KBank’s first female CEO, Kattiya Indaravijaya on equal opportunities for all genders in Thailand’s banking sector

webfact

C3840E5D-01BE-49DC-A843-D3D6039A0C3E.jpg

“When you’re in business, what you have to do is deliver performance to all the stakeholders. It’s the way that you try to deliver the best results that you can and having everyone as a team to help you and support you in delivering those results.”

Equal opportunities for all

Kattiya Indaravijaya, the CEO of Kasikorn Bank, is among a handful of female leaders in Thailand’s banking industry, where more women are holding senior management positions and sitting on boards of directors.

As she shares her views with Thai PBS World, after Thailand hosted the Global Summit of Women 2022 back in June, she discusses how the number of female leadership positions are increasing every year.

“In terms of staff, 70% of them are female, with about 47% of females at senior-management level and 44% on the board of directors,” Kattiya explains. She said she strongly believes that the proportions of male and female employees is not the issue.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/kbanks-first-female-ceo-kattiya-indaravijaya-on-equal-opportunities-for-all-genders-in-the-banking-sector/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

1 hour ago, proton said:

Will she let retirees open an account without a work permit though? I don't care who actually works there.

Banks are odd like this.  It is not the bank itself but the individual you are dealing with.  Years ago when I wanted to open an account (retirement extension) it was just a question of going from branch to branch until I was successful.  Third time lucky for me.  I just went from branch to branch (different banks) in a large shopping mall.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lujanit said:

Banks are odd like this.  It is not the bank itself but the individual you are dealing with.  Years ago when I wanted to open an account (retirement extension) it was just a question of going from branch to branch until I was successful.  Third time lucky for me.  I just went from branch to branch (different banks) in a large shopping mall.

In Thailand everyone, in whatever business or government department you can think about, make up their own rules and conditions right on the spot.

Read my topic about the withholding tax for example.

Sometimes it also works in my favour, as a few times with government I made up my own rules and conditions, which I knew were not correct and only benefited me, but they accepted them, simply because they don't know their job.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

deliver performance to all the stakeholders.

This is why I hire anyone (I mean anyone) to build my gold mines, find land mines, farm, work in the factory, swim in radioactive waste.....

Once my slave  worker asked for a raise, I said, "OK.  1 extra cent after 11-years."  I gotta make my friends rich.....this is the goal.  money, money.   gotta go, my all-gold Rolls is getting another coat of gold.