It's happening again! No room at hospitals for Covid patient - desperate husband appeals for help

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported on a story that harked back to the dark days of the pandemic when there were no beds for Covid patients. 

In their report they said it was happening all over again.

The husband of a woman aged 36 named only as "A" said that his wife had an underlying lung infection and had had Covid for four days. 

She had had difficulty breathing and he had taken her to several hospitals but all Covid wards were full and he couldn't get her admitted. 

So he turned to the community help organisation in northern Bangkok called "Sai Mai Tong Rort" run by Ekkaphop Leuangprasert who helped by contacing a local rescue organistaion.

However, they too failed to get the woman into hospital instead providing medication and an oxygen bottle to help her breathing in the meantime. 

If things got worse they would return and have her admitted as an emergency case. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

3 hours ago, vivananahuahin said:

how is it possible, the health spokeman says everything under control, i don't understand any more of am i stupid go believe the newspapers??

but all Covid wards were full and he couldn't get her admitted

yup here we go again   

as i posted before       ............... no testing is being done ......... no records are being kept..... and this is thailand  ... the rest of the world is also in denial 

the only ones doing anything are the chinese .. and you see what a mess that is 

• Like 2

This will continue to happen in Thailand. Too poor for the expensive US insurance system and too corrupt for governments to plan for a European style universal healthcare scheme.

The much derided PM Thaksin Shinawatra introduced the 30 baht health scheme but as others mentioned, doctors want money to provide a decent service.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

She had had difficulty breathing and he had taken her to several hospitals but all Covid wards were full and he couldn't get her admitted. 

The truth is infection levels are at an all time high.. but hushed up by the government who want to paint a different story.

Not saying it's a killer for the average person, but if you have underlying health issues then that might have a different outcome.

13 hours ago, 300sd said:

The private hospital crime.

Sorry no beds available for you poor Thai people. Go wait at the gov't hospital and hope you don't die first.

I think these hospitals who turn away Thai people  because they can not afford their exorbitant prices are helping to ruin this country. I don't believe they have no beds. Only no beds for the poor. It's a disgusting situation.

Keeping beds available for the rich medical tourism industry.

• Like 1

Since the government have endorsed dual pricing , some hospital are charging 10 x times the normal Thai price for basic treatment and are billing the farang patient daily . If hospital are reserving beds for farangs at the expense of Thai patients , that is shameful and bordering on crime . I would not like to stay in a basic ward because of the lack of air-con , so have always opted for a v.i.p. room which I think most foreigners would do . 

On 7/14/2022 at 5:03 PM, 300sd said:

The private hospital crime.

Sorry no beds available for you poor Thai people. Go wait at the gov't hospital and hope you don't die first.

I think these hospitals who turn away Thai people  because they can not afford their exorbitant prices are helping to ruin this country. I don't believe they have no beds. Only no beds for the poor. It's a disgusting situation.

You seemed to have made up the part that it was private hospitals turning them away. 

11 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

You seemed to have made up the part that it was private hospitals turning them away. 

If the gov't hospitals are full and the private ones are not, then why can't they go to the private ones? Let me answer that for you. It costs too much for a Thai. In other words it is the private hospital crime. They have room but poor Thais can not enter! I hope this clarifies my first post for you.

• Like 1