Hotel BKK - 5K budget

PJ71

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Landmark or JW Marriott on Suk are nice.

Thanks.

Really wanted to stay at Banyon Tree to get up to Vertigo for a feed as well but 7.5K per night, trolling through the booking sites now...

Obviously your dates will affect the price but The Westin Grande Sukhumvit and the Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21 appear to fall within your budget, and have the advantage of being on both the BTS and MRT lines.

The Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit (lovely pool area) is a bit more expensive but in the same area.

Admittedly, I've always favoured Sukhumvit over Silom/Satorn, but regardless of which area you choose, it's easy enough to move between them.

Edited by brotherother
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Really wanted to stay at Banyon Tree to get up to Vertigo for a feed as well but 7.5K per night, trolling through the booking sites now...

Most of August and September it seems to be between 4200-4500 a night +17% directly with the hotel. Pretty close to what you want. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marin said:

Most of August and September it seems to be between 4200-4500 a night +17% directly with the hotel. Pretty close to what you want. 

Yeah, booked direct on their website for 11.5K for 2 nights.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Sofitel, near BTS and MRT at asoke too.

yes .... I've stayed at the Sofitel several times as it's one of the newer one's.

Also,  OP might want to try the New Carlton hotel on Sukhumvit soi 27 corner ...   avg 4,600 / night

1 hour ago, blackshadow said:

have you never heard of HOTELS.com.....agoda.com

hotel websites where on can see prices and locations......???????

plus there are more if you search....!!!!

Have you ever heard of recent first hand experience being better than pictures on websites of when hotels first opened?

There's always one.......never mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Have you ever heard of recent first hand experience being better than pictures on websites of when hotels first opened?

There's always one.......never mind.

OP, if you are interested in the Banyan Tree hotel, I suggest for you to go on "hungry hub". They seem to do a lot of packages for stays including free food credit, free spa or afternoon tea set for 2 people. Maybe there is a package that would suit you.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:01 AM, PJ71 said:

Yeah, booked direct on their website for 11.5K for 2 nights.

I would definitely think about upgrading to a "Club Room".

You used to get free booze (beer) all day, canapes, snacks and cocktails at lunch/evening.

I was in there recently (a month or so ago) and the lounge was not open...the "club benefits" were available in the lobby.

Worth thinking about if the Club Lounge is now open.

EDIT - To be honest the rooftop is too busy, expensive and not worth the money. I remember ordering a bottle of red for about £200 and it arrived practically straight out of the freezer! Got them to take it back and warm it up. Ended up tasting like Gluhwein!

The bar one floor down is much better.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

So stayed friday and saturday night.

Sky garden on 52nd floor very nice, amazing views.

Rain stopped play on the roof top ( Vertigo ) which was a pity so ate in Safrom restaraunt instead, food was very good but service was not, about 20-30 minutes between courses!!

Room was ok but with carpets, which i'm not a fan on on SE asian countries, furniture and fittings showinng signs of age.

It's advertised as 5 star but i'd say not, like many of the 'acclaimed' 5 star places in Thailand the service is just not up to scratch.

I'd nont stay here again but would still like to eat at Vertigo at some point.