Married extension appointment

July 15th was the expiry of my Non-O retirement extension [which I've held for 13 years]

July 11th I visited nakhon pathom immigration office to apply for a transition to a marriage Non-O based on savings.

I did all the paperwork necessary and was given a 30 day ext'n based on under consideration. [expires Aug 11th]

Immigration officers did a home visit on July 19th in which I presume everything was okay as nothing negative was said.

As per instructions from the Initial nakhon pathom officer after the home visit I should wait and phone the office on the expiry date of the 30 day ext'n August 11th and quoting a ref number ask if it's okay to report and get the annual stamp.

Should I presume all is okay and if yes is the new annual date from August or backdated to July expiry of my retirement visa?

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Should I presume all is okay and if yes is the new annual date from August or backdated to July expiry of my retirement visa?

Since you changed from based on retirement to based on marriage your 12 month extension will start from day of application.

July 11.

Your application has been approved.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Your new extension will start from the day you applied for the extension of stay. They do it that way when you change the reason for your extension of stay. Normally it would start from the day your current extension ends not the report back date on the under consideration stamp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Since you changed from based on retirement to based on marriage your 12 month extension will start from day of application.

July 11.

Your application has been approved.

So I should presume everything is approved as the home visit was not negative in any way?

Just to clarify...

as I have to wait until Aug 11th [end of the 30 day consideration stamp] to contact the office to ask the same question?

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

So I should presume everything is approved as the home visit was not negative in any way?

Just to clarify...

as I have to wait until Aug 11th [end of the 30 day consideration stamp] to contact the office to ask the same question?

You need attend immigration for final stamp. 

In reality it's already approved.

• Thanks 1