Is it possible? Any company could and would do it?

Pardon, maybe be this sound as a silly question.

I heard a story - not sure if its true or not. A foreign person ( lets say his name A ) has distant relatives in Thailand who run several trading companies in Bangkok.

He want to live and work permanently in Thailand. So the relatives help him.

Their trading company state that A is their staff with more than 80K baht salary per month and of course pay salary tax too.

After several years A live in Bangkok as "their staff", he applied Thailand PR card and he got it.

The question is, any Thailand company could and would do it?

Whats the risk for me if a company could help me for a fee.

The reason is my age is still 45 years old, still have work passion and really want to migrate to Thailand as possible and open export import trading company in Thailand.

I want to buy property, run business legally as owner, because marriage currently is not in my mind and I don't want to get rip off by local partner which hold the major shareholder if I do business as foreign person.  So I'm looking all possibilities.

Thank you very much for your opinion.

Edited by MrAscii
more story telling
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrAscii said:

Whats the risk for me if a company could help me for a fee.

Apparently the person mentioned was working legally for the company for sometime with a work permit and extensions of stay based upon working for the company. And then he applied for permanent residency with their assistance.

If you were legally working for a company for at least 3 consecutive years on extensions of stay you could apply for PR.

• Like 1

Many years ago, when I was already for years in Thailand with a tourist visa (and lots of visa runs) I asked the owners of two independent Thai companies if they want to help me by officially employing me.

According to them in principle they would have liked to help me. But they both explained to me that if they hire a farang that makes life a lot more difficult for them and their company. They told me then the authorities would look a lot more at all the little details including tax payments, etc.

I can't verify if that is true, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Now I am officially employed and I actually work for a company including work permit, etc. Just looking at the amount of paper which is necessary to get my yearly visa extension gives me an idea how much trouble it is to employ a farang. 

My summary: Maybe you will find someone if you motivate them enough to do that for you. But I wouldn't count on anybody who has the attitude: sure, we can do that for you.

Because likely they have no idea how much work is involved for them.

And be aware that you have to be employed at the same company until your PR is finalized. As far as I see that is best case for 4 years. If at any time in between they don't want to do that anymore of they want more incentive then you are screwed. So better think twice. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

You want to "legally" establish and run a business while illegally pretending to be the employee of another business, paying them to falsify the work permit application? Sorry, but I cannot take the question seriously.

Note that, under some circumstances, you might be able to carry out certain export activities (but not import activities) in Thailand without a work permit, and also to get a business visa on that basis. This could definitely not be used as the basis, later, for a PR application, however.

I mean I will not open/run my own business until I get the PR card. And the point I was wondering if its possible get PR card using that trick/way.

Teaching would not be my first choice for you sorry.  But other companies may hire you to work for them but as stated they have to pay you a lot of money and you can not simply return it as you have to pay taxes on it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MrAscii said:

Pardon, maybe be this sound as a silly question.

I heard a story - not sure if its true or not. A foreign person ( lets say his name A ) has distant relatives in Thailand who run several trading companies in Bangkok.

He want to live and work permanently in Thailand. So the relatives help him.

Their trading company state that A is their staff with more than 80K baht salary per month and of course pay salary tax too.

After several years A live in Bangkok as "their staff", he applied Thailand PR card and he got it.

Silly question?  Of course, not, any company in Thailand would be more than happy to do that, guaranteed, just knock on a few companies' doors and fill yer boots.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrAscii said:

I mean I will not open/run my own business until I get the PR card. And the point I was wondering if its possible get PR card using that trick/way.

Once you get the PR you're still not a Thai citizens. You can't own land, you can't own more than 49% of a business, and you still need a work permit in order to work.

More over, working and paying tax is only the threshold for applying for PR. you still need to find the correct category under which to apply for it.

• Thanks 1