Suggested Covid Meds?

ricklev

Under the assumption that I'm going to contract Covid eventually I'm putting together a kit of common medications for symptoms, not including antivirals. Here is what I have so far which is what is commonly provided at hospitals, I think.. Any other suggestions?  I know there are some herbal remedies even sold at 7-Eleven. Anybody know about that?  Thanks! 

1. Difflam throat spray.

2. Kamillosam throat spray. 

3.  Fluimucil for mucus 

4. Telfast antihistamine 

5.  Paracetamol

6.  ??? 

Edited by ricklev

Maybe some of the proven vitamins, C, D, Zinc etc. Also one of those saline nose flushing bottles, flush out nose and throat once a day. 

There are a couple of Thai herbal remedies that work, but they really just provide a very mild fever reduction, that the paracetamol is doing anyway. My Thai wife set up a small pharmacy when I got it, but most of the stuff she had was not covid or virus medicine, it was antibiotics etc. (lots of arguments about wrong medicines)

The best thing I found was a bell, that I could ring, and get sympathy, chocolate and chicken soup on demand.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe some of the proven vitamins, C, D, Zinc etc. Also one of those saline nose flushing bottles, flush out nose and throat once a day. 

There are a couple of Thai herbal remedies that work, but they really just provide a very mild fever reduction, that the paracetamol is doing anyway. My Thai wife set up a small pharmacy when I got it, but most of the stuff she had was not covid or virus medicine, it was antibiotics etc. (lots of arguments about wrong medicines)

The best thing I found was a bell, that I could ring, and get sympathy, chocolate and chicken soup on demand.

Good idea on the vitamins and Zinc!  Thanks. 

If you haven't gotten it yet, then you must be doing something right.  And new strains are apparently very mild, and you'll be lucky to realize you even have it, or any symptoms worse than common flu or cold.

I wouldn't bother myself, and simply wait & see, and treat the symptoms, if any, that you develop.  All you plan on carrying around with yourself is readily available OTC.

NAC - in pharmacies imported from germany or Lazada as food supplement (Kirkland brand, from the  uSA).

Cepacol Original is not available anymore, but you can get cetylpyridinium chloride from an online cosmetic wholesaler and make own spray, mouthwash. You can add to kamillosam, because of bitter taste. Japanese imported mouthwash is expensive in comparison.

Ivermectin was offered to me at piyavate hospital in February. I have declined because I had my own and their prices are 10x inflated to pharmacy price.

Calcium 600mg with vit D - lazada boxes 500 pils.

Selenium supplement, also brasil nuts.

Aspirin 80mg or get 320mg and divide pills.

You can read about disulfiram, budesonide spray, colchicine, finasteride, dutasteride. Possibly niclosamide, metformin.

At the beginning of pandemic I have also bought folic acid 10mg and take regularly, from box 1000 still left some.

Edited by onthedarkside
unsubstantiated claim removed
  • Thanks 1

Redoxan (effervescant tablets of Vit C plus zinc).

Plenty of paracetemol.

Plenty of tissues.

And I would suggest a nasal spray containing oxymeyazoline as the current variants often cause stuffy or runny nose.

Speaking from direct experience as I am currently recovering from COVID in the US. Contracted courtesy of jam packed Heathrow  airport and British airways. (How appropriate that current strains are called BA x!)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all. Coincidentally, maybe, I went to the drugstore today and purchased the medications that were in this picture that a friend of mine took when they went to the hospital with covid.  I also got zinc, echinacea and vitamin C. 

Then I got home and noticed I had a fever and felt lousy. Yep, I tested positive. Not too bad yet. Hopefully, the booster I got two weeks ago will have some effect. 

Screenshot_20220724-174730_Facebook.jpg

Edited by ricklev

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Redoxan (effervescant tablets of Vit C plus zinc).

Plenty of paracetemol.

Plenty of tissues.

And I would suggest a nasal spray containing oxymeyazoline as the current variants often cause stuffy or runny nose.

Speaking from direct experience as I am currently recovering from COVID in the US. Contracted courtesy of jam packed Heathrow  airport and British airways. (How appropriate that current strains are called BA x!)

Another reason to avoid LHR - Get well soon

• Like 1

I took paracetamol for the headache. Had chills and felt weak. Only had a fever for a couple of hours.... nothing serious.

No running nose and the cough and mucus never materialised which was strange as my greenlab order came just before testing positive and I continued to smoke it throughout.