Can someone help with under consideration period on parental extension?

Not sure if I am going mad but just sorting out my stuff for my O/A Parental extension and am a bit confused on the dates. You would think I'd know it have had 3 or 4  parental extensions. I was thinking my stay until date was September, but now I read the stamp properly it says stay until August 21, and report back 20 September to pick up extension approval stamp when I did it last year. (Photo attached)

One of the reasons I may have become confused is I think I made my first O/A visa in September back in 2014 when I first came here and extended for retirement for a few years. I got a feeling I lost a month somehow when I changed over to a parental extension.

So if my stay until date was August, is it normal to be under consideration for a month AFTER the current extension expires?

Many thanks in advance

Screenshot_3.jpg

30 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

One of the reasons I may have become confused is I think I made my first O/A visa in September back in 2014 when I first came here and extended for retirement for a few years. I got a feeling I lost a month somehow when I changed over to a parental extension

When you change reason for extension your new extension starts from day of application not from expiry of existing extension 

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

When you change reason for extension your new extension starts from day of application not from expiry of existing extension 

That definitely rings a bell, I remember being annoyed about losing a month lol.

Its a letter from the bank day before going to IO and passbook updated on the morning of visit right?

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office.

Yes day prior is fine.

Depends on the office your dealing with, Phetchabun, in my experience, is make a transaction (I withdraw 1900B), update passbook and obtain letter on the day of application.

As I'm on retirement they now also want a 12 month bank statement as well as copies all pages of the passbook - may not apply in OP's situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

Depends on the office your dealing with, Phetchabun, in my experience, is make a transaction (I withdraw 1900B), update passbook and obtain letter on the day of application.

As I'm on retirement they now also want a 12 month bank statement as well as copies all pages of the passbook - may not apply in OP's situation.

I actually think these days you can get your letter up to a week before, could be wrong. I know passbook needs updating the day you go. As you say all offices seem to have their own rules. I am Khon Kaen office

2 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I actually think these days you can get your letter up to a week before,

when I dealt with Phitsanulok yes 7 days was OK as was the passbook but now I'm with Phetchabun, it's all on the day - I stand (or truthfully sit) ready to be corrected

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

when I dealt with Phitsanulok yes 7 days was OK as was the passbook but now I'm with Phetchabun, it's all on the day - I stand (or truthfully sit) ready to be corrected

I see guys on here debating this stuff everyday and the short answer is when dealing with IO, DMV, any government office here it is really up to them and they all seem to make their own rules. One thing can apply at your local last year and this year everything has changed because they have a new manager. 

I am on a parental extension which technically means I only need to show the 400k in the bank the day I apply, but my IO wont have a bar of that. 2 months before you apply and I think technically (though they have never checked) I think you are meant to show money in the bank again when you pick up the extension after the under consideration period.

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

As you mentioned it's all about the immigration office and that's why I asked OP early which office.

He is KK so best from someone dealing with that office to give first hand experience.

I deal with CW so the procedure I use is perhaps not helpful for the OP. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As you mentioned it's all about the immigration office and that's why I asked OP early which office.

He is KK so best from someone dealing with that office to give first hand experience.

I deal with CW so the procedure I use is perhaps not helpful for the OP. 

Sort of getting way off topic here. Thanks for helping with the side issues and my other questions but I am primarily interested to know if my stay until date looks correct in regards to my question having the under consideration / pick up time a month after the actual extension expiry. Is this the norm?

4 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

primarily interested to know if my stay until date looks correct in regards to my question having the under consideration / pick up time a month after the actual extension expiry. Is this the norm?

Yes. It's the norm 

Your extension is basically already approved.

Disregard pick up being past and existing permission of stay.

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

I see guys on here debating this stuff everyday and the short answer is when dealing with IO, DMV, any government office here it is really up to them and they all seem to make their own rules. One thing can apply at your local last year and this year everything has changed because they have a new manager.

that is the answer i always give !    GO to the office ( immig, land,  tessabahn,  amphur, dmv,  water, electric)     etc etc   and ask in person.    I speak thai so always go to an officer to get an answer to an important question 

try to have relevant documents with you and ask SPECIFICALLY   what your concern is ,   and just be calm and collected;

NOTE:   having the wife or gf do the asking may not have the same results ( as often they do not want to seem to be pushy .... or can not ask a follow up question if there is confusion.)

Thats all well and good if you live close to the IO. And put no stock in what anyone in the IO tells you. Cost me 2 x 4 hour round trips a couple of years ago because of instruction I received from the IO boss. They would make no allowance for the fact it was their error either. Officer simply smiled and said she made many mistake. She transfer

10 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I am on a parental extension which technically means I only need to show the 400k in the bank the day I apply, but my IO wont have a bar of that. 2 months before you apply

You are on Family extension, to the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as a parental ext.  it's the same rules as a marriage extension, Your IO is correct 2 months before. 

5289009_MARRYEXPAGEI.thumb.JPG.4bd2ca01c6173fe45d4d1a3ec0e59466.JPG

11 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

So if my stay until date was August, is it normal to be under consideration for a month AFTER the current extension expires?

Yes at some immigration offices. Immigration offices in Isaan under immigration division 4 do it. All of my report back dates have been 30 days from when my current extension ends.

11 hours ago, rumak said:

that is the answer i always give !    GO to the office ( immig, land,  tessabahn,  amphur, dmv,  water, electric)     etc etc   and ask in person.    I speak thai so always go to an officer to get an answer to an important question 

try to have relevant documents with you and ask SPECIFICALLY   what your concern is ,   and just be calm and collected;

NOTE:   having the wife or gf do the asking may not have the same results ( as often they do not want to seem to be pushy .... or can not ask a follow up question if there is confusion.)

Probably the best advice I have read today, ask at the office you deal with.

I don’t have a girl friend but my wife in the past  has been excellent at translating the questions.

You need to train them well !!!

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Probably the best advice I have read today, ask at the office you deal with.

I don’t have a girl friend but my wife in the past  has been excellent at translating the questions.

You need to train them well !!!

Correct ........  a good "translator"   does help immensely.    Not easy to find  ( or train  haha )

too often the translator will try to answer or take over the Q and A .     I was divorced and on my own

for a long time..... so learned to do it myself .     

Edited by rumak

1 minute ago, rumak said:

Correct ........  a good "translator"   does help immensely.    Not easy to find  ( or train  haha )

too often the translator will try to answer or take over the Q and A .     I was divorced and on my own

for a long time..... so learned to do it myself .     

Trouble is, it is ingrained in many of them to cower down to anyone working for the govt so when an officer answers a question with a throw away "I dont care or I don't know and can't cant be bothered checking" answer they wont follow up. Very different experience going with a doctor or someone with position rather than a village girl

14 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Thats all well and good if you live close to the IO. And put no stock in what anyone in the IO tells you. Cost me 2 x 4 hour round trips a couple of years ago because of instruction I received from the IO boss. They would make no allowance for the fact it was their error either. Officer simply smiled and said she made many mistake. She transfer

You are not alone in having a bad outcome do to someone's incompetence and stubborness (or attitude, or whatever) .

I have had many interactions in all the offices i listed in my post.   What i found was that the "underlings"  were either unknowledgable or often just said the wrong thing.    After asking to see

the Hua Nah (head person)  I had almost 100% success in getting done what i needed.   Learning Thai helped as I learned how to ask POLITELY  and not over react (does take self restraint, as many here will know ! ) 

sorry you had a bad one............

Edited by rumak

8 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Trouble is, it is ingrained in many of them to cower down to anyone working for the govt so when an officer answers a question with a throw away "I dont care or I don't know and can't cant be bothered checking" answer they wont follow up. Very different experience going with a doctor or someone with position rather than a village girl

" grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference .... (AND HOW TO ACCOMPLISH WHAT I WANT TO )"

Note:  Rumak has indeed added a bit to that famous verse   ????