U.S. President Biden's public approval rating falls to 38% new low in Gallup poll

onthedarkside

Just now, Berkshire said:
5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Are you sure about that? I looked for it on Fox News but couldn't find any mention of it.

Did you look at the link I provided?  The Hill, gallup poll.

Just realized you might be joking.  Fox News....55555

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

At 44%, Biden’s approval rating is now higher than the approval ratings of Donald Trump (41%), Barack Obama (43%), Bill Clinton (39%), Jimmy Carter (43%), and Ronald Reagan (41%) at this point in their presidencies.

https://www.rawstory.com/biden-approval-skyrockets-now-higher-than-trump-obama-clinton-carter-or-reagan/

The new law allowing drug prices to be negotiated and Roe being overturned will both push up the Dem's popularity 

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It takes the media turning every move Trump made into news.

Biden has been handled very delicately. No hardball questions by the liberal media, no coverage of his declining mental state. He tries to shake hands with imaginery people, he falls going up stairs. And not much of that repeats on liberal news.

But I have to say even some liberal stations are starting to report the truth about joe.

It's because there's no there there. The whole shaking hands with imaginary people (pl?) is a right wing talking point just as valid as being able to drink a glass with one hand or not seeing toilet paper stuck to his shoe, or wearing a wig, or being helped down a ramp from a speech are left wing talking points. i.e. not valid. Tripping on the stairs at his age? Can Trump ride a bicycle? Biden does all the time. Did Trump run up the stirs of air force one?

It doesn't get repeated on the liberal news is because it isn't news and nor are they trying to throw red meat to an ignorant base.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Biden has que cards of what to do every minute, one day he said he has cancer and the list is very long of all the things he said which had to be cleaned up afterwards. If asked a hard question he gets angry and rambles on incoherently.

You're being dishonest if you state the media treats biden the same as trump was.

Trump was talking B.S. and lying nearly every day. And still does, I.e. the Big Lie. He's a sore loser, a liar and a cheat. He's fully responsible for it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, candide said:

Trump was talking B.S. and lying nearly every day. And still does, I.e. the Big Lie. He's a sore loser, a liar and a cheat. He's fully responsible for it.

You see you have zero defense for biden's declining cognitive decline.

Also, the 41% who approve must be stone cold idiots. How is that even possible?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Your point was that Trump was comparatively treated unfairly. In other words, Biden is not talking B.S. and ridiculous lies nearly everyday a as Trump did.

11 minutes ago, candide said:

Your point was that Trump was comparatively treated unfairly. In other words, Biden is not talking B.S. and ridiculous lies nearly everyday a as Trump did.

I never said that the unfairly part, please don't do that. I said their was a huge difference in how Trump was treated and how joe is. To say otherwise is disingenuous. Recently biden said he had cancer, come on man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I never said that the unfairly part, please don't do that. I said their was a huge difference in how Trump was treated and how joe is. To say otherwise is disingenuous. Recently biden said he had cancer, come on man.

Did you ever think that on the important issues Trump wasn't so popular? That Americans, including most Republicans,  mostly favor raising taxes on the rich, instead of cutting them? That he promised that he had a better health plan, which was a lie, and that he tried and nearly succeeded in eliminating Obamacare? That his threats to deport DACA kids was very unpopular? That he separated babies from illegal immigrant parents, and that adminstration lost track of thousands of them  so  that he had to reverse himself? That his plan to build a wall along the southern border was unpopular?

Do you see that Biden's  popularity is going back up because the bills he backed are popular with the American people?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

And as usual, fake news from <deleted> right-wing social media posts. ????

"President Joe Biden claimed in a July 20 speech that growing up in Delaware near oil refineries gave him cancer. Posts on social media misinterpreted that to mean he currently has cancer. A White House spokesperson said Biden was referring to a skin cancer that was removed before he became president." 

"White House physician Dr. Kevin O’Connor released a health summary for Biden in November 2021 that confirmed that he had skin cancer that was removed before he became president"

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/07/posts-on-social-media-misinterpret-bidens-quote-on-previous-cancer/

20 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Says guy who discovered ‘declining cognitive decline’.

There’s a unimaginable fortune to made if you can bottle the cause and sell it.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Maybe he’s busy doing the job he was elected to do, not out playing golf, cozying up to America’s enemies and not spending all day in Twitter fests.

Actually, he is spending a LOT of his time on the beach in Delaware.  150 days so far, according to this article. More than Trump, Obama, or Bush at this point in their respective presidencies. 

https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/bidens-vacation-time-outstrips-trump-obama-bush-after-trip/

Believe he has done exactly 1 interview in the past 6 months, back in June. 

From taking office on 20 January 2021 up to 29 April 2022, Biden gave 23 interviews. Between 20 January 2017 and 29 April 2018, by contrast, Trump gave 95 interviews, according to the White House Transition Project, a non-partisan group that chronicles presidential communications.

Over their equivalent periods, Barack Obama gave 187 interviews, George W Bush gave 60, Bill Clinton gave 64, George HW Bush gave 70 and Ronald Reagan gave 78, the Project found. Biden has also held fewer solo press conferences than other recent presidents.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/05/joe-biden-few-press-interviews-media-access

Wonder why that is....

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, he is spending a LOT of his time on the beach in Delaware.  150 days so far, according to this article. More than Trump, Obama, or Bush at this point in their respective presidencies. 

https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/bidens-vacation-time-outstrips-trump-obama-bush-after-trip/

Believe he has done exactly 1 interview in the past 6 months, back in June. 

From taking office on 20 January 2021 up to 29 April 2022, Biden gave 23 interviews. Between 20 January 2017 and 29 April 2018, by contrast, Trump gave 95 interviews, according to the White House Transition Project, a non-partisan group that chronicles presidential communications.

Over their equivalent periods, Barack Obama gave 187 interviews, George W Bush gave 60, Bill Clinton gave 64, George HW Bush gave 70 and Ronald Reagan gave 78, the Project found. Biden has also held fewer solo press conferences than other recent presidents.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/05/joe-biden-few-press-interviews-media-access

Wonder why that is....

Your guess is not a diagnosis.

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your guess is not a diagnosis.

Not my guess, just facts.  Any comment on Joe's disappearing act? You were wrong in comparing his vacation time and availability to the Bad Orange Man. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Not my guess, just facts.  Any comment on Joe's disappearing act? You were wrong in comparing his vacation time and availability to the Bad Orange Man. 

Let me explained why I have stated your guesses are not a diagnosis.

Dementia is frequent accusation made against President Biden by right wingers, they are made without any reference to a diagnosis.

They are highly offensive and inflammatory attacks

Here’s why that matters.

Dementia is a dreadful disease that destroys countless lives and relationships.

We can be absolutely sure that members of this forum are living with or facing Dementia, either personally, in those they love and care for, often in those that have loved and cared for them.

Dementia is a dreadful disease, it has absolutely no place being used as an insult or cheap point scoring in political debate.

Let’s keep the debate to the subject matter and leave dementia where it belongs, with health professionals, those who are facing it and the families and loved ones who have to deal with the consequences of this wretched disease.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let me explained why I have stated your guesses are not a diagnosis.

Dementia is frequent accusation made against President Biden by right wingers, they are made without any reference to a diagnosis.

They are highly offensive and inflammatory attacks

Here’s why that matters.

Dementia is a dreadful disease that destroys countless lives and relationships.

We can be absolutely sure that members of this forum are living with or facing Dementia, either personally, in those they love and care for, often in those that have loved and cared for them.

Dementia is a dreadful disease, it has absolutely no place being used as an insult or cheap point scoring in political debate.

Let’s keep the debate to the subject matter and leave dementia where it belongs, with health professionals, those who are facing it and the families and loved ones who have to deal with the consequences of this wretched disease.

Nice try at deflection, but I did not mention dementia in my posts.  I do think there are some obvious issues of cognitive decline with the President- you can see in his movements, mannerisms, and speech. But that is part of life for a man pushing 80 years old.  As to what is causing them, I will leave up to health care professionals.  I mean, God forbid the media would ever  make unsubstantiated speculations on the health (physical or mental) of the President.  That would be irresponsible.

Now, any thoughts on why he is absent from the White House more than any other recent president? Or why he is not available to the press?  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Nice try at deflection, but I did not mention dementia in my posts.  I do think there are some obvious issues of cognitive decline with the President- you can see in his movements, mannerisms, and speech. But that is part of life for a man pushing 80 years old.  As to what is causing them, I will leave up to health care professionals.  I mean, God forbid the media would ever  make unsubstantiated speculations on the health (physical or mental) of the President.  That would be irresponsible.

Now, any thoughts on why he is absent from the White House more than any other recent president? Or why he is not available to the press?  

I’m not interested.

I have explained why.

On 8/27/2022 at 6:15 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Biden’s approval has, since the start of this thread, risen from 38% to 42.3 %.

We can accept your explanation for this if we also except the number of stone cold idiots is increasing rapidly.

Or we can see the reality that Biden’s approval rating has and is improving.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Biden’s approval has, since the start of this thread, risen from 38% to 42.3 %.

We can accept your explanation for this if we also except the number of stone cold idiots is increasing rapidly.

Or we can see the reality that Biden’s approval rating has and is improving.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

You'll note that these critics of Biden are focusing on him personally. Not on his political positions. We can only wonder why that's the case.

• Like 2