EPL prediction comp 2022-23. Who's in?

Jockstar

Good evening guys. As you know we have lost a well respected member of our football forum. Wilai. Very sad day for us all when we learnt of his passing. But I'm sure that he will be looking on down on us all and laughing at our <deleted> predictions in the coming weeks. So Wilai we salute you and will miss you. RIP mate. 

But as the old saying goes. The show must go on.

Little bit of background of the comp. The comp was started by Chonabot way way back. Around 2005 i think!

Then he stepped down and I took over around 2007. I continued the comp for many many years. When i no longer had the same time. Mrbojangles took it on. He also ran it for years. But again he found himself with limited time. It was then that Wilai was kind enough to step in and take over. You may not realise how much of your time it can take up. Chasing preds, updating table etc. Anyway. I still don't have the time. But mrbojangles has offered to take it on again.

So, the question is. Who's in this year? 

Mrbojangles

Jockstar

• Like 1

Good evening guys. As you know we have lost a well respected member of our football forum. Wilai. Very sad day for us all when we learnt of his passing. But I'm sure that he will be looking on down on us all and laughing at our <deleted> predictions in the coming weeks. So Wilai we salute you and will miss you. RIP mate. 

But as the old saying goes. The show must go on.

Little bit of background of the comp. The comp was started by Chonabot way way back. Around 2005 i think!

Then he stepped down and I took over around 2007. I continued the comp for many many years. When i no longer had the same time. Mrbojangles took it on. He also ran it for years. But again he found himself with limited time. It was then that Wilai was kind enough to step in and take over. You may not realise how much of your time it can take up. Chasing preds, updating table etc. Anyway. I still don't have the time. But mrbojangles has offered to take it on again.

So, the question is. Who's in this year? 

Mrbojangles

Jockstar

hotandsticky

RedArmy

44 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Hopefully in due course, someone can advise those of us who ain't got a scooby doo how this actually works - Do we predict the scores of matches or pick players ect ect ???

There is a sticky at the top of the forum explaining it....basically you just predict each week's scores.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

There is a sticky at the top of the forum explaining it....basically you just predict each week's scores.

Oh ok, many thanks - I'll have a butchers later, cheers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Cowardice!

Firing squad for you kiddo....some cute vixen keeping you busy is it?

Ronaldiño!! Maybe I'm a little weary of the weekly duty...or predicting a Man United victory and supporting United for two hours!!!!

The other news is maybe I'll return to LOS after more than three years away.????

• Like 1

Mrbojangles

Jockstar

hotandsticky

RedArmy

MrMuddle

RonPickering22

Oldgit

BangrakBob

I'm going to sit it out this year JS. I'll do the admin/scores etc but all that takes up way enough time for me.

Additionally. Just an idea and can have a vote if you like but sometimes people are unable or forget to submit predictions. Losing a week or 2 scores can cause a lack of interest in continuing to participate in the game as the gap is too wide to make up. For non predictions I am happy to default submissions to predictions of 0-1 (away wins). Is everyone happy with that or should I put it to a vote? There could even be a maximum of doing it only 2 times per player if preferred  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Any of the following from last year want in? @Jip99 @owl sees all @balo @clarty boots @mouserless @keithsimmonds @champers @Thaiwrath @Mic 

Are you sure you want to give it a miss @jellydog ? Could always do 0-1 away wins or 1-0 home wins if you struggle for time

I will stay in and continue my annual challenge for the wooden spoon.

Many thanks Mr BoJ for taking on the admin.

Good luck to everyone.

Edited by champers
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Any of the following from last year want in? @Jip99 @owl sees all @balo @clarty boots @mouserless @keithsimmonds @champers @Thaiwrath @Mic 

Are you sure you want to give it a miss @jellydog ? Could always do 0-1 away wins or 1-0 home wins if you struggle for time

Nah MrB. I'm going to skip it and see if I miss it or like missing it.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 3:58 AM, mrbojangles said:

Yes,I'm in

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 8:41 AM, mrbojangles said:

Mrbojangles

Jockstar

hotandsticky

RedArmy

MrMuddle

RonPickering22

Oldgit

BangrakBob

I'm going to sit it out this year JS. I'll do the admin/scores etc but all that takes up way enough time for me.

Additionally. Just an idea and can have a vote if you like but sometimes people are unable or forget to submit predictions. Losing a week or 2 scores can cause a lack of interest in continuing to participate in the game as the gap is too wide to make up. For non predictions I am happy to default submissions to predictions of 0-1 (away wins). Is everyone happy with that or should I put it to a vote? There could even be a maximum of doing it only 2 times per player if preferred  

Just a suggestion to make it easier for you...just give half of the score of the person or persons who come last every week for those who fail to submit there predictions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Just a suggestion to make it easier for you...just give half of the score of the person or persons who come last every week for those who fail to submit there predictions.

I'm easy either way. It's just I noticed when I used to run it if people forgot to or couldn't predict, they started to lose interest due to the gap.

Are you in this year?

On 7/26/2022 at 8:58 AM, mrbojangles said:

Aye, count me in. ????

• Like 1