Customs seize illegally imported marijuana at airport under the name "Tom Kreuasophon"

webfact

"$4,000/lb in the U.S. (Cookies price, plus CA taxes), gets sold here for 700 - 950 per gram."
Check your math again sir.

Current wholesale prices for top quality indoor grown in USA is around $1200-1500
High quality outdoor greenhouse grown product can be purchased for as little as 300-400US per lb at the big farms in California and Colorado.
High end marijuana in the USA has not cost $4,000 for more than 15 years.
FYI, some dispensaries in Bangkok are selling sought after strains for as much as 1,100 baht per gram. 

Edited by Alan Garcia
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan Garcia said:

"$4,000/lb in the U.S. (Cookies price, plus CA taxes), gets sold here for 700 - 950 per gram."

I quoted the price on Cookies web-page. I used that because I saw Cookies brand strains (specifically Ice Cream Cake) for sale here.

https://cookiesconnected.com/product/ice-cream-cake-strain/

Yes Cookies is on the high end.

Yes there are many other U.S. brands sold here...Glass House is ~ 3,000 for a pound.

Stiizy is on the high end too.

Thais in the U.S. are buying name brands, in eigths and oz's, not pounds, then shipping those here.

Although the siezure yesterday at Suvaranbhumi looked like one pound bags?

Yes, I'll stipulate that there are cheaper alternatives available in the U.S.

Just a few seen in the wild here photos...

various.jpg

GHFarms.jpg

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Alan Garcia said:

Current wholesale prices for top quality indoor grown in USA is around $1200-1500
High quality outdoor greenhouse grown product can be purchased for as little as 300-400US per lb at the big farms in California and Colorado.
High end marijuana in the USA has not cost $4,000 for more than 15 years.
FYI, some dispensaries in Bangkok are selling sought after strains for as much as 1,100 baht per gram. 

The current price in California for that weed is $300 to $500 per lb. The tag on the bag seen in the pictures has Natura Cultivation, LLC CCL20-0000452

Mr Kruesophon partner is Josh Schmidt from Natura in Sacramento and Berner from COOKIES. If it is selling for 700 baht per gram they are making approximately $140,000 USD on each 20lb shipment

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I quoted the price on Cookies web-page. I used that because I saw Cookies brand strains (specifically Ice Cream Cake) for sale here.

https://cookiesconnected.com/product/ice-cream-cake-strain/

Yes Cookies is on the high end.

Yes there are many other U.S. brands sold here...Glass House is ~ 3,000 for a pound.

Stiizy is on the high end too.

Thais in the U.S. are buying name brands, in eigths and oz's, not pounds, then shipping those here.

Although the siezure yesterday at Suvaranbhumi looked like one pound bags?

Yes, I'll stipulate that there are cheaper alternatives available in the U.S.

Just a few seen in the wild here photos...

various.jpg

GHFarms.jpg

Amazing.

I remember buying pot (buds) for $10 a gram in California in the 80's. 40 odd years or so. 

Times sure are changing! 

That bag of buds looks so nice and neat. 

Edited by MrJ2U

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Amazing.

I remember buying pot (buds) for $10 a gram in California in the 80's. 40 odd years or so. 

Times sure are changing! 

That bag of buds looks so nice and neat. 

The pot you bought would be considered skunkweed nowadays. 

The high-end weed of today is way more powerful than any weed from decades back.  Those buds you bought were probably around 4% THC while the top-end stuff of today starts at 20% THC and can be as high as 28% THC, sometimes even 30% THC.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai customs and the Department of Agriculture held a joint press conference at the customs press center yesterday after a package was seized at Suvarnabhumi airport.

Held a joint conference... did they test it?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SomNaNa555 said:

The current price in California for that weed is $300 to $500 per lb. The tag on the bag seen in the pictures has Natura Cultivation, LLC CCL20-0000452

Mr Kruesophon partner is Josh Schmidt from Natura in Sacramento and Berner from COOKIES. If it is selling for 700 baht per gram they are making approximately $140,000 USD on each 20lb shipment

Thanks for this.

I'm shocked these people are risking so much for so little.

I'm hopeful that Berner is unaware of this activity.

It is illegal to export California cannabis to other states, and obviously to other countries.

And, as I know realize, they are taking standard grade cannabis, then repackaging it here. (You can find Cookies blue bags for sale here.)

This does great harm to these brands, is illegal and risks their CA licenses.

And it does great harm to local Thai growers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

This does great harm to these brands, is illegal and risks their CA licenses.

seems they are also doing quite a bit to destroy their own brand. ego and money. 

why import like that into thailand with such an established name brand already ? 

why not try to go the correct route and obtain licenses etc ? these guys are trying to catch the money. 

cookies brand is not that great to begin with either. far better grows and products out there. but hey marketing, flashy bags and fancy neon colors right. ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

The pot you bought would be considered skunkweed nowadays. 

The high-end weed of today is way more powerful than any weed from decades back.  Those buds you bought were probably around 4% THC while the top-end stuff of today starts at 20% THC and can be as high as 28% THC, sometimes even 30% THC.

I never enjoyed it.  It made me feel really paranoid.

I imagine the weed now would probably put me in a state of psychosis.

I still want to grow some but my wife put an end to that idea.