LTR Visa is Now available for Long Term Residency

6 minutes ago, K2938 said:

So "Screen 3" might mean some sort of progress.  Just strange that this shows up over the weekend and after a three-day public holiday where nobody at the BOI was presumably working

@ThailandRyan:  Do you happen to remember if your status display actually went through all the individual screens until 7?

Never saw any screen numbers until just the past few weeks as I looked at my screen to see if it ever shows completed as other peoples did.  Funny to see mine is still pre-approved and yet it was issued. I have not looked back at my other posts to see if it showed a screen # or not, but I can check....

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 10:16 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Funny that your portal shows completed. I have my visa and yet the portal shows this.

Screenshot_20221017_101510.jpg

This was the week after I obtained my Visa, so no it did not show a screen number, it must be something fairly new as it used to show BOI with a 3 or 4 digit number which turned out to be the extension of the agent completing the package.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

Or maybe Screen is just short for Screener....as in the BoI rep reviewing an application.  As in Screener 3. Screener 7, etc., and not representing status/progress of the application at all as Screener 7 or Screener 3 could be reviewing an application that just arrived today or arrived a month ago and is close to approval.  Summary: I don't know what it means...just another guess on my part.

But ThailandRyan's guess sounds very plausible to me.

Edited by Pib

On 10/29/2022 at 12:08 PM, aublumberg said:

So this morning I arrived in Bangkok for the first time after receiving my LTR-T visa sticker at the Royal Thai Consulate in Hong Kong. Used the Fast Track channel, LTR is not specifically written on the signage but Smart Visa is. This is the same channel used by Air Crew and what I normally also use with the APEC card. No material difference in queueing time as it was fairly quiet today, but can be helpful if it’s busy.

The very charming immigration officer Khun Annie had never seen a LTR visa and had to ring her colleague on the phone first to clarify but then swiftly figured out the five year entry duration. Her supervisor walked by and she double confirmed with him again. She was quite curious and asked how long it took to get the visa. Most pleasant conversation. 

4685A0E5-AF78-4368-BE32-82F1EAFCD688.jpeg

What exactly does 10 years Visa mean? For example, if you get the visa on 1 January 2023, the visa you get say "visa must be used by 1 January 2033". Then you entered Thailand on 1 January 2024 for the first time, When the 10 years starts? 2024-2034 or 2024-2023? Based on this stamp, it looks like 2024-2034. 

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Or maybe Screen is just short for Screener....as in the BoI rep reviewing an application.  As in Screener 3. Screener 7, etc., and not representing status/progress of the application at all as Screener 7 or Screener 3 could be reviewing an application that just arrived today or arrived a month ago and is close to approval.  Summary: I don't know what it means...just another guess on my part.

Unlikely, as several people who got approved have Screen 7 or 8 and many of those who are not there yet have Screen 3.  So there seems to be some sort of progression

Anybody here who now has something different than Screen 3 (if not yet approved) or Screen 7 or 8 (if approved)?

Edited by K2938

38 minutes ago, JJJJJJJJ said:

What exactly does 10 years Visa mean? For example, if you get the visa on 1 January 2023, the visa you get say "visa must be used by 1 January 2033". Then you entered Thailand on 1 January 2024 for the first time, When the 10 years starts? 2024-2034 or 2024-2023? Based on this stamp, it looks like 2024-2034. 

It is a 10 year Visa, for which you are stamped into the country first for 5 years, then after a review of the requirements to ensure you still meet them, you are stamped in again for a 5 year term. Not sure what your trying to say or ask.

• Thumbs Up 1

Based on my experience, it looks like the BOI people is very reluctant to let you pass. For example, they will ask you for more information or documents, which sometimes has been provided on your first submission or sometimes which can been tesified by other documents you have provided. For instance, I have already provided the employment letter which testify my annual income, Also I provided the tax return and receipts provided by the tax office and the bank statements with monthly salary paid, which I believe is enough for testification. However, they still ask the monthly payslips. And they will ask you those information or doucments on the 19th day or 20th day, then the clock will tick from zero. When you finished the documents, they will wait another 18 or 19 days and then ask you for documents again. Overall, I have a feeling that in nature they don't welcome all applicants, they may welcome those who really make a big investment in Thailand, such as wealth citizen.     

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is a 10 year Visa, for which you are stamped into the country first for 5 years, then after a review of the requirements to ensure you still meet them, you are stamped in again for a 5 year term. Not sure what your trying to say or ask.

I mean when you get approval, the embassy will give you the visa. Say you apply the visa on January 1 2023. The visa says from January 1 2023 to January 1 2033. But at that time you are still outside of Thailand. Then you work and live in home country for a couple of years, e.g. 6 years. Time goes to January 1 2029 when you plan to move to Thailand. When you enter the Thailand, will the office still give you 5 years stay or 4 years stay because the last day your visa is January 1 2033?  

11 minutes ago, JJJJJJJJ said:

Based on my experience, it looks like the BOI people is very reluctant to let you pass. For example, they will ask you for more information or documents, which sometimes has been provided on your first submission or sometimes which can been tesified by other documents you have provided. For instance, I have already provided the employment letter which testify my annual income, Also I provided the tax return and receipts provided by the tax office and the bank statements with monthly salary paid, which I believe is enough for testification. However, they still ask the monthly payslips. And they will ask you those information or doucments on the 19th day or 20th day, then the clock will tick from zero. When you finished the documents, they will wait another 18 or 19 days and then ask you for documents again. Overall, I have a feeling that in nature they don't welcome all applicants, they may welcome those who really make a big investment in Thailand, such as wealth citizen.

But you got approved eventually if I remember correctly?  So persistence seems to pay off?

Edited by K2938

Hopefully more people who have submitted a LTR application (or even just have a draft) might chine-in to say what their "Staff Name" column and "Status" column are showing. 

Short of BoI publishing some reference explaining what the Staff Name and Status columns entries now mean, we'll just have to do a "group Sherlock Holmes evaluation" to try to figure it out.   I may call them again late this week to check on the status of my application and at the same time ask about Staff Name and Status entries.

Anyway, since my application shows Screen 3 and Pending......and as as of early last week per call to BoI my application hasn't been looked at yet, let's assume Screen 3 really means Pending Review. 

Based on ThailandRyan's and mudcat's inputs that Screen 8 means a Status of Approved and Screen 7 means at a Status of Preapproved.   

And another Status column entry I've seen in the thread is "Qualifications Approved."  Don't know how that might be different from just "Approved."

Now if some others could chime-in regarding what their Staff Name and Status columns are showing, especially if any are showing Screen 1, 2, 4, 5, or 6 along with a brief overview of any issues with their application like the BoI asking for more Docs, that would really help to Sherlock Holmes what the new Screen number means. 

I check my application status multiple times per day to include late in the evening/early night and for me these these new Screen numbers started appearing on the morning of Sat/19 Nov which was right after the special 3 day holiday on 16-18 Nov in the Bangkok metro area.    Although the BoI announced they were closed (at least to the public) during 16-18 Nov I expect they still had a few people working like maybe IT type folks who maybe did a software upgrade late 18 Nov/early 19 Nov while everyone else was in bed....typical for software upgrades to occur during the O-dark early morning hours.

Anyway, for those of you with applications in the system, please chime-in with what your Staff Name and Status columns are reflecting with a short explanation of what you think it might mean based on how  your application is trekking thru the system.   Help the Sherlock Holmes effort.  ????

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, stuarty said:

Why is it a bad investment? I have over $100,000 in a time deposit paying about 5% a year. That is what I showed boi to get my approval. 
I don’t have to show anything again for 5 years. 

Curious, what currency is the deposit in?  The reason I ask is that USD rates for fixed deposit seem to be lower.

43 minutes ago, Pib said:

Hopefully more people who have submitted a LTR application (or even just have a draft) might chine-in to say what their "Staff Name" column and "Status" column are showing. 

Short of BoI publishing some reference explaining what the Staff Name and Status columns entries now mean, we'll just have to do a "group Sherlock Holmes evaluation" to try to figure it out.   I may call them again late this week to check on the status of my application and at the same time ask about Staff Name and Status entries.

Anyway, since my application shows Screen 3 and Pending......and as as of early last week per call to BoI my application hasn't been looked at yet, let's assume Screen 3 really means Pending Review. 

Based on ThailandRyan's and mudcat's inputs that Screen 8 means a Status of Approved and Screen 7 means at a Status of Preapproved.   

And another Status column entry I've seen in the thread is "Qualifications Approved."  Don't know how that might be different from just "Approved."

Now if some others could chime-in regarding what their Staff Name and Status columns are showing, especially if any are showing Screen 1, 2, 4, 5, or 6 along with a brief overview of any issues with their application like the BoI asking for more Docs, that would really help to Sherlock Holmes what the new Screen number means. 

I check my application status multiple times per day to include late in the evening/early night and for me these these new Screen numbers started appearing on the morning of Sat/19 Nov which was right after the special 3 day holiday on 16-18 Nov in the Bangkok metro area.    Although the BoI announced they were closed (at least to the public) during 16-18 Nov I expect they still had a few people working like maybe IT type folks who maybe did a software upgrade late 18 Nov/early 19 Nov while everyone else was in bed....typical for software upgrades to occur during the O-dark early morning hours.

Anyway, for those of you with applications in the system, please chime-in with what your Staff Name and Status columns are reflecting with a short explanation of what you think it might mean based on how  your application is trekking thru the system.   Help the Sherlock Holmes effort.  ????

Hi Pib, when I first applied on 2 Sep the Staff Name was the full name of an actual person I'd talked to a couple of times before, her initials are "M.M."  The status on 2 Sep was "Pending"

Later in Sep, the Staff Name changed to "Staff BOI1147"  The status changed at various times it was "Pending" "Processing" and "Reviewing Additional Information" and "Pending" again.

Now the Staff Name is "Screen 7" and the Status is "Complete" although I did apply for a digital work permit and that is not complete.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, stuarty said:

Why is it a bad investment? I have over $100,000 in a time deposit paying about 5% a year. That is what I showed boi to get my approval. 
I don’t have to show anything again for 5 years. 

But remember that in 5 years you most show that the your balance didn't go below 100k at any time during the preceding year. Some might get caught on that.

7 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

screen 8 on nov 18 .   

screen 1  on nov 20 .

What shows under the Status column for Screen 1?   

And did the Status for Screen 8 show Complete like mudcat's post?  

Edited by Pib

6 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

both time the status was same - Processing

If I were to venture a guess, it was probably being sent from one agent to another who was reviewing it to see if all was included and could be processed as complete but then it was sent back for more processing.  I would check and see if it does not change to request next.  Check the Notification symbol above your log-in initials and see if it does not have anything inside of it by clicking on the symbol. When I click on mine it still shows the below, but I have been issued my LTRWP Visa and already stamped into the country 6 weeks ago.

image.png.a451e0e2f87bc1ad8ac6ac405fe39772.png

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

I have tried to re-open my LTR application in order to add a dependent, but as the system still shows this:

image.png.02d66510d1fa8ea38bc9e68840defa52.png,

I can not move back into the LTR application main pages. When I open back up my processed application by hitting view it shows all of the boxes I filled, but when I try and check the boxes or add anything it will not allow that either.   Looks like I will be calling the BOI.  I am sure those who like me have their Visa already and the system shows completed can get back in and add a dependent from the main screens.  I do wonder if it is also because of the Digital work permit issue, however even though they asked me twice for my employment documents, I refused the work permit as I am retired and checked the box for WP No and not yes.......I also submitted in the Other location an uploaded word document declining the work permit and yet here is what it still indicates

image.png.f337972271f9674328c66ed59b49fbfe.png

32 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If I were to venture a guess, it was probably being sent from one agent to another who was reviewing it to see if all was included and could be processed as complete but then it was sent back for more processing.  I would check and see if it does not change to request next.  Check the Notification symbol above your log-in initials and see if it does not have anything inside of it by clicking on the symbol. When I click on mine it still shows the below, but I have been issued my LTRWP Visa and already stamped into the country 6 weeks ago.

image.png.a451e0e2f87bc1ad8ac6ac405fe39772.png

mine shows the 10 days  old notifications to submit documents

image.png.dc92f0dfff25c2c4055c7f1a179fc2cd.png

9 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

mine shows the 10 days  old notifications to submit documents

image.png.dc92f0dfff25c2c4055c7f1a179fc2cd.png

You did submit them as requested correct?  Double check your main screens and see if there are any other notes underneath the upload sections.

1 hour ago, keemapoot said:

I just submitted my application 10 days ago, and it is at screen 3, and as JJJ... postulated above, they did ask for more and different documents already. So, it does seem as though they are not really fast tracking this. 

I submitted my application in late Oct and it also shows Screen 3 along with Pending.  I know of another person who submitted in mid Oct and his also still shows Screen 3 and Pending.

Wouldn't it be something if Screen 3 means Screener 3 who has been on leave....just not at work for some reason...and the BoI is just letting applications in Screen 3's inbox just wait for Screen 3's return to work.

Edited by Pib
  • Haha 1

Based on the regulations, it looks like when the first 5 years expire, you can renew the next 5 years visa without having to meet the criteria and conditions as your first application. However, after the second 5 years visa expires, if you want to renew LTR, you need to start from scratch and should meet all the criteria and conditions as a brand new application. 

Any thoughts?  

Renew Visa.jpeg

Called BoI today to check on the status of my application submitted in late Oct...was placed on hold for approx 3 minutes for the rep to go check...when rep came back online she said it's still in the queue for first look.  Estimated given for first look after submittal was 30 "calendar" days....that equates to approximately 20 business days.  Rep said they have a lot of applications in the queue.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JJJJJJJJ said:

Based on the regulations, it looks like when the first 5 years expire, you can renew the next 5 years visa without having to meet the criteria and conditions as your first application. However, after the second 5 years visa expires, if you want to renew LTR, you need to start from scratch and should meet all the criteria and conditions as a brand new application. 

Any thoughts?  

No, I think this is incorrect.  If you get approved, you are good for 5 years.  If you then want to continue, your updated financials need to be re-evaluated.  And the same again, if this second 5 year period expires as well.

So to come back to your previous question, if I remember it correctly, if you now do not use your issued visa for 6 years, then by the time you want to use it after these six years, it is only valid following a successful re-evaluation of your financials.  And if you did not supply these documents after 5 years when they were originally due, then it could also be that you need to start all over again from point zero.

• Like 1