Why did you marry? And maybe why did you do it again?

40 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

We all get old and die, so who cares who owns the property?

As long as you are together with someone you want to be with, are cared for and happy, who really cares?

I never understand folks that think having their name on anything in Thailand is more important than life itself?

And they lived happily ever after. Sure, all is fine.

But have you ever heard the stories that he paid for the property and it was in her name and then she told him to f@$ off? It seems in Thailand that happens often enough. 

If guys want to give millions in cash or property to their gf or wife then that is fine.

But those guys should realize that then it's the money or property of their wife.

They, the guys, don't own it.

39 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

You already answered your own question.

Who knows anything at all in the next 50 years? Anything? 

Things could also go 100% right and be together the next 50 years.

If every thought and post you make is a doomsday, bad news scenerio, what do you expect?

Do you sit around all day worrying "What If" something goes wrong?

My god man, maybe legal cannabis is the answer for your woes

So you suggest that I should take drugs to cloud my mind so that I don't see reality.

Yeah, that's the kind of sophisticated advice I was waiting for.

My wife was a keeper and I felt she deserved more than being my gik on a string. I wanted people to know that as well. 12 years now. She's my rock.

Would I marry at 60? No. Although I might marry her 33yo self at 60.

I have someone I know loves me and will care for me when I'm sick and frail. Even if I'm healthy and strong into my last year's the last few years are messy.

I was never perviously married so don't carry that baggage.

I try to stay young at heart and healthy. She's not going anywhere but I owe it to both of us.

Was on Soi Cowboy for drinks a few weeks ago. My wife at 45 better looking, more slim, younger than most. A few gogo girls pathetically fat. Some literal grannies in Toy bar. The only lookers were the premium stuff at Baccarat. If I were single I'd be spending 25k on internet dates a month.

I'm alright Jack

40 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Both [love and marriage], which have little to do with each other. 

This is rubbish. Where do you come from India? Afghanistan? Saudi?

Time machine to 1500s?

How cynical. People in these modern times do marry for love.

Doubt many married that upcountry girl for money or her brains.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So you suggest that I should take drugs to cloud my mind so that I don't see reality.

Yeah, that's the kind of sophisticated advice I was waiting for.

Maybe cloud your mind is what you need instead of all the I know a guy doomsday scenerios you are letting affect your personal life

Cannabis is cheaper than a psychologist

11 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

It is not a reason to get married. It is a reason that, if I decide to walk, she gets nothing other than the most basic household expenses.

So, basically held hostage. You'd probably give her nothing and be bitter if she left too.

What a cad.

So many like this.

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

What do you mean with "some"?

I think the only one under 30 is the blond cross-eyed cashier. 

I see you know it well.

Im 61 and would not be at all surprised if there are a few women in there that are older than me.

2 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Maybe cloud your mind is what you need instead of all the I know a guy doomsday scenerios you are letting affect your personal life

Cannabis is cheaper than a psychologist

It seems some people prefer to see the world like they want to see it and not like it is.

Personally I try to see how it is - even if I don't like it.

At least then I can learn from other peoples' mistakes. 

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Meaning of life from a monk and or clergy person ... no thanks.

Purest prejudice. I guess you did not even listen to the lecture - how can you make a judgement then ? You have to admit this sounds a bit like: "He is a republican, how can he be a good person" or even worse like "he is black, so ....". I am neither a strange believer only person nor new age disciple nor anything else which I would myself regard as not acceptable. How could I propose something if I am not sure it would benefit you which you could easily verify by confining some of your precious time ?

Edited by moogradod

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And they lived happily ever after. Sure, all is fine.

But have you ever heard the stories that he paid for the property and it was in her name and then she told him to f@$ off? It seems in Thailand that happens often enough. 

If guys want to give millions in cash or property to their gf or wife then that is fine.

But those guys should realize that then it's the money or property of their wife.

They, the guys, don't own it.

You seem to live your entire life on negative stories? Why is that?

Is she told him to FO after marriage, well he was probably thinking with his willy and chose the wrong partner

Anyone buying property and being told to FO and getting played by a Thai woman, absolutely deserves it for being that stupid.

4 minutes ago, BonMot said:
11 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

It is not a reason to get married. It is a reason that, if I decide to walk, she gets nothing other than the most basic household expenses.

So, basically held hostage. You'd probably give her nothing and be bitter if she left too.

What a cad.

So many like this.

If people want to marry that is obviously up to them.

But I find it sad that it seem many of those "I married" guys think that everybody who does not marry must be a bad guy.

Let me tell you: It is possible to be happy with a girlfriend for many years, love each other, support each other and not be married. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If people want to marry that is obviously up to them.

But I find it sad that it seem many of those "I married" guys think that everybody who does not marry must be a bad guy.

Let me tell you: It is possible to be happy with a girlfriend for many years, love each other, support each other and not be married. 

Not really. Because we have all been there and know the difference.

Just fooling yourself which is ironic because a post or two back you discussed how clearly you believe that you see the world lol.

There is a huge difference between having a legal bond in marriage and not. In the end both of you can walk away and very well might. I will absolutely guarantee that as soon as you become un financially supportive and possibly even that she sees there is nothing to gain upon your demise that she will be gone like the wind. Any smart woman would assuming she's still attractive enough to pull in another punter.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Purest prejudice.

Nothing to do with prejudice, I just don't respect the 'occupation' or probably anything that he would say.  So no, didn't bother wasting more than getting to the query ... 'why are we here ?' ... seriously

Ridiculous question to ask, surely to be followed by his silly version of an answer.  Yet to meet a monk I respect, and I've know & met more than a few.  Don't respect the religion, so nothing they could possibly say would interest me.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

She could always get a job and earn her own money. 

Indeed, my wife has worked straight out of university and to this day. Her fairly decent job is the only reason that we both still are living in Bangkok.

I'm back to work and largely it's drum up savings for her upon my death although I enjoy what I do.

I also believe that if a retired man for whatever reason wants his wife about then he should compensate her for that during her working years. That only seems fair and I just wanted to mention that.

6 minutes ago, BonMot said:

There is a huge difference between having a legal bond in marriage and not. In the end both of you can walk away and very well might. I will absolutely guarantee that as soon as you become un financially supportive and possibly even that she sees there is nothing to gain upon your demise that she will be gone like the wind. Any smart woman would assuming she's still attractive enough to pull in another punter.

Thanks for telling us about your worldview.

You write: "I will absolutely guarantee"

You don't know me and you don't know my gf but you will "absolutely guarantee"...

It is pointless to argue with people who just know they know everything.

Maybe start again with the assumption that you don't know anything.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Like I mentioned above, the thread came to my mind when I read the other thread what advice people would give their 18yo self. I could look up all the posts but here is a summary:

don't marry

don't marry

don't marry

don't marry

don't marry

and the same many more times.

Well the response is from all the folks that got divorced, what exactly did you expect?

Now if you read a post that had 20 answers that stated to go jump off the roof, would you believe it and do it?

Don't talk yourself into everything you read here.

Sometimes in life people fall victim to their own ignorance and marriage is no exception.

How can you continue to tell stories and listen to others, when the ONLY person that had a say in the matter of choosing their partner was YOU, yourself?

You have to have at least one ounce of common sense.

What in this world lasts forever? Did your very first love last forever? Did your first car last forever? Did your first anything last forever?

It has been said 10,000,000 times, if you move to Thailand, only invest what you can afford to walk away from. Did anyone listen to this advice or do YOU listen to all the crybabies that did NOT take that advice and lost it all?

If you are a fat, wrinkling, old, bald, foul mouthed foreigner, do you really believe that 20 year old beauty is in love with you and will be forever?

There is a darn good reason while in most of the civilized, educated world, 70 year olds do NOT pickup 20 year olds. But once men move to Thailand, they start thinking with the wrong head.

If man cannot tell the difference between love and being a ATM, it is his own fault

If you are outsmarted by some low educated Thai girl it is your own fault

If it is too good to be true and you fall for it, it is your own fault

The common denominator of all of these scenerios is it is the MAN'S OWN FAULT. He chose, he made his own decision. Can only blame himself.

Move across the world and get played, yeh, sure, that is showing a hell of a lot of intelligence

8 minutes ago, BonMot said:

I also believe that if a retired man for whatever reason wants his wife about then he should compensate her for that during her working years. That only seems fair and I just wanted to mention that.

You know what women are called who are paid for their company...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for telling us about your worldview.

You write: "I will absolutely guarantee"

You don't know me and you don't know my gf but you will "absolutely guarantee"...

It is pointless to argue with people who just know they know everything.

Maybe start again with the assumption that you don't know anything.

It seems I've hit a nerve.

No, I do not know you or your girlfriend but I have lived in Asia for 30 years and so in some ways I do know the both of you quite well.

• Confused 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

You know what women are called who are paid for their company...

That's rubbish.

If you take a decent hard working woman away from her job it's only fair to compensate her. There are many retired guys that have some sort of need to have a woman about day in and day out. I am certainly not one of these individuals. In fact when we met I moved up to Bangkok so that my wife could continue working.

All I can tell you if I was that woman and my new husband wanted to take me away from decent job which are extremely hard to get to cook and clean and screw him and didn't want to compensate me - I would assume that I wasn't loved or valued.

These women and I include my wife take great gambles and marrying us crazy folk from over the seas.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BonMot said:

It seems I've hit a nerve.

No, I do not know you or your girlfriend but I have lived in Asia for 30 years and so in some ways I do know the both of you quite well.

Yeah, all farangs are the same in Thailand. That obviously makes sense.

I guess I also know you. You are a farang living in Thailand so you must be like all the others. Yeah, sure.

56 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In many civilized countries the guy has to pay for his own child. And it does not matter if he is married or not.

And if the guy doesn't care then he can be an a$%@# even if he was/is married.

My personal opinion is that if I am the father of a child then I am, together with the mother, responsible for that child. I don't need a contract to tell me I am responsible.

You seem hellbent on contract for some strange, odd reason.

I guess you don't want your partner to have any benefits a contract could offer her, like dual citizenship, inheriting finances/benefits, so in the event of your demise, YOUR kid could move west and get a first class education. Who is going to look after that kid after you die? Not looking out for anyone's well being except yourself. Then men wonder why this selfish behavior crators into divorce.

Contract meaning you fear losing some worthless piece of land that isn't even in your own name, has squat for appreciation and will be near impossible to resell and cash in, no matter what happens with your relationship

Your phobia of loosing has you incapable of winning

• Confused 1