Moto on credit agreement in arrears.

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Thank you. I agree. The late payment fees (if that's what they are) will probably have to be paid sooner or later. It seems to be the 'Thai Way' to try to haggle. It isn't worth getting into further legal trouble which will incur additional costs.  

Well maybe it's worh asking if the bank will accept replayment of the O/S principal and other O/S charges but add no further charges.

Keep in mind that the bank staff have to follow bank regulations which probably give very little leeway on these items.

But there is perhaps a possibility if they think they will get 99% of all O/S quickly they will go for it to get the matter resolved out of their hair and incur no more bank management time or processing. (so to speak).

But there's also the possibility that the bank officer responsible will think 'they (the customer) seems to pay 99% which probably indicates the customer can pay 100%.... so we go for 100% payment. 

Depends on the weather in the bank on the day of course.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well maybe it's worh asking if the bank will accept replayment of the O/S principal and other O/S charges but add no further charges.

Keep in mind that the bank staff have to follow bank regulations which probably give very little leeway on these items.

But there is perhaps a possibility if they think they will get 99% of all O/S quickly they will go for it to get the matter resolved out of their hair and incur no more bank management time or processing. (so to speak).

But there's also the possibility that the bank officer responsible will think 'they (the customer) seems to pay 99% which probably indicates the customer can pay 100%.... so we go for 100% payment. 

Depends on the weather in the bank on the day of course.

Very helpful thank you. Yes, it all depends upon how the official is feeling upon that day. My Mrs always reminds me; "The cost will be lower if you keep out of sight". 

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2022 at 1:27 PM, The Fugitive said:

Thank you. I was getting confused between a credit sale agreement and a conditional credit sale agreement.

Trying to rationalise one country's finance agreements by introducing and relying on another country's consumer finance laws is a big mistake.  

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 1:35 PM, The Fugitive said:

It seems to be the 'Thai Way' to try to haggle. It isn't worth getting into further legal trouble which will incur additional costs.  

Haggling about legitimate finance fees after non-payment of installments is not something that is entertained by Thai finance companies/banks, neither is it "the Thai way".   

• Like 1

Your wife gave some money to this woman and now has the bike, your wife does not need any money at the moment are you sure your wife is not the guarantor? trying to getting  a straight answer can be frustrating to say the least, i hope i am very wrong  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, howerde said:

Your wife gave some money to this woman and now has the bike, your wife does not need any money at the moment are you sure your wife is not the guarantor? trying to getting  a straight answer can be frustrating to say the least, i hope i am very wrong  

Good thinking! It is possible she may have signed as guarantor, I don't know. The moto remains at our house covered with a large sheet. In any event, it all boils down to paying for something that you neither need nor want. That's what happens when you try to help somebody out.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Good thinking! It is possible she may have signed as guarantor, I don't know. The moto remains at our house covered with a large sheet. In any event, it all boils down to paying for something that you neither need nor want. That's what happens when you try to help somebody out.

I speak as someone who has been coming to Thailand for 30 years, met countless guys with Thai wives, all i can say lending money relending money and it goes on, seems almost to be a way of life, i came to conclusion to stay out a long time ago, you will have better chance of nailing jelly to the wall, than getting a straight answer in Thailand, all the best and hope it works out

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, howerde said:

I speak as someone who has been coming to Thailand for 30 years, met countless guys with Thai wives, all i can say lending money relending money and it goes on, seems almost to be a way of life, i came to conclusion to stay out a long time ago, you will have better chance of nailing jelly to the wall, than getting a straight answer in Thailand, all the best and hope it works out

Thanks for that! I agree, best to keep out of it.