Easypass / Mpass question

MJCM

We are staying with the daughter in Bangkok and every time we drive along the toll roads they are they are keeping money in the car (20 thb etc) to pay the toll.

now I thought why not get Easypass / Mpass, I transfer money to that (topup) and they can easily drive over the toll roads.

now my questions 

1- when you top up does the money expire / have a max validity just like a sim card?
2 - what do you need to apply?

TiA

edit: another question, because they have 2 cars can they get 1 device only and use it in both cars or must they get 2?

Edited by MJCM

I don't believe there is an expiry date for the funds loaded into Easy Pass. We've had it for many years and funds have never been lost to expiry.

Here's a link to EXAT's website. It should give you all the info you need to get signed up for Easy Pass:

https://www.exat.co.th/en/

Shouldn't require much more than the vehicle registration book, an ID card/passport and a few baht.

You may also want to look into signing up for M-Flow which allows one to proceed through toll facilities without having to stop: 

https://mflowthai.com/mflow

M-Flow may work with a credit or debit card, but I think it can also be linked to the Easy Pass/MPass account.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Here's a link to EXAT's website. It should give you all the info you need to get signed up for Easy Pass:

https://www.exat.co.th/en/

Thx, I have looked at that but even when selecting English most of it (the important bits) are in Thai only.

next time we drive through one of the tollgates I will have the daughter ask at the offices on the left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Thx, I have looked at that but even when selecting English most of it (the important bits) are in Thai only.

next time we drive through one of the tollgates I will have the daughter ask at the offices on the left.

Yes, when we signed up, we stopped after a toll gate and went to the office off to the left. Took about 20 minutes or so and wasn't very complicated. Registration book, ID card and a few baht. They may have taken a photo as well. Not very complicated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, we signed up at one of the offices.

Once you've got it working you can top-up online, certainly the SCB banking app has a specific EasyPass option so dead easy!

You're not supposed to use one unit for multiple vehicles but our original unit is still registered to the pickup from 2005, never any issues. 

• Like 1

easy /m pass are not specific to one car, so can be swapped around, the funds have no expiry date, easy pass can be topped up at 7/11 i don't think m pass can, all easy/m pass lanes are to the right hand side, but don't get confused with m-flow, which are the same colour blue and also on the right hand side, a camera reads the number plate, so keep out of these lanes, ( unless registered) each car must be registered with m-flow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah ^^^, just checked on the website, the vehicle reg is no longer in the profile.

It's a loooong time since we got ours, we were definitely cautioned not to move it between cars on pain of death.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Anywhere local to the Pattaya area where I could sign up?

You could try and ask Just after the tollgate on the 7 motorway in the offices on the left.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Mflow is what to sign up for, i think you can use Mpass / Easy pass with this but not the other way round.

Name on registration book must match name on ID you provide, don't think you can register someone elses vehicle but i may be wrong.