How early can I renew my retirement extension of stay?

13 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

If you need my agent can and does do for me 90 days before date due. But as Joe has said if you are doing on your own 30 days. If you want the agents info PM me.

I also got a renewal, via an agent, over 2 months before the renewal date. I had gone to do my 90 day report on July 6th. My renewal date for ext. of stay was September 21st. So I was offered that. The renewal start date is 21st September. Plus got a multi reentry permit at the same time. A potentially very costly omission if you forget when you're leaving Thailand and intending to return.

14 hours ago, setbkk said:

If your renewal month is inconvenient, you can request a less than 365 day extension. I just did it for 300 days which coincides with when I normally go back home.  Just need to write a short note making that request in writing.

did you organise it so that your extension will expire while you are out of the country, so you will have to start again on re-entry with a fresh non imm 'O' 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, setbkk said:

If your renewal month is inconvenient, you can request a less than 365 day extension. I just did it for 300 days which coincides with when I normally go back home.  Just need to write a short note making that request in writing.

well that's a new one on me because I requested a slightly shorter extension to match my insurance and the reply was "we only issue 12 month extensions " !!

On same subject , I am aware one is advised to submit ones renewal extension a little in advance although I don't know if there is any set minimum ? 

If one submits a retirement renewal extension ( O-A)  say 1 or 2 weeks before the expiry date of the current extension ,  do the immigration put the renewal date as the date of the application or from the day after the expiry date of the current extension ?

Reason for asking is that last year tried to match my insurance policy dates with my extension and immigration wouldn't play ball let alone listen . 

This time I have my my full one year insurance starting first of the month and my extension expires last day month 2400hrs so I want my FULL one year extension to start on the first (same as insurance ) 

If Immigration put the renewal extension for the date of the application ie lets say one week before actual expiry , then your current one year extension is cut short . 

Hopefully , I will ask and they will oblige by making the renewal date the requested one , from the 1st of the month .

22 hours ago, John Drake said:

Would be nice if there was a pinned post listing all the immigration offices and how many days before expiration an extension can be applied for.

There would be little point to that list as it will always be out of date, along with the point that individual IOs may have a different time requirement. 

The safe answer is 30 days before as all offices have that, you can always ask if you need to apply a maximum of 45 days early.