UK State Pension - How does one get it paid in Thai baht into a Thai bank account ?

2 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

You can now get up to 12 months if you apply via their App, it's a new service and I did a succesfully did a trial run yesterday, the statement was delivered in about 30 mins via email.

Of course, as we both wondered, it really depends what the IO's take would be, most certainly don't like to make things straightforward.  

Thanks for that. It seems we must use the phone app for almost everything these days as opposed to the PC site.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Somebody else said he has pensions paid directly into a Wise account. Is this possible? I use Wise but I don't think the account I transfer to from my UK bank is available to 3rd parties. I move funds from my UK bank to Wise where they're held until I move them on, to a Thai or Filipino bank or wherever, as I choose.

It is very possible I have a company pension and a UK state pension paid directly into my Wise account all you need to do is provide your account number and sort code to your providers..Once deposited with Wise it is also possible to auto convert pounds to baht at a rate chosen by you.Earlier today I chose to auto n convert a sterling amount to baht at 44.2.When this figure is reached I can transfer baht direct to my Thai bank.

• Like 1

My ol' friend has a UK state and two private pensions, I sorted his paperwork out to have them all paid direct into his Thai bank...He's a happy bunny. ????

PS. But he ain't on the UK state pension fiddle......????...........????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chang50 said:

UK pension to Wise to Thai bank?

57 minutes ago, transam said:

Surely, UK pension to Thai bank must be the simplest....?  ????

Maybe the simplest but certainly much worse when you consider you have to accept the rate your Thai bank gives you on the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chang50 said:

Maybe the simplest but certainly much worse when you consider you have to accept the rate your Thai bank gives you on the day.

But for us oldies that don't have their eyes glued to a PC for the minor ups and downs of a few baht, it is a bulletproof, no charge system......????

But, if your perfect day is scanning the numbers, that's great.....  ????

scrouge..jpg.8f0ac192185d7438825f5e4a6f238b41.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chang50 said:

At the amount the £ to baht has moved over this present time it makes little different.

Roundabouts and swings.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not needed anymore, the Wise transfers are posted with a code that Kasikorn recognise as International 

But most importantly does Immigration recognise those codes as international transfers?

1 hour ago, chang50 said:

3 rates in the last few minutes. Each for GBP TT rate

KBank forex   43.65241

BBK forex       43.61750

Wise forex      44.0670

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

But for us oldies that don't have their eyes glued to a PC for the minor ups and downs of a few baht, it is a bulletproof, no charge system......????

How do you do it 'no charge' please?

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

How do you do it 'no charge' please?

A good question and frankly I have no idea all I know is everytime I get paid the amount I get is always better than any other bank rate that said that is on the day.

Thing is IPC tell you if asked that your pension is paid in and will (not may) take up to 9 days to clear.

When I first started getting my UK pension paid directly into my Thai Bangkok bank there were threads about at the time and remember it was said that because Bangkok bank has a bank in UK and DWP (IPC) use Citibank UK there is no extra transfer charges made when paid into a Bangkok bank in Thailand.

Recently from time to time the pound has not had great highs and lows so when I did a one time check on all of the 9 days it takes for the pension to be paid into my Thai bank every day the amount again was better than any Thai bank rate of the day on calculation.

The amounts were not worth bothering about anyway in my book. ????

• Like 2

I transfer from Barclays UK into my Bangkok Bank account once a year via online banking.  Cost is 22 pounds per transfer, no charge at Bangkok Bank.  Transfer is done in Sterling, with conversion to Baht using Bangkok Bank exchange rate.  Within a minute after confirming the transfer, and before disconnecting from the online banking, I receive an SMS from Bangkok Bank stating the amount credited to my account.  It's as good as instantaneous.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

I don't need to think about it, my money is in my BKK bank every fourth Thursday with no charges,

Same here but every 4-week's SMS from BBL advises me of a B100 deduction, eg., "DWP has transferred B999,900 (B1,000,000 less B100") surely you must get that deduction also?

8 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Click on accounts, next to the home icon at the foot of your screen

Click on the account that you want a statement for

Click on the three dots on the top right corner of your screen

The option to request a statement is there

Thanks, I did just work out how to do it.   Five minutes later there's six months' statements in my inbox.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Same here but every 4-week's SMS from BBL advises me of a B100 deduction, eg., "DWP has transferred B999,900 (B1,000,000 less B100") surely you must get that deduction also?

Nope....But, bank SMS does not deal with cash movements under 500bht, so not totally sure, but I am sure that when I get statements there are no 100bht withdrawals...

Edited by transam

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why doesn't my Bkk bk book show it when I update my bank book, it shows other charges. ?

• Like 1