Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

11 hours ago, Loiner said:

You’d have to ask them individually. Some may possibly understand that to be a slur. The general menticide these days would have it so, but I always take it as a badge of honour, especially when coming from a Remainer on these threads. 

Transam, Given that you 'like' this post, I assume that you have no problem with being called a xenophobe either?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

????

So a 75 minute delay on Friday caused seven hour wait on both Friday and Saturday is your contention. Nothing to do with the necessary increased checking caused by Brexit? 

Can you no understand what I wrote ?

I wrote this a few minutes ago

"I am not "pretending" that Brexit has nothing to do with an increase in transaction and processing times , yes the checks take longer , I have never suggested otherwise ."

Can you understand the meaning ?

Read it again, slowly 

31 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, you accused me of "making things up"

You made the above  up .

I am not "pretending" that Brexit has nothing to do with an increase in transaction and processing times , yes the checks take longer , I have never suggested otherwise .

My point is there should be enough French staff to deal with the transactions and the delays were caused by a lack of French immigration officers  .

If longer immigration checks are needed, then more immigration staff are needed

You accused me of making up that there are increased transaction times and then immediately agree that there are increased transaction times? ????

Then you state that there should be enough French staff for it. Enough staff to deal with the problems that you caused by voting for Brexit?

Now you are blaming them for Saturday's delays even though they were there and in enough number.

It seems that you are unable to accept responsibility for anything. Could it just be that Brexit has a hand in it? ????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Can you no understand what I wrote ?

I wrote this a few minutes ago

"I am not "pretending" that Brexit has nothing to do with an increase in transaction and processing times , yes the checks take longer , I have never suggested otherwise ."

Can you understand the meaning ?

Read it again, slowly 

Yes, I understand. You are finally agreeing that Brexit is responsible for the delays, exacerbated by the fact that they were temporarily short staffed on Friday morning.

Clear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You accused me of making up that there are increased transaction times and then immediately agree that there are increased transaction times? ????

No . I didn't accuse you of making things up about increased transactions times , what I said was............................look this is getting way to much hard work for me for a Sunday morning "I said" , "You said" " I didnt say" "What I meant was" "This is what I said" blah blah blah .

Its on the level with a Pattaya bar girl talk 

So, I'm bailing  out of the discussion 

7 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

A perfectly reasonable assertion.

Now, who is supposed to pay for all these extra people?

After all, it wasnt The French who voted themselves out of the EU, throwing aside the time-saving border efficiencies that come with EU membership. So why should the French have to pay?

Because the French are required to pay for their own immigration officers . 

On 7/29/2022 at 5:59 PM, chalawaan said:

We don't hate the English, we just don't want to be run by Westminster any more than you want to be run by Brussels old chap! 

Quite, when JRM pontificated on being a vassal state, he should have looked a lot closer to home.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Nasty. Are you suggesting that the natives weren't doing exactly the same thing? Offering discounts for cash.

Natives can do what they like in their country, we didn't need boat loads of eastern Europeans in the UK doing the same thing doing UK blokes out of a job whether cash in hand or not....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Natives can do what they like in their country, we didn't need boat loads of eastern Europeans in the UK doing the same thing doing UK blokes out of a job whether cash in hand or not....

There’s a reason why some Brits weren’t working during the time the UK was in the EU.

It’s the same reason why they are still not working now the UK is out of the EU.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, RayC said:

Xenophobia can be fun. Must admit that I've never looked at it from that angle ..... Nope, still don't get it.

Really, you should give it more thought, I mean, I am married to an Asian lady, we live in Asia.....????

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RayC said:

Better that than the xenophobic drivel you embrace.

9 minutes ago, RayC said:

Xenophobia can be fun. Must admit that I've never looked at it from that angle ..... Nope, still don't get it.

Do you hand these diagnoses to everyone? I was hoping to get a blue parking badge with my phobia. 

Not all disabilities are visible. 

• Like 1