Don Muang from Pattaya

bradiston

3 minutes ago, bbko said:

Here's the place mentioned, OP if you have time, stop by and find out when the 1st minibus/van leaves in the morning. Seems better that making a few connections.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9327526,100.8979793,3a,37.8y,27.46h,89.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQqXBE9Zj3ETgSnNDmVPmPQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I already did, but thanks anyway. First trip is scheduled for 0600. I think I've settled on the first Morchit bus out of NBT at 0500, then the A1 airport bus. More comfortable and reliable than a minibus. Thanks to all responders. There is a lot of choice, and flight and date times do make a difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

I already did, but thanks anyway. First trip is scheduled for 0600. I think I've settled on the first Morchit bus out of NBT at 0500, then the A1 airport bus. More comfortable and reliable than a minibus. Thanks to all responders. There is a lot of choice, and flight and date times do make a difference.

One last note. There is an online booking system for the Morchit bus, but it reports full on all buses. So I went to the ticket office who said come on Saturday and book. Of course, why didn't I realise? ????

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

One last note. There is an online booking system for the Morchit bus, but it reports full on all buses. So I went to the ticket office who said come on Saturday and book. Of course, why didn't I realise? ????

When are you travelling?  I can see availability out to the end of the month which is not bad for them.

On 7/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, bradiston said:

Yes, I checked it out, just past a 7.  First van at 0600. But for me, minivans are really unknown variables. I was told 3 hours. An 0900 arrival would be perfect in reality, but they always somehow stretch it out, so I'll probably stick to plan A, or was it B? Whatever!

I been using this van service for years as I'm living in Pathum Thani never let me down, it's the fastest and cheapest to get me back home from Pattaya.

15 minutes ago, dayo202 said:

I been using this van service for years as I'm living in Pathum Thani never let me down, it's the fastest and cheapest to get me back home from Pattaya.

Do they spend hours driving around picking up and dropping off?

7 hours ago, bradiston said:

Quite common with some bus services, only sell tickets on the day.

Chonburi to Ekamai is the same.

25 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Quite common with some bus services, only sell tickets on the day.

Chonburi to Ekamai is the same.

Using the link provided by another responder above, and not the one promoted at the bus station (why direct people to a site that doesn't work?), I managed to book a 5am departure from NBT to Morchit with Roong Ruang.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

I think I saw the minibus in question last week driving down Sukhumvit in the Nakluea area. Thing is you're trying to go for cheap and time-specific when it's still dark outside. I don't think it's going to fly this time round.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Nope straight on the motorway alway to Din Dan.

Then a straight run on number 32 road to the airport and future park Rangsit

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bradiston said:

Using the link provided by another responder above, and not the one promoted at the bus station (why direct people to a site that doesn't work?), I managed to book a 5am departure from NBT to Morchit with Roong Ruang.

I take your point but there can be different companies passing through the bus station. The one you saw at the bus station may have been a service that stopped running, filling the calendar is quite common for that.

I went to Chonburi one day and bought a ticket for the next bus, twice as much as normal, when I queried the price told different company, Better bus but not worth the difference.

I think Roong Ruang is the same one that does the airport bus service and a bit better than the bog standard.

Hope you get the flight ok.

On 7/19/2022 at 5:38 PM, dayo202 said:

Nope straight on the motorway alway to Din Dan.

Then a straight run on number 32 road to the airport and future park Rangsit

It was some years back but I recall taking a mini-bus from Pattaya to DMG to get a flight out... left very early. Sadly the operator consolidated 2 mini-buses. into one, the other being a multiple drop off at various Bangkok Hotels....and they tried to do that first. WE got very close to the wire and there were quite a few irate people with flights... learned a few German swearwords..... Then a very dangerous ride once at high speed by some reckless kid driver, I was done with mini-buses in Thailand. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Then a very dangerous ride once at high speed by some reckless kid driver, I was done with mini-buses in Thailand. 

Where`s your sense of adventure gone jacko.....LOL

If you will be on the roads anytime after 6am, all bets are off. Bangkok traffic continues to be some of the worst. You just never know. If it were me, I would come the might before, and stay at an inexpensive place nearby. Or take the train. 

• Like 1