Visa Options

Hi, Im looking for options regarding a Visa, My marriage non O expires end of August and I wont be renewing,  I want to stay long term in Thailand, I dont want to get the non OA from my home country because of the Insurance costs, I havent got time to season  800,000 bhat in my bank accountfor 3 months, I would be most grateful for any suggestions.

Ed-visa, while 800k is seasoning.  Or, put the 800k in the bank, and ask nicely at Imm, and they may just extend you marriage visa (if married) while it is seasoning.   Local office did that for me one time, couple years ago, as bank deposits started too late, to show all 12 months.

IO asked I I had 400k, and told me deposit in bank, extended my visa for 2 months, and said 'cya in 2 months'.   Easy enough.

obtain a 60 day visit Thai wife extension 1,900thb this will give the 400,000thb time to season for the required 2 months, once seasoned apply for a yearly 'Married' extension another 1,900thb

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, taximan1954 said:

I havent got time to season  800,000 bhat in my bank accountfor 3 months,

It only needs to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension (rule change 3 years ago).

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you need more time to apply for the 1 year extension.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taximan1954 said:

Sorry, I havent explained my sitution clearly, I will not be renewing my marriage  visa, I want to get a retirment visa without having to leave the country, My marriage visa expires end of August

I think you have a extension of stay based upon marriage not a visa. You only need to change the reason for your extension to retirement.

As I wrote the 800k baht only has to be in the bank for 2 months not 3 months. 

If you need more time to apply for the one year extension based upon retirement you could apply the 60 day extension to visit your wife mentioned and then near the end of it apply for the extension based upon retirement.

37 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

IO asked I I had 400k, and told me deposit in bank, extended my visa for 2 months

IO gave you 60 day extension to visit wife.

You should have paid 1900baht for that extension.

Edited by DrJack54

13 minutes ago, taximan1954 said:

Thanks Joe, What is required to get the 60 day  wife  visit extension, Thanks

Your wife will need to be with you. Copy of your marriage certificate. Copies of your wife's ID card and house book registry.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, current extension stamp and TM6 card.

8 minutes ago, taximan1954 said:

That will be  a no no, Wife and I not on talking terms, I just need time to season  money in the bank, I might do a border run and get a 30 day entry  , That would give me time . 

How long have you had the 800k baht in the bank now? When is your extension due in August? 

You could try to get the 60 day extension without your wife being with you.

If you were leave the country and re-enter the country to get a 30 day visa exempt entry you would have to start all over again by applying for a new non-o visa at immigration and then the one year extension.

I  have just kept 400k in  my account which was for marriage extension, My marriage extension ends on 30th of August,  I will now be topping my bank up to 800k, I will be 11 days short of the 2 months seasoning to apply for the retirement extension

22 minutes ago, taximan1954 said:

That will be  a no no, Wife and I not on talking terms, I just need time to season  money in the bank

Suggest to wife you give her some cash and she helps you with 60 day extension. 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Suggest to wife you give her some cash and she helps you with 60 day extension. 

Agreed. 10,000 baht to the estranged wife for an hour of her time would be a good investment in simplifying matters.

Just now, BritTim said:

Agreed. 10,000 baht to the estranged wife for an hour of her time would be a good investment in simplifying matters.

Snap ...that was exact figure I had in mind.

If that failed I guess the OP could maintain the money in bank requirements for the coming year in order to obtain extension retirement in the future and for next extension coming up use agent.