Mor Prom app being turned into national digital health platform

webfact

image.jpeg

by Namo Vananupong

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Mor Prom mobile application, initially developed to track Covid cases, is now being turned into a national online health platform. The app has continually seen added features and now boasts 32 million users.

The Ministry of Public Health is collaborating with private firms to develop the Mor Prom mobile application into Thailand’s national digital health platform. The expanded app will offer Thais a convenient and easily accessible health platform boasting 12 new features.

The app was initially developed for COVID-19 case tracing and for people to register their Covid vaccination appointments.

The new features will turn the app into a platform that links to drug stores and many more public health service units. Currently, about 15,000 service units and drug stores are linked to the app.

The security aspect of the new Mor Prom app will comply with international safety standards for health information and electronic transactions. The National Cyber Security Agency and Electronic Transactions Development Agency are providing support for this aspect.

The first of the 12 new features is the COVID-19 vaccination certification service, which displays an individual’s vaccination record for use when traveling. The second feature displays Covid test results taken via the ATK as well as PCR methods.

The third feature enables users to search for a Covid testing unit near them and the fourth feature provides site check-ins via a ‘beacon’ system. Other features include a digital health certificate display, money and organ donation services, a chatbot feature, and information on health policies.

The remaining features are health history display, health appointment, health insurance policy checks, and telemedicine.

The new features will start to become available on the app in August and September.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-07-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

This app, and give credit where credit is due, appears to be one of their success stories.

I agree, but the security aspect is what concerns me.

The government's record on keeping personal information secure isn't that great. Once they start keeping all that information, including medical history in one place it will be an even bigger target for hackers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phetphet said:

I agree, but the security aspect is what concerns me.

The government's record on keeping personal information secure isn't that great. Once they start keeping all that information, including medical history in one place it will be an even bigger target for hackers.

Well hackers already have fun and games in the West so I suspect Thailand will be no different.   Come up with a digital database and hackers look upon it as a challenge to break it and sell the hack codes on the dark web

18 hours ago, Excel said:

This app, and give credit where credit is due, appears to be one of their success stories.

Having had two vaccines and two boosters, each time I have told them my surname is incorrect and my date of birth is incorrect.. 

thus far after each update this has not been changed.

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Having had two vaccines and two boosters, each time I have told them my surname is incorrect and my date of birth is incorrect.. 

Perhaps being Thai they think you do not know how to spell your own name and when you were born -you know they think they know everything ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2022 at 12:48 AM, hotchilli said:

Email your request here and it may get fixed.  An error in my passport number did.

'[email protected]'

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 6:48 AM, hotchilli said:

You can change it yourself in the  app I think. I changed my passport number

11 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You can change it yourself in the  app I think. I changed my passport number

Really.... I got a new passport in between vacs and booster and was wondering if I needed to do anything.