Do people realize that Thailand is only one 5 countries in the world where the weed market is wide open?

12 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I don't need Web search to inform  me about dope- the idea is hysterical. Yes I grant  you there is a high and low range but I am more concerned  with quality  and characteristics. I wonder if the high range is just genetically  modified hybrids- I would be interested  to know what the range is in naturally  occurring plants. In my  experience the strongest and best quality we had was Nepalese finger sticks and balls, Moroccan Sputnik, Durban Poison, Malawi, Thai sticks and Jamaican  red beard.

In my youth I rubbed my on own hash in India in Manali to create charas then moved to kashmir  for the season then over the border to Afghanistan  from Peshawar in Pakistan.  Good luck with your Google research...

I don't touch the stuff myself 

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is the legal weed that contains less than 0.2 % THC .

Generally any weed that contains less than 10 % THC is considered to be low level weak stuff 

Considered by whom? Since did we start  measuring THC levels in our dope? And how does THC level equate to the quality of the experience.

NEVER IN 52 years of dope smoking have I heard people talking about THC levels. Is it an American  thing?

Is it to do with the new  genetically  modified strains going around?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Buzz factor while still smoking:

good ... before finishing 1 gr doobie

better ... before finishing half 1 gr doobie 

best ... before finishing half of 1/2 gr doobie

or 1 dab....and feel like a virgin again.

22 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I don't need Web search to inform  me about dope- the idea is hysterical. Yes I grant  you there is a high and low range but I am more concerned  with quality  and characteristics. I wonder if the high range is just genetically  modified hybrids- I would be interested  to know what the range is in naturally  occurring plants. In my  experience the strongest and best quality we had was Nepalese finger sticks and balls, Moroccan Sputnik, Durban Poison, Malawi, Thai sticks and Jamaican  red beard.

In my youth I rubbed my on own hash in India in Manali to create charas then moved to kashmir  for the season then over the border to Afghanistan  from Peshawar in Pakistan.  Good luck with your Google research...

one of my dabs make all those obsolete.

59 minutes ago, stoner said:

one of my dabs make all those obsolete.

I prefer not to be that stoned.  Did that as a youngin' with PCP

I smoke .5 - 1 gr, and I'm quite happy with that buzz.

How many grams used to make a 'dab'.... also prefer not to have a Richard Pryor experience ... butane & heat ... hmm

For those scratching your head:

https://adelanterecovery.com/blog/4-dangerous-side-effects-of-smoking-dabs/

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, Denim said:

...Imagine discovering an unspoilt beach....no tourists and cheap bungalows. If you go online and brag about your discovery , tell the net where it is and post pictures of it , and then a few years later it is no longer as you found it ?  Are you not in some way responsible for the negative change ?

Yeah, like the old Lonely Planet Thai guidebooks telling about little-known islands, Khao San road and other little-known gems at the time.  A buddy of mine wrote several of the earlier editions.  A few years later those places were mobbed.  Thanks a lot.

I would think a term like "wide open weed market" would mean no curtailing on the cultivation or sale, as if you were selling carrots or Matchbox cars.

The US states where it is legal have piles of restrictions, some more than others. 

image.png.4cc259548f362dfb3a807cdc77a88a28.png

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes I can see your 'dabs' help  you to perform as a high  functioning adult-though some might consider your  statements to  be propaganda for an anti drugs campaign.

wait. are you implying that i am some kind of stoner who sits in my moms basement. i dont have a job or any achievements in life etc ? that i just sit around and get high all day every day. that part is true but i also do stuff.

could you be any more of a cliche ? good grief. 

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I prefer not to be that stoned.  Did that as a youngin' with PCP

I smoke .5 - 1 gr, and I'm quite happy with that buzz.

How many grams used to make a 'dab'.... also prefer not to have a Richard Pryor experience ... butane & heat ... hmm

For those scratching your head:

https://adelanterecovery.com/blog/4-dangerous-side-effects-of-smoking-dabs/

1 - the addiction thing and weed. its been flogged to death.

2 - explosions. a very real concern. making bho is very dangerous and unless done under the proper conditions can cause serious issues. canadian govt has banned using hydro carbons for personal extract. 

3 - stronger high....kind of the point. the adverse reactions can happen to anyone depending on loads of various factors when consuming cannabis in many different forms. what about edibles ? they are much stronger as well. a totally different chemical reaction too. 

4 respiratory illness - only if the dabs are improperly made (which is often the case). dab smoke (when made and used properly) is much cleaner and safer for the body. with dabs you are not smoking the dead organic material (bud) you are simply smoking the trichomes. this is also dependent on how the dabs are made. if done wrong a whole list of issues and impurities can remain in the oil. 

how many grams used  to make a dab ? 

depends on how good the weed is. generally decent mids will bring around 17 to 20 percent return. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Denim said:

It's worth noting that the reaction to the now fluid situation has taken the authorities completely by surprise and the juvenile flood of comments on social media will only hasten the tightening up the current unclear situation. 

If smokers had just done their thing without talking about it so much it would have worked in their favor. But talk attracts attention , and not all of it friendly.

You do realize that by posting this sort of comment you appear to be ignoring your own advice?

There's a word for that.

And feel free to follow up with the tens of thousands of Thais posting on social media about cannabis.

Oh, and get to work hectoring those Nine Million Thais who registered to grow Cannabis on the Plookganja app/site.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Denim said:

As a former heavy smoker my advice to smokers is buy buy buy  while you can.

Thai goal posts are never set in cement which is why they have succeeded in avoiding a lot of flack from international opinion over the centuries.

Things will not long remain as they are now.  Traditionally they like to hang back rather than take the lead. 

If they once perceive that they are leading the pack and out on a limb, no longer following the pack but leading it , then they will forget all talk of hubs and seek a nut and bolt situation..

Things are going to tighten up so make hay while the sun shines. Get a stash in.

It's worth noting that the reaction to the now fluid situation has taken the authorities completely by surprise and the juvenile flood of comments on social media will only hasten the tightening up the current unclear situation. 

If smokers had just done their thing without talking about it so much it would have worked in their favor. But talk attracts attention , and not all of it friendly.

Imagine discovering an unspoilt beach....no tourists and cheap bungalows. If you go online and brag about your discovery , tell the net where it is and post pictures of it , and then a few years later it is no longer as you found it ?  Are you not in some way responsible for the negative change ?

I know, I'll go into the pot smokers section, and sow a bit of paranoia! That will mess with their heads.
Troll on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

You do realize that by posting this sort of comment you appear to be ignoring your own advice?

Except it doesn't bother me as I don't feel the need to take it up again.

If , as some in authority are now proposing, there is a tightening up of its use , it won't effect non smokers.

So....enjoy it while it lasts if you are a smoker.

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Post a link up then .

Ifs its completely legal , then it wouldn't be against any rules to post a link up to things being sold legally .

If there's anything illegal going on, it would be against forum rules to post a link to it 

I buy from World Wide Weed.

https://world-wide-weed.business.site/website/world-wide-weed/

8 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Yeah, like the old Lonely Planet Thai guidebooks telling about little-known islands, Khao San road and other little-known gems at the time.  A buddy of mine wrote several of the earlier editions.  A few years later those places were mobbed.  Thanks a lot.

When did he write in LP and when did the mobs hit....am curious...early 90s or something ?

13 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It is not legal to buy and sell weed in Thailand, it is only legal to sell medicinal FDA approved products with a license. I really start to get angry about how ignorant people are, is it that hard to properly read a 3 sentence law?

Laws are then openly being broken.

20220703_173925.jpg

20220703_173930.jpg

20220703_173937.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:14 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

I believe the real problem is lack of clarity of the laws regarding the devil's lettuce (credit: Ned Flanders). It's been years since I tried any and wouldn't mind a toke now, but I'm NOT confident some BiB would see me and leave me be. I think they would make my life miserable with arrest/fines.

smoke it in the privacy of your own house  (when the police are not there)

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 6:41 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Post a link up then .

Ifs its completely legal , then it wouldn't be against any rules to post a link up to things being sold legally .

If there's anything illegal going on, it would be against forum rules to post a link to it 

so you are prepared to allow the forum moderators to decide what is legal or not?

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:44 PM, freedomnow said:

When did he write in LP and when did the mobs hit....am curious...early 90s or something ?

Joe got started in 1981 and stopped writing guide books in 2006.  https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/joe-cummings-lonely-planet-thailand/index.html

So the bulk of the Thailand guide editions would have been in the 1980's.  We were Peace Corps Volunteers in 1977-79 (same group). 

On 7/25/2022 at 4:54 PM, Damrongsak said:

That was back in the days when you NEEDED a guide book .

Like arriving in a town with no map and no one spoke English , at a bus station and walking around the streets tying to find a hotel or looking for a foreigner to ask where the hotel area is .

A guide book was essential back then .

Having a simplistic map of the town in a book , showing the bus station and the location of hotels was essential 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 6:41 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Post a link up then .

Mate there like 3 companies sponsoring this thread and this forum you don't have to look far just scroll up. Strainz, Prikpot, Bloom. Need I go on?