Nigerian may have been infected with monkeypox in Thailand – senior doctor

snoop1130

12 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I have a nasty wart growing on my scalp....so an outing.  I am a very clean and fastidious person and it's revolting to me.  Had it many months and can't get rid of it as it migrates from the back of my head to the front.....despite daily treatment and doctor even surgically.removing it.  

It's really notable and people keep being concerned about it.  Have taken to wearing a hat.    I am sure some people will think it's monkey pox. ????

Lemon cut in small pieces marinated in vinegar, apply to wart, stick some of the lemon flesh on if poss, I had 2 warts on my arm 'surgically' removed they kept coming back, i used this method for about 10 days and one morning they had just disappeared and never came back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

Isn't there a chance that he caught it from eating monkey in the area? He ran not because he had the pox but it's against the law to kill and eat monkey in Phuket?

he was on a long overstay and he knew he would be handed out to immigration after hospital treatment/isolation.

monkeys in nigeria and africa can have monkeypox, but not on phuket or anywhere in thailand

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Nigerian man, who was confirmed to be Thailand’s first and so far only monkeypox case, may have contracted the virus in the country, said Dr. Wasun Chantratita, chief of the Centre for Medical Genomics at Ramathibodi Hospital.

Definately

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Excel said:

Better you than me to go through that. At my age I'll just let my teeth fall out naturally, if they ever do, and simply get my wife to chew my food for me ????

:cheesy:

Huh? Blistering on genitals, so expecting SEXUAL transmitted disease. Like herpes.

Did they do the test then right? Or someone with monkey pox touched his willy?

He was already long time in Thailand, thus infection should be from within Thailand.

Someone else is nr 1. Is it really monkey pox?

Monkey pox is a SOCIAL transmitted disease. Skin to skin contact and i red even the crusts, at the end of the stage, can cause infections again.

They use the same letters, so it is confusing. 

You dont need to have sex to get infected by monkey pox.

SO you have STD which can mean sexual or social transmitted disease.  

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Lemon cut in small pieces marinated in vinegar, apply to wart, stick some of the lemon flesh on if poss, I had 2 warts on my arm 'surgically' removed they kept coming back, i used this method for about 10 days and one morning they had just disappeared and never came back.

Hmm...ok.  but you think I can use limes instead.  Not really for easy access to any lemons.

Another one found in Bangkok:

Thailand confirmed a second local case of monkeypox infection, the Ministry of Public Health said Thursday. . The patient is a 47-year-old Thai male who has been admitted to a hospital in Bangkok after experiencing fever and rashes appearing on his body.

According to officials, the man had a sexual relationship with foreign male and had no travel history outside Bangkok. The case has no apparent link with the country's first monkeypox patient. Ten people who shared close contact have been asked to self-isolate for 21 days.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1552616342632935429

• Sad 1

On 7/26/2022 at 4:16 PM, geisha said:

Bkk Brian, which brings up the question, why now ? Homosexuality has existed openly for years. 
Has something mutated ? Also Europe has high figures of this pox.  Why again. Lots of questions for the scientists. 

probably the same reason that other viruses are now travelling around the world - imported to Europe more often from the source country (africa.....shhhhhh - must not mention that....)

This may sound like an odd question, but I wonder if there is any danger of people infecting local monkeys with it?  It might be a real medical situation if the monkeys in places like Lopburi got infected and then started transmitting it back to people.  

7 hours ago, Credo said:

This may sound like an odd question, but I wonder if there is any danger of people infecting local monkeys with it?  It might be a real medical situation if the monkeys in places like Lopburi got infected and then started transmitting it back to people.  

I expect there is more human to human contact going on. Personally I would not let one of those nasty ill-tempered critters near to me. (Monkeys, not Lopburi people).

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1