports) that necessitates so much copying?

Korat requires copies of passbook pages, guarantee letter showing account balance, AND 12-month statement? - correct, all that from bank.

Plus photocopies of TGF's ID card & housebook, as she owns the house I'm registered at. Plus photocopies of current PP (the name/photo page and all pages with stamps) And I think 4 double sided forms giving them my name and DOB and address about a dozen times, and me acknowledging the penalties for overstay. 

And in this case with me, I recently got a new PP. A couple months ago I went to Korat Imm with new PP and old PP to have my visa/ext transferred. For that they required photocopies from new PP (only a couple pages) but the entire old PP, which was the larger extra pages version. From memory old PP amounted to 24 A4 pages, all signed. And for some reason when I did my retirement ext a month later they needed another complete set of photocopies of old PP, so another 24 A4 pages, meaning they now have 2 complete sets of photocopies of every page of my old cancelled PP.

They told me next year I won't need copies of old PP, so that will greatly reduce the amount of copies I'll be handling.

On the plus side I've found Korat Imm very fast and helpful when doing these exts. If you find out beforehand exactly what they want, and return fully prepared, then everything moves very efficiently. None of this having to come back a few days later, that I often got at Pattaya.

• Like 1