Thaksin: Don’t Cremate My Dead Body, Let The Battle Be Immortalized

webfact

18 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Suggest you check the facts, it was proposed, in detail by the dems.

Nobody is saying everything bad in Thailand is Thaksin's fault, that's just your beat up to try to make him look better.

Reality is that there's a number of negative forces in this country, has been for decades and they still exist.

Your post history up until recently is a constant stream of pro junta anti Thaksin garbage. Oh how it must embarrass you… just how badly on the nose the junta is now, where not even the most avid consumers of their garbage can bring themselves to publicly support the sad and sorry bunch of clowns running the country. Thaksin implemented the 30 baht UHC - to much global acclaim, the Democrats and their military buddies would like nothing more than to get rid of this lifesaving policy.

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Your post history up until recently is a constant stream of pro junta anti Thaksin garbage. Oh how it must embarrass you… just how badly on the nose the junta is now, where not even the most avid consumers of their garbage can bring themselves to publicly support the sad and sorry bunch of clowns running the country. Thaksin implemented the 30 baht UHC - to much global acclaim, the Democrats and their military buddies would like nothing more than to get rid of this lifesaving policy.

"...Your post history up until recently is a constant stream of pro junta ...".

That's not true. 

A question; Are you a trump fan, numerous statements by the week which are mostly 100% untrue, twisted etc?

7 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

would you care to point out and justify your claim regarding the Democrats and Junta trying to get  of the 30Bht medical scheme. 

18 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

And when Kofi Anan sent someone to investigate his horrendous human rights abuses who can forget his "The UN is not my father" response.

I think it was The Times who got hold of a copy of an official document with the names of their drug suspects and the order that the only way someone could be removed from the list was "Arrest, extrajudicial killing or loss of life".  An official order.

No idea why some posters have any respect for the man at all.   An absolutely despicable, self serving human being.

And every general who ever staged a coup is a white knight riding to the rescue of the Thai people!!!!!  ???? ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Orinoco said:

We are done.

It's a shame you know nothing of what went on years back in Thailand.

But I will say this.

Thailand has the government it deserves.

When the people grow up, they will then truly have the government they deserve, I hope I live to see that day.

Good day. :jap:

Actually Thailand does NOT have the government that it deserves.

What it does have is a government which stole the country at the point of a gun, which scrapped a perfectly reasonable constitution that worked well. stacked the senate with cronies and family, ALL of them un-elected, changed the rules of the election, AFTER the election, illegally banned politicians and political parties AFTER the election, disenfranchised over 6 million voters all in the name of reconciliation, restoring happiness to the people, reforming the police, the military and the civil service and stopping corruption.

It is currently trying to fix the next election so that it will cheat its way to a win again.

And YOU think that this is the government that Thailand deserves?

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 11:11 AM, Artisi said:

would you care to point out and justify your claim regarding the Democrats and Junta trying to get  of the 30Bht medical scheme. 

First things first, no need to separate the Junta and the (misnamed) Democrats. At every single opportunity to support democracy the feeble (misnamed) Democrats chose to side with Dictatorship. It follows that the destruction wrought upon Thailand by the Junta is, in part, blood on the hands of the (misnamed) Democrats.

As for Thaksin’s 30 baht UHC there is countless instances of the Junta wanting to get rid of the scheme… but let’s start back in 2008 after the judicial coup that installed yellow bellied Abhisit shall we:

“With Thaksin as the face of the “30 baht” scheme, public opinion on UHC seemed to organize along partisan lines. The scheme was replaced once by the Democrat-led government in 2009 under the slogan “free treatment for 48 million people.” It was subsequently resurrected in 2012 with the “30 baht” moniker under the Pheu Thai government.”

Now Prayuth:

Prayuth Chan-Ocha, the head of the junta and Prime Minister, has revealed the eleven policies of his administration, one of which is a plan to improve Thailand’s health system; however, the conservative junta might set Thailand’s health policies back by ten years.

https://prachatai.com/english/node/4341

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

"...Your post history up until recently is a constant stream of pro junta ...".

That's not true. 

A question; Are you a trump fan, numerous statements by the week which are mostly 100% untrue, twisted etc?

It is very much true.

Trump supporters are much more politically aligned to Junta supporters, I’d suggest you repeat your question whilst looking in the mirror.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

'Policies to reduce poverty'.

Well that would be wonderful but is it really that simple.

At that time there was an outspoken Thai lady in my office, her father was a snr. policeman in a large very poor upcountry area/

The lady was so proud of her dad for several reasons. One was that he supervised the distribution of the 'envelopes' to support vote buying. And she make no attempt to hide any of the details she was aware of.

Further she proudly told all how the people were told verbally in a visit byone of the party canvassers that:

- An enevelope will be in your letter box early morning on xx/xx/xxxx. 

- When you go to vote you must tick YYYY. If you don't we will know and we will tell all your neighbors you don't support the savior. (In an upcounty village being ostracized by all the other people in the village is very serious/very undesireable/even frightening).

This same group (Snr cop and canvassers) did the foot work when each village got 1mBaht and in many villages it was doled out to the villagers. Suddenly mobile phones for sale appeared in shops and there was pressue to buy them with the personal dole out from the 1MBaht village fund. Guess where the phones came from in terms of the wholesaler?

At that time one of my son's buddies had a ML title, passed on from the boys' mother. The mother was a very snr person in the Thai finance ministry. She was appointed (not asked to join) a committee to monitor how the 1MBaht to each village was being used. 

She was no pushover. She refused to accept the reports given by the poliricat appointees in her office, she went herself to several villagers to ask around etc.

She discovered that many very poor villagers now had phones, but there was a problem they couldn't afford the 'Top up' cards on sale (at this time 'top up cards were one of the main ways to get further phone credit).

So the phone companies introduced 10Baht Top up cards.

The lady went back to Bkk, appraoched the minister involved and shared what she had found and shared that she would not allow herself to be part of the 'monitoring committee' and resigned. She was punished  for years for not supporting the 'system'. 

One lady in your office is hardly a sufficient sample to draw any conclusions from, unless of course you care very little for facts and seek only to reinforce your own opinions regardless of how feeble the foundations upon which you perch yourself are.

The most recent Thai “election” barred / severely restricted international observers - why do you think that is? If you are unsure, perhaps you could go ask your lady friend, you know, the one from your office. ????????????

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/26/thai-election-process-deeply-flawed-independent-observers

• Like 2

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

And YOU think that this is the government that Thailand deserves?

I would love to see the Thai people do better.

But most just want there turn at the Trough and have little or no care for others. most things Thai people do, are just a selfish act one way or another.

They need to change there ways.

Then they will have the government fitting to them.

Hope I live long enough to see it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Orinoco said:

I would love to see the Thai people do better.

But most just want there turn at the Trough and have little or no care for others. most things Thai people do, are just a selfish act one way or another.

They need to change there ways.

Then they will have the government fitting to them.

Hope I live long enough to see it.

How many Thai people do you actually know to talk to, bearing in mind that there are around 70 million men women and children.

The ones that I know personally here in rural Kamphaeng Phet and those that have married well and live abroad hate this so called government. They are in the low end of the ladder and some are what you would call lower middle class. Their main concerns are jobs, food on the table, roof over their heads, children going to school. They have no interest in sharing the trough but what they do is help themselves first and then help others who are lower on the totem pole than they are. They don't have much chance of getting better and they understand this, but they DO want the children to do better and improve their lives away from where they live,

That is why they voted for Thaksin before and would do again if they could. Simply because he actually did something for them which no other government before has done and certainly no coup ridden military government will ever do.

This is what is scaring the PM and the government now. They can see that the youth don't need or want them (neither does a lot of the population either) and that the end of coups is coming.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

And every general who ever staged a coup is a white knight riding to the rescue of the Thai people!!!!!  ???? ????

Yes, of course.......as contemporary historic perspectives will tell you. ????????????

These lovely accolades might be reflective of any brief civilian government as well. ????

All about the general goodness and extended well being of the Thai people. 

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

How many Thai people do you actually know to talk to, bearing in mind that there are around 70 million men women and children.

The ones that I know personally here in rural Kamphaeng Phet and those that have married well and live abroad hate this so called government. They are in the low end of the ladder and some are what you would call lower middle class. Their main concerns are jobs, food on the table, roof over their heads, children going to school. They have no interest in sharing the trough but what they do is help themselves first and then help others who are lower on the totem pole than they are. They don't have much chance of getting better and they understand this, but they DO want the children to do better and improve their lives away from where they live,

That is why they voted for Thaksin before and would do again if they could. Simply because he actually did something for them which no other government before has done and certainly no coup ridden military government will ever do.

This is what is scaring the PM and the government now. They can see that the youth don't need or want them (neither does a lot of the population either) and that the end of coups is coming.

Put who you want in charge of Thailand.

It will still be the same 5, 10, 15 years latter.

Sorry but Thai people need to change. not just a government.

Put the students in charge, what will  they do.

Reckon within a year, they would,  employ, family, friend's,

start taking back handers, feathering there own nests. and so on, 

Same, Same, But Same.

BTW,  I don't know 70milllion Thai people.

But I pretty much know what they would get up to,  if they had the chance.

2 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Same, Same, But Same.

How many students do you know to speak to?

The ones you are talking about are in their late teens to mid 20s and are mostly found in Bangkok.

What will they do when they get power, (and they will), I have no idea. Judging by this current lot in power, they couldn't do any worse however hard they tried.

The trouble is that Prayuth, his cronies, their puppet master truly believe that the students want to tear down and destroy the current ways and rebuild from the ground upwards. Not a bad idea really when you consider the current state of affairs.

Traditionally it has always been power from the top down for centuries which is why Thailand is where it is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

The ones you are talking about are in their late teens to mid 20s and are mostly found in Bangkok.

What will they do when they get power, (and they will), I have no idea. Judging by this current lot in power, they couldn't do any worse however hard they tried.

The trouble is that Prayuth, his cronies, their puppet master truly believe that the students want to tear down and destroy the current ways and rebuild from the ground upwards. Not a bad idea really when you consider the current state of affairs.

Traditionally it has always been power from the top down for centuries which is why Thailand is where it is now.

Thailand won't be much different in 15 years time.

No matter who you put in control.

7 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Thailand won't be much different in 15 years time.

No matter who you put in control.

Just over 15 years ago Thaksin was the PM.

Now the leader of the second military coup is the PM.

Do you notice the difference?

Neither you or anybody else in the world can accurately prophesy what will happen in 1 years time, let alone in 15 years time.

16 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Same, Same, But Same.

I agree, when Future Forward FF (or whatever their name is now) gain power, and they will but not tomorrow, it won't be long before corruption, cronyism, nepotism all start to emerge. 

They are alll so ingrained they will all be lurking in the shadows with people who have seen these items as part of politics all of their lives, and see them as 'normal'. And many see them as 'the way'  to gain business success regardless of laws and morals. All sorts of these people will put pressure on the FF ministers for favors. Some of this will come from current politicians who will try to get their foot in the door with FF. Not because of any respect for FF policies, but for chances to get near any trough that might appear. 

This will be one of the many challenges that FF will face and they will have to be very strong to stop these activities. And I fear violence might happen.

There's a long hard road ahead. Go FF.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Just over 15 years ago Thaksin was the PM.

Now the leader of the second military coup is the PM.

Do you notice the difference?

Neither you or anybody else in the world can accurately prophesy what will happen in 1 years time, let alone in 15 years time.

Rubbish, Thailand will be just the same in 15 years time.

Same Bad Police.

Same Bad school system.

Same Bad school governors.

Same bad teachers.

Same bad parents.

Same, Think of today and not tomorrow attitude.

Same Bad behavior on the roads.

Same greediness.

Same selfishness.

Same self importance. me , me , and more me.

Sure is , Same, Same but Same. to come.

But the government will change, maybe a few time by then. Good or bad, will it change the above i doubt it.

Maybe if the people changed the above would start to change as well.

Good day.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I agree, when Future Forward FF (or whatever their name is now) gain power, and they will but not tomorrow, it won't be long before corruption, cronyism, nepotism all start to emerge. 

They are alll so ingrained they will all be lurking in the shadows with people who have seen these items as part of politics all of their lives, and see them as 'normal'. And many see them as 'the way'  to gain business success regardless of laws and morals. All sorts of these people will put pressure on the FF ministers for favors. Some of this will come from current politicians who will try to get their foot in the door with FF. Not because of any respect for FF policies, but for chances to get near any trough that might appear. 

This will be one of the many challenges that FF will face and they will have to be very strong to stop these activities. And I fear violence might happen.

There's a long hard road ahead. Go FF.

Yes i agree with what you say, about the bad guys waiting in the wings.

For the FF party.

I just think Thailand's problems are more than just a change of government.

i just feel the people need to change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Yes i agree with what you say, about the bad guys waiting in the wings.

For the FF party.

I just think Thailand's problems are more than just a change of government.

i just feel the people need to change.

Good point. And seems to me that nothing will really change until the masses really notice thing have changed for the better and they then openly/blindly support and embed actual valuable changes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

Unfortunately, the true instigating crux is never recognized and hardly spoke of. Been of the nature forever.

Tradition.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Deny him accesx to ANY  mass media and he's dead already !

Can’t beat him fair and square so cheat. That’s a losers mentality my friend. Since when has political censorship ever been a good thing? There’s a reason tyrants and dictators rely so heavily upon censorship - it protects the bad and suppresses the good. 

• Like 1