How to buy SIM Card? Which network is good value for the Internet?

23 minutes ago, FrederikKitten said:

After some research I found this one, unlimited internet for 1 year for 1800 Bath. Can somebody beat this offer, in terms of unlimited internet for a year?

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i2010414206-s6473076195.html?spm=a2o4m.cart.0.0.20b86108uVEQNK&urlFlag=true

I prefer AIS so I'll probably go with this one.

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i2514846318-s8922180176.html?spm=a2o4m.cart.0.0.270c6108cpfPEh&urlFlag=true

33 minutes ago, Will27 said:

They asked about unlimited...

No idea why since they already asked me on another thread, so knew before posting that their choice is the most expensive of all of the choices. 

1 hour ago, FrederikKitten said:

After some research I found this one, unlimited internet for 1 year for 1800 Bath. Can somebody beat this offer, in terms of unlimited internet for a year?

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i2010414206-s6473076195.html?spm=a2o4m.cart.0.0.20b86108uVEQNK&urlFlag=true

Nearly all of them offer "unlimited" but after X amount the speed drops to a snails pace !

AIS off a yearly deal of 100gb per month at good speed for most uses but of course is dependent on location. Yearly deal around 1500 bt

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Nearly all of them offer "unlimited" but after X amount the speed drops to a snails pace !

AIS off a yearly deal of 100gb per month at good speed for most uses but of course is dependent on location. Yearly deal around 1500 bt

Nope, that is simply not true.

All of them have offers similar to the AIS Marathon SIM, where you you get a fixed volume at the maximum speed available to you and then the speed drops off 'to a snail's pace'. But they are not sold as Unlimited.

Unlimited fixed speed offers do not throttle the volume.

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

No idea why since they already asked me on another thread, so knew before posting that their choice is the most expensive of all of the choices. 

Actually it was this thread. So they know DTAC offers Unlimited data for 1400 baht or less.

But of course, price is not everything. You need to know what speeds are available to you before committing to a 12 month SIM. Especially if you are hoping to obtain anything near the advertised bandwidth.

unlimited volume at what speed? at around 1500 a year it'll be limited in speed, anything between 4-10-15mbps, usable but can be infuriating if you're used to 'unlimited' all available speed

these sim used to be available at from stalls and online sellers only and not at official true/ais/dtac shops as they cam bundled with a phone, where the shops would separate the package and sell the phones and sim cards with these special data plan separately, but since becoming popular the official channel are starting to offer it as well but many are starting to come with volume cap too go over 100-150gb and they throttle you down to snails pace, tempting you to buy the upgrade for the rest of the month.

So if you're really after these kind of sim with unlimited data plan for a year, the mom and pops stalls/lazada/shopee resellers might have a better deal or more selection of these kind of sim than the official shops

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, digbeth said:

unlimited volume at what speed? at around 1500 a year it'll be limited in speed, anything between 4-10-15mbps, usable but can be infuriating if you're used to 'unlimited' all available speed

these sim used to be available at from stalls and online sellers only and not at official true/ais/dtac shops as they cam bundled with a phone, where the shops would separate the package and sell the phones and sim cards with these special data plan separately, but since becoming popular the official channel are starting to offer it as well but many are starting to come with volume cap too go over 100-150gb and they throttle you down to snails pace, tempting you to buy the upgrade for the rest of the month.

So if you're really after these kind of sim with unlimited data plan for a year, the mom and pops stalls/lazada/shopee resellers might have a better deal or more selection of these kind of sim than the official shops

They have up to 30 Mbps Unlimited... more than good enough for most.

Independents will always have access to better deals than the official channels. 

3 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Is this one a decent deal do think Bruno?

Last one I had was 8Mbps for12 months and it was quite good for my needs.

9 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

It's very good for AIS; not so good for when it comes to value for money.

You can get the same and better from them for 200 baht for 30 days. Unlimited 15 Mbps with any new AIS SIM.

Is what i use  AIS 200 bt a month unlimited wifi...i stream music all day and use hotspot to stream movies on my chromecast......good deal

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Is this one a decent deal do think Bruno?

Last one I had was 8Mbps for12 months and it was quite good for my needs.

It's fine if you are sure that you won't use more than 3 GB per day. But have you bothered to call them to see what they will offer? Asking for you MNP code often moves them in to action. Unlimited 8 Mbps is available for 150 baht per 30 days.

6 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

It's fine if you are sure that you won't use more than 3 GB per day. But have you bothered to call them to see what they will offer? Asking for you MNP code often moves them in to action. Unlimited 8 Mbps is available for 150 baht per 30 days.

Thanks again Bruno.

I received a message yesterday from AIS saying my current SIM was finishing this week and to contact them to renew. I phoned them and asked about something similiar.

The rep didn't quite understand what I wanted so I'm going to call back today.

On 7/24/2022 at 9:24 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

But will you? Or are you so innately superior that you have nothing to learn?

the latter sadly

One of these days these so called "experts" will post the short codes to all these outstanding deals over unlimited at high speed for 200 baht or less for AIS TRUE and Dtac

Instead they'll post spurious links to 3rd party websites which are utterly useless for 95% here

I'll try again (not aimed at you hammer)

Truemove existing Sim probably of 10 years

Give me a short code of an unlimited internet (throttled is fine) for lets say 300 baht a month (we'll be generous)

Dont send links to anything else please pure short codes on True

Not a years deal !!!  Month by month !

Edited by Chivas

9 minutes ago, pomchop said:

i always just go to dtac store buy there and let them put it in...never had a problem

So your advice is going to a shop and letting them put a SIM in?

Does that answer as to what might be good value for the OP?

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

the latter sadly

One of these days these so called "experts" will post the short codes to all these outstanding deals over unlimited at high speed for 200 baht or less for AIS TRUE and Dtac

Instead they'll post spurious links to 3rd party websites which are utterly useless for 95% here

Give me a short code of an unlimited internet (throttled is fine) for lets say 300 baht a month (we'll be generous)

Are you actually expecting help after insulting one member (scubascuba) and then going on to attack "so called experts"?

Then insisting that you are sent nothing else other than what you demand ????

A suitable code was posted a while back. Though I cannot imagine anyone taking the time to find it for you, after your rather unpleasant post.

I am also looking to buy a year internet sim card, someone mentioned, maybe on another thread, a AIS marathon card with 15 mbps for around 1590 on Lazada. 

I looked at a few of these on Lazada but when I translated the Thai text in the description some said activate by 1/1/22 or 1/6/22, all dates in the past.

Anyone bought one with a futue date on please and where, link if possible to lazada or Shopee.

TIA

4 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I am also looking to buy a year internet sim card, someone mentioned, maybe on another thread, a AIS marathon card with 15 mbps for around 1590 on Lazada. 

I looked at a few of these on Lazada but when I translated the Thai text in the description some said activate by 1/1/22 or 1/6/22, all dates in the past.

Anyone bought one with a futue date on please and where, link if possible to lazada or Shopee.

TIA

probably just the advert hasn't been updated, look at more recent reviews, if concerned message seller 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

TIA

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-net-marathon-100gb-15-mbps-ais-12-i915438208.html

Only 100 GB per month.

3 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Isn't that a lot?  I pay for wi fi in my home which gave me 5GB for my phone to use if I was away from home, on the beach etc and I only exceeded it a couple of times. I don't watch movies or stream or download anything on my phone.

I've upgraded my home internet to fibre 500 Mbps from 200 Mbps but that package doesn't come with internet for my phone. Hence the need for an annual sim, only to look Line, a bit of FB etc

11 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Isn't that a lot?  I pay for wi fi in my home which gave me 5GB for my phone to use if I was away from home, on the beach etc and I only exceeded it a couple of times. I don't watch movies or stream or download anything on my phone.

I've upgraded my home internet to fibre 500 Mbps from 200 Mbps but that package doesn't come with internet for my phone. Hence the need for an annual sim, only to look Line, a bit of FB etc

3 GB per day. Only you will know if it's enough or not. The other networks have unlimited for less. Also with unlimited any network calls if necessary. Depends on what product suits you best

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

3 GB per day. Only you will know if it's enough or not. The other networks have unlimited for less. Also with unlimited any network calls if necessary. Depends on what product suits you best

Can you point me in the direction of unlimited sim please? I'm not bothered what network.

40 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Isn't that a lot? 

That's for 1 year.

Reviewers say its really slow.

True has very good packages.

Just look at their promotions on there website. They change often.

You can always add extra Gigabytes for cheap if you find that on a certain month you use more than often or use your phone as a Hotspot.  Lots of areas with 5G.

Screenshot_20220801-175613_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

Thanks Bruno

Very rarely make old fashioned calls, usually use Line or Messenger so I probably won't use that facility at all.

I live in Hua Hin, used AIS and True for internet whilst on the move but not DTAC so not sure of coverage here but that looks the best value.

3 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Thanks Bruno

Very rarely make old fashioned calls, usually use Line or Messenger so I probably won't use that facility at all.

I live in Hua Hin, used AIS and True for internet whilst on the move but not DTAC so not sure of coverage here but that looks the best value.

As you mentioned earlier, if you were surviving on 5 GB previously, chances are you'd be okay with 100 GB. 

It's possibly down to offers you the best coverage.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 2:31 AM, HauptmannUK said:

Its certainly too good to be true if you can't get a decent signal.  In my case I was finding with AIS that I was get fluctuating signal levels that meant frequent drop-outs - no good when streaming movies etc.

You need to experiment with the different providers.

You mean to get a SIM from all providers, put some Data on each one and see which is best?

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You mean to get a SIM from all providers, put some Data on each one and see which is best?

In my case, the problem was solved by locking on to a particular band. If the device chooses the 'wrong' band, the dropouts, as described, can occur.

• Confused 1

On 7/31/2022 at 4:58 AM, Chivas said:

the latter sadly

Currently available for Truemove H SIM activated at least a year ago:

Unlimited 4 Mbps 150 baht per month

Unlimited 4 Mbps + free calls to all networks, 165 baht per month

Unlimited 10 Mbps 200 per month

Unlimited 10 Mbps + free calls to all networks, 220 baht per month

Codes can be found if you look around or you can communicate with a suitable vendor.