64-year-old British man reportedly falls into canal in Na Jomtien and drowns

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Still woefully inadequate.

Credibility of forensic evidences is very important to court judgment. However, chronic problems in Thailand’s forensic science system can negatively affect credibility of forensic evidences during court trial. It was reported that the problems and causes, that can decrease credibility of forensic evidences, are arisen from the incompetent processes related to forensic evidence management, collection and investigation. 

https://so04.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/journal_sct/article/view/194157

...don't agree. The Crime Scene gets contaminated here through negligence by the attending officers. The FSD are highly trained in their field. Their Pathologists are world standard. Court evidence is another story. The OP was about a body being found and nothing happening as a result..ok.

8 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I am 81 and still have to catch myself, when I hear that someone aged around 70 or so has died, from saying "Well, he had a good innings", since I still think of myself as being younger than that.  Realism sets in a bit when I look in the mirror!

99 is a good innings. Bradman avg.

12 hours ago, BigStar said:

You beat me to it.

But most people, having read only headlines, don't know that Fixx suffered from the serious effects of his previous unhealthy lifestyle, most notably heavy smoking. He ignored them despite obvious signs of arterial blockage and even the urging of Ken Cooper himself to come in for tests, which he finally intended to do.

We may speculate that he'd expired even younger without his running. Nonetheless, his exaggerated faith in it was simply irrational.

Such could easily be the case here.

Yes, Fixx apparently ignored chest pain and other symptoms and "pushed through".

Sad to die at 52 years old in any case.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Better off sitting on the sofa, drinking a beer, smoking a joint and posting on AN.

I gotta go with the poster who recommended the old "moderation in all things".

So a little bit of exercise followed by "sitting on the sofa, drinking a beer, smoking a joint and posting on AN" is probably not so bad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, arithai12 said:

You are right, the persons that found the body should be blamed for not checking his age first with a quick visit to his home and looking at his passport, then consult you on the correct adjective to use, then finally inform the police.

I agree.

On 7/19/2022 at 11:03 AM, rtco said:

I'm 72 and go for 2 swims (1 x one hour and 1 x half hour) every day + some strength exercises as well (pull-ups, sit-ups, press-ups etc) so I'd better watch out hadn't I

Perhaps you should, never know when the grim reaper is lurking around the corner!