What's the deal with bitcoin now?

Farang123

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What a wonderful logic.

Pick the perfect date to buy and the perfect date to sell and all if perfect - in hindsight.

Nobody said it's impossible to make money with crypto. Lots of people made money when it started.

But then lots of people lost a lot when they invested at the wrong time.

And why did they invest? Because all those crypto "experts" dreamed that crypto will go up - to the moon.

It would be funny except for those people who believed those stories and lost a lot. 

Perfect price would be 1c. I picked the avg $20,000.

Up 15% on average.

Lotto down 95%.

Given you dont own btc why so negative? It makes no sense.

Do you knock on condo doors and tell the owners you dont like the look of their condo? Knock knock. Hello. Sorry your condo is terrible, better sell before the price crashes.

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nobody said it's impossible to make money with crypto. Lots of people made money when it started.

Traders can make money daily. Lots of day traders. In and out.

Most of the volume would be st traders. 

Eth was a good trade.

Traders can short it too make money.

Nobody has to buy n hold.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nobody has lost anything unless you sell at a lower price.

If a condo goes from 2m baht to 1.5m baht you havent lost anything unless you sell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

13 years old. I would say eth has a great future plus other majors.

I have 422 ETH with 418 of it which I locked into ETH2 as far as staking 14 months ago, and on the new platform earning 4.6% interest until the launch of the new platform at which time I will decide what to do.  Bought in back when each coin was $155 USD. I also had BTC up until last year when I sold it all, after selling some in 2019, 2020, and 2021 which I used to assist in buying my kids houses.  Now just sitting on MATIC, ETH, and I still have 65 coins of the original ETC which has just gone up as well.  My crypto portfolio has done well, and even with the dip's it has never bothered me as I spent less than 100K when I bought into everything back in the day. Bought my 20 BTC when it was at $917.  Overall I guess one could say I got in at the right time and did not leverage my house or retirement like many have done in the past few years.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

That is what you see.

What I see is that is down by almost 50% in a few months

Screenshot_20220731-221813_Chrome.jpg

Down from it's highs but still up for those that bought in when it was a lot lower.

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What a wonderful logic.

Pick the perfect date to buy and the perfect date to sell and all if perfect - in hindsight.

And why did they invest? Because all those crypto "experts" dreamed that crypto will go up - to the moon.

It would be funny except for those people who believed those stories and lost a lot. 

What about the millions of Chinese who bought Condos in China's new cities for a premium and now are in an uproar that the unsold units are selling for 1/4 of what they paid for theirs.  There are always losers in any investment scheme.  If only we could time markets like Warren Buffet. 

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

What about the millions of Chinese who bought Condos in China's new cities for a premium and now are in an uproar that the unsold units are selling for 1/4 of what they paid for theirs.  There are always losers in any investment scheme.  If only we could time markets like Warren Buffet. 

So true

5 year ma works well on stocks, coins and gold ! No guarantee but much safer to buy on avg price than chase it up.

U could do same with condos look at 5 year avg prices

12 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Perfect price would be 1c. I picked the avg $20,000.

Up 15% on average.

Lotto down 95%.

Given you dont own btc why so negative? It makes no sense.

Do you knock on condo doors and tell the owners you dont like the look of their condo? Knock knock. Hello. Sorry your condo is terrible, better sell before the price crashes.

You are one of the people who love to talk about crypto.

But it seems you don't want to talk about the risks.

You could just keep your knowledge for yourself like behind a closed door. But that is obviously not what you want. If you shout in the lobby then don't be surprised if others react. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nobody pretends that all other investments are fine.

You are one of the people who love to talk about crypto.

But it seems you don't want to talk about the risks.

You could just keep your knowledge for yourself like behind a closed door. But that is obviously not what you want. If you shout in the lobby then don't be surprised if others react. 

I have said many times i prefer shares. I wouldnt invest more than 1 or 2% in coins.

If people put 50% in and lose thats just dumb.

Nobody pretends that all other investments are fine.

No but those that are Crypto haters seem to only key into crypto and not all markets.  There are risks in every investment.  Luckily I timed the Stock market right and moved my positions before things dropped and re-invested into products that have gone up the last 5 months.

Edited by ThailandRyan

18 minutes ago, Farang123 said:

I bought $400 worth of BTC at around $40,000 as an experiment. Right now I'm glad I didn't put more in.

Dont guess. Buy near long term moving averages.

If you buy shares or coins or gold buy near 5 year moving average much safer than random buying.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I have 422 ETH with 418 of it which I locked into ETH2 as far as staking 14 months ago, and on the new platform earning 4.6% interest until the launch of the new platform at which time I will decide what to do.  Bought in back when each coin was $155 USD. I also had BTC up until last year when I sold it all, after selling some in 2019, 2020, and 2021 which I used to assist in buying my kids houses.  Now just sitting on MATIC, ETH, and I still have 65 coins of the original ETC which has just gone up as well.  My crypto portfolio has done well, and even with the dip's it has never bothered me as I spent less than 100K when I bought into everything back in the day. Bought my 20 BTC when it was at $917.  Overall I guess one could say I got in at the right time and did not leverage my house or retirement like many have done in the past few years.

Good job.  Good to see some people making money.

4 hours ago, peterfranks said:

Ethereum cofounder Vitalik Buterin has taken a shot at MicroStrategy chief executive officer Michael Saylor, calling him a “total clown” after the latter called the world’s second-largest cryptocurrency “inherently unethical.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/vitalik-buterin-calls-microstrategy-michael-045100945.html

6f44977217fa50dc50d35d12ee9f8456

Yeah... Who to believe... Michael Saylor or the guy who created Ethereum...