Fuel for Honda Scoopy ?

6 minutes ago, papa al said:

Most scoots have a decal near filler for fuel spec.

I think no scooter has this from factory. These stickers are put there by rental shops, so if OP bought this scooter (and it wasn't a second hand one from a rental shop), it doesn't have such a sticker.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

the best Fuel

Best fuel economy?

Compression ratio is 10:1, so unlikely that 95 brings an advantage over 91.

On the other hand small (village) pumps don't have 91 anymore.

Price difference is marginal.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Cheapest would be E85, this might destroy his engine....

Quite right E20 OK and don't think E85 is on the list of fuels in the handbook a Scooby can use. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

No,always buy the best appropriate fuel - any savings are infinitesimal on a scooter. 

Correct it wouldn't bother me and don't think it would bother OP but I don't know what kind of position the OP is in. 

Like auto scoots are not that economic on fuel they use twice as much as a Wave.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

No,always buy the best appropriate fuel - any savings are infinitesimal on a scooter. 

95 E10 ("Gasohol 95") is available everywhere.

Use this and done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Like auto scoots are not that economic on fuel they use twice as much as a Wave.

The latest ads for the Wave say 67 km/l (157 mil/gallon, 0.67 l/100 km).

For moto taxi and couriers this is an important number.

Not for the average shopping rides.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Only mentioned it out of bordem ???? because the Wave I have full use of is good on fuel.

The Wave and my Airblade scoot both are filled at home with litre the same amounts and that's how on average the kilos covered work out. 

No wonder there popular.

My Fireblade does approximately between  16 and 22 to a litre of 91.

Though I know little about modern bike stuff, but am sure it is similar to petrol cars.

Fuel types can differ in the same ride by different manufacture year, check handbook.

Your engine compression usually designates the fuel octane to be used, using a 95 octane in a bike that the handbook states 87/91 is just a waste of money. Every new bike has a handbook, in it states useable fuel types. ????

Modern cars though have the fuel system operated by its onboard tech that caters for different fuels, very handy.... ????

30 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

The way I ride????

I poodle around on my Scoot & my Wave so find them very different on fuel usage, I find them unstable after years on a proper motorbikes.

My Fireblade on the other uses whatever fuel from switching to reserve to  reserve again, last fill up 770 baht. 

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's a lie, I have one from 3 years ago and it uses about 1.9l/100km or 52km/l in my real world usage (small trips here and there, sometimes a little bit longer trip somewhere), and I think the current Wave is basically identical. Maybe if you don't exceed 50km/h you can achieve Honda's numbers.

I had auto scooters in the past, can't remember the exact numbers anymore, but iirc it was a bit below 2.5l/100km.

So yes, auto scooters use more, but definitely not twice as much as much as another poster suggested, and even for a motorcycle taxi, the effective cost difference is relatively small.

Edited by FriendlyFarang

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Though I know little about modern bike stuff, but am sure it is similar to petrol cars.

Fuel types can differ in the same ride by different manufacture year, check handbook.

Your engine compression usually designates the fuel octane to be used, using a 95 octane in a bike that the handbook states 87/91 is just a waste of money. Every new bike has a handbook, in it states useable fuel types. ????

Modern cars though have the fuel system operated by its onboard tech that caters for different fuels, very handy.... ????

Many big bikes with fuel injectors have ECU fuel adjustments for want of better words the same as cars.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

That's a lie, I have one from 3 years ago and it uses about 1.9l/100km or 52km/l in my real world usage (small trips here and there, sometimes a little bit longer trip somewhere), and I think the current Wave is basically identical. Maybe if you don't exceed 50km/h you can achieve Honda's numbers.

I had auto scooters in the past, can't remember the exact numbers anymore, but iirc it was a bit below 2.5l/100km.

So yes, auto scooters use more, but definitely not twice as much as much as another poster suggested, and even for a motorcycle taxi, the effective cost difference is relatively small.

Not a lie depends how you ride mush. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

and I think the current Wave is basically identical

Don't let Honda hear this.

And my memory served me wrong, they don't advertise 67 km/l but 76.9!

https://storage.googleapis.com/autostation-com/2021/01/742b8c70-all-new-honda-wave110i-02.jpg

36 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Don't let Honda hear this.

And my memory served me wrong, they don't advertise 67 km/l but 76.9!

https://storage.googleapis.com/autostation-com/2021/01/742b8c70-all-new-honda-wave110i-02.jpg

That's by the way for the 110cc model.

For the current 125cc model they advertise 71.4.

For my 125cc model they advertised 64. As I said, I get about 52.

That's a nearly 20% difference. I don't doubt that it's impossible to reach this number, but I'm certain that to reach this number, you have to accelerate very careful, be very considerate when breaking, and you should probably not go much above 50km/h.

Taking these numbers, with the newest Wave 125 I should get about 57km/l.

Edited by FriendlyFarang

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

you have to accelerate very careful, be very considerate when breaking, and you should probably not go much above 50km/h.

They, Honda,  run a light professional driver around a track at steady speed

until deletion..

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:
5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I have a vet friend ,drives around visiting dairy farmers ,he had a Finno for less than a year ,got rid of it used too much fuel , and not over reliable ,now back to Waves.

I have done over 100k km on Waves  ,only use  Gashole 95 ,as recommended by more than one mechanic.

I  get 50-52 km/litre ,to get 67 km/litre you would have to ride at no more than 50 km/hour and take a long time getting they ,can not see it ,as has been said maybe for the 110cc modal.