Man charged with raping Ohio girl, 10, who was denied abortion

CharlieH

4 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

By the way.........

There is nothing here that attributes what you say as a quote. Yes, it turns out the underlined portion is a link. But there's nothing that identifies it as such. As far as I could tell, it was nothing more than an underlined sentence, for emphasis.

And since....... as you published it........ it is not identified as someone else's words......... I'd call that plagiarism. 

In my opinion, a hidden attribution........... really isn't one!

This is literature, of a sort, not a video game. We are not pre-conditioned to scroll over all the scenery looking for hidden "jumps" and "rewards!"

Making someone discover your attribution......... is the same as not making one, at all!

I think you alone would not readily identify that as a link in this day and age, you're just being pedantic. Did he actually claim those words as his own or merely quote them?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

By the way.........

There is nothing here that attributes what you say as a quote. Yes, it turns out the underlined portion is a link. But there's nothing that identifies it as such. As far as I could tell, it was nothing more than an underlined sentence, for emphasis.

And since....... as you published it........ it is not identified as someone else's words......... I'd call that plagiarism. 

In my opinion, a hidden attribution........... really isn't one!

This is literature, of a sort, not a video game. We are not pre-conditioned to scroll over all the scenery looking for hidden "jumps" and "rewards!"

Making someone discover your attribution......... is the same as not making one, at all!

Plagiarism ???? Now you've just strayed way off topic derailing the thread with your nonsense on attributes, links and video games.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't know why you're trying to torture the difference. Calling the story fake and calling the girl a liar isn't a huge leap. Swalwell's comment that the GOP is the party of forcing little girls to bear the children of their rapists is true. This was Jordan's motive in pushing back against the story as well as the many other far right commentators who leapt to deny the story based on the flimsiest of excuses. Not one of these extremists has even come close to a mea culpa, further vindicating Swalwell's comment.

It's not "torturing" the point.

Calling the story a lie......... and calling the girl a liar......... are completely different things!

One happened, the other did not!

(Always mystifies me when someone defends the false over the true. I just dont get that.)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I think you alone would not readily identify that as a link in this day and age, you're just being pedantic. Did he actually claim those words as his own or merely quote them?

Visually, it is an underlined sentence, nothing more.

Even when I went back to see if he actually HAD attributed this as a quote when I didn't remember that he had.......... I didn't recognize it as a link. It just looked like an underlined sentence. It was only as an afterthought that I said to myself, "Hmmm, I wonder......." (And only because he had said something about it being a quote a couple of times, in later posts.)

Indeed, in a later post of my own, I described it as a "sentence you underlined, for emphasis." [paraphrased]

So no, even in this day and age, it is not "obviously" a link! Not when it lools like something normal, that ISN'T a link! (Note: The word "isn't"........ isn't a link!)

As for that other silly thing you said..........

Writing presented as your own.......... is assumed to be your own. You don't have to attribute yourself as the author. LOL But when you use someone else's exact words........ their imagination, their creativity, their knowledge, their effort............ that's when it's appropriate to give credit where credit is due (whenever that is possible, at least).

When Biden got caught plagiarizing other people's work a couple of times.......... it was only because he failed to identify other people's work as theirs. It wasn't because he failed to identify his own work as his own! 

Ozimiron---"Did he actually claim those words as his own or merely quote them?" 

It was the "sin of omission." He DIDN'T credit other people's work as theirs. In so doing, he left only one impression remaining.......... that the words were his!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The story had to originate with the girl, right? She told her mother about the rape and the story developed from there. That's what I meant by you torturing the facts ad being pedantic.

Do you condemn Jordan for claiming the story was fake and then failing to apologize?

Do I "condemn him?" Hmmm.

Did you know that in 2019, right after the unenforceable "6-week" law passed in Ohio......... there was a story published in Ohio (by CBS News) about an 11-year old girl who had been raped by a 26-year old man. A girl who "would have been" unable to get an abortion......... if the new Ohio law had been enforceable?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/443687-pregnant-11-year-old-rape-victim-in-ohio-would-be-unable-to/

So...........

Right after the abortion law gets passed in 2019.......... there's a story in Ohio about an 11-year old pregnant girl that has been raped and needs an abortion.

Right after Roe v Wade gets dismantled in 2022.......... there's a story in Ohio about a 10-year old pregnant girl that has been raped and needs an abortion. 

As it turns out, both stories are apparently true.

BUT!

If you live in a political world where stories seem to magically appear with what seems like truly amazing timing........... might you not look at these two amazingly timed........ nearly identical......... highly-emotionally-charged and extremely rare events........ with a fair bit of, shall we say, skepticism?

"Condemn him?" Not sure I'd go that far. Not when......... in this severely divided, highly charged and cynical world.......... there was a pretty good reason for him to at least be skeptical!

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This visual cue has been used in web sites since their inception.

And usually in a different color, and with enough separation from the regular text that it doesn't look like a stand-alone, declarative sentence. And I dont believe I've EVER seen them used to HIDE an attribution. The attribution is always declared, then a hyperlink is used to link to the source. It's used in addition to.......... not instead of!

Seriously, ozimoron, why don't you spent your time defending someone who is in the right. Not someone who is half a dozen ways in the wrong!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Seriously, ozimoron, why don't you spent your time defending someone who is in the right. Not someone who is half a dozen ways in the wrong!

My links are correct and right, I cannot be held responsible for your failure to recognize the obvious

• Thanks 1

And usually in a different color, and with enough separation from the regular text that it doesn't look like a stand-alone, declarative sentence. And I dont believe I've EVER seen them used to HIDE an attribution. The attribution is always declared, then a hyperlink is used to link to the source. It's used in addition to.......... not instead of!

explantion of hyperlinks deleted, this issue is off topic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Skeptical or not, decent people apologise when they are wrong, especially when they have used their elevated position of authority to make the accusation and when the accusations caused damage.

And where exactly will find that apology from bkk brian?

I mean, I said, "You post it......... you repeat it........ you own it!" And he said he was happy to own it.

So, he either needs to prove that Jordan DID say that the 10-year old girl is a liar.......... or........... as you say......... he should apologize for passing on this lie.

Come on now, no trying to have it both ways! Lol

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

I mean, I said, "You post it......... you repeat it........ you own it!" And he said he was happy to own it.

So, he either needs to prove that Jordan DID say that the 10-year old girl is a liar.......... or........... as you say......... he should apologize for passing on this lie.

Should Jordan apologize? Nobody listens to BKK Brian (well, except me maybe) but lots of people hear Jordan's rants from his bully pulpit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

I think you need to deal with the topic of this thread and stop the defection constantly. I've got zero to prove to you, my posts have been clear and accurate in every way when quoting them.

My opinions however are different and currently that is you've got nothing but off topic nonsense to post

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If Jim Jordan had known about this case in 2019 then surely that should have taught him to keep his gob shut until all known facts were revealed first, You don't even condemn him for not apologizing his rash error..........mmmm

And yet, just a few posts upthread I very clearly said he was in the wrong. But I guess you conveniently missed that.

"Condemnation" of miscellaneous people who will never in a million years see my words.......... really isn't part of my repertoire. Condemnation of questionable people HERE, though........... sure! Lol

Like when they seems to wish so badly that Two wrongs would make a right!....... lol

And yet, just a few posts upthread I very clearly said he was in the wrong. But I guess you conveniently missed that.

"Condemnation" of miscellaneous people who will never in a million years see my words.......... really isn't part of my repertoire. Condemnation of questionable people HERE, though........... sure! Lol

Like when they seems to wish so badly that Two wrongs would make a right!....... lol

You really need to give up now, below is what you said, my highlight and you also missed his non apology which is inexcusable 

51 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

"Condemn him?" Not sure I'd go that far. Not when......... in this severely divided, highly charged and cynical world.......... there was a pretty good reason for him to at least be skeptical!

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

Update not sure how credible as from NYP

Mom of 10-year-old Ohio girl who got abortion defends child’s rapist “She’s fine. Everything that they’re saying against him is a lie,” she insisted of Fuentes, who confessed during police interviews to raping the youngster at least twice, according to court records and officials.

The defensive mom, who hid her face when speaking to Telemundo in Spanish, insisted that she had not been the one to file charges against her young daughter’s abuser.

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You really need to give up now, below is what you said, my highlight and you also missed his non apology which is inexcusable 

Saying I wouldn't go so far as to "condemn"......... still leaves a helluva lot of room for believing he was in the wrong. (Man, I wish English was your native language!)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Saying I wouldn't go so far as to "condemn"......... still leaves a helluva lot of room for believing he was in the wrong. (Man, I wish English was your native language!)

The condemn bit is appropriate because of the ten year old girl aspect.

and the slurring of a medical professional who should now sue him.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Clue: The topic of the thread is the man accused of commiting the rape being arrested and charged. But you don't seem to know that.

NOTHING you've said about Jordan, Biden, Swalwell, et al., has had ANYTHING to do with the topic!

I jumped in for one reason only: Because I believe it is importont to correct lies, so others don't inadvertently learn from them.

I believe: Learning truth is worlds better!

Some, though, choose to defend lies, rather than correct them.........

Ho hum!

You should probably click on the link to the OP...................................... if you can find it ???? where it does indeed refer to Biden and others +

"Among the sceptics was congressman Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican, who had tweeted on Tuesday that the story was "another lie".

As news of the court appearance emerged on Wednesday, Mr Jordan appeared to have quietly deleted that tweet."

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Thailand for all the flaws still have majority rule. Can’t say the same for good old USA. Probably in the category of soft authoritarian. 

Strongly disagree. The majority of Thais have not supported the green uniforms running gov.  Whatever anybody thinks of them the Thaksin clan would have won every election in the last 20 years had they been free and fair.  

• Like 2

On 7/16/2022 at 3:57 PM, ozimoron said:

The condemn bit is appropriate because of the ten year old girl aspect.

and the slurring of a medical professional who should now sue him.

Attorney Kathleen DeLaney sent the “cease and desist” letter to Indiana Republican Attorney General Todd Rokita on behalf of obstetrician-gynecologist Caitlin Bernard, who performed a medical abortion on the girl.

The letter says Rokita’s statements Wednesday on Fox News “cast Dr. Bernard in a false light and allege misconduct in her profession.” DeLaney said the doctor could file a defamation claim against Rokita if he does not comply.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-health-indiana-indianapolis-2942ed35386304eed30bbe65b9514515

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1