"I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy" - Thai virologist shares US man's monkeypox experience

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: (Monkeypox) is brutal

As Thailand's health authorities refused to upgrade monkeypox from a disease of concern to one of danger came news of a US man's fight against the disease.

The Twitter pictures and text was shared by leading Thai virologist Dr Anan Jongkaewwattana on his personal Facebook page. 

The American said that at first there were few symptoms but as his immune system became challenged lesions appeared on his face, reported Daily News.

Now they were appearing randomly on his body including his leg and he had a first ever case of 'strep throat'.

He said that he wouldn't wish all this on his worst enemy.

And said that the pain he had been experiencing from the "brutal" disease was "keeping my eyes full of tears".

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

I read today on the UK gov. daily 'letters' that the UK has updated symptoms found in the UK...they have added a few; lesions in the mouth and other areas. However, I did not read anything that would indicate a necessity to upgrade the Monkeypox state.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

As Thailand's health authorities refused to upgrade monkeypox from a disease of concern to one of danger

Attempting to generate hysteria much ????

These stories would go unreported if Covid had not heightened the world to ‘virus paranoia’…

Now any viral outbreak is a click-bait wet dream for any site or person seeking publicity. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

It's rather unfortunate that homosexuals walking around with these lesions and large sores on their face are being accused by religious people of carrying a stigma, a visible mark of sin according to their outdated religious teachings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Meanwhile US let 28 million doses of vaccine  expire. Did not share with Nigeria and others early when it could have been contained. Let's buy some more weapons. We'll never learn

https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispatch/the-agony-of-an-early-case-of-monkeypox

This is just a guess, but I'd suspect Nigeria didn't offer to pay for the vaccines.

Pharmaceutical companies are not charities.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

This is just a guess, but I'd suspect Nigeria didn't offer to pay for the vaccines.

Governments are not businesses they print their own money  and take half of mine to be mostly wasted.  The pox vaccines were in USA Government stockpiles. Throw it away rather than share resources where tho disease has been a problem for several years. 

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Vaccines have always been donated to third world countries, including smallpox vaccines.