One youth seriously hurt, four injured in school gang/ student violence 300 m from Bangkok police station

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: What's the fight all about?

Daily News reported that Pol Capt Tharadol Wongcharoenyot of the Dusit police force in Bangkok led a team of investigators, medics and rescue personnel after violence flared between two school student groups and technical college students at the Ratchawat intersection on Rama V road.

This is just 300 meters from the Dusit police station.

Barely alive at the scene was a 17-18 year old youth dressed in white shirt and long black pants who had multiple stab wounds. He was taken to a nearby hospital.

Also taken to hospital were four others with less serious knife wounds. 

Two arrests were made.

CCTV footage timed at 5.19 pm showed the encounter as two groups of school students arrived before they were attacked by the college students with knives. 

Investigators are trying to get to the bottom of the incident and will be interviewing the injured in hospital as they proceed with the case. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

20 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Here's a tip, it's an ongoing cultural thing, been happening for years!

I just don't understand this type of violence.  It happens all the time.  How is it a cultural thing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lujanit said:

I just don't understand this type of violence.  It happens all the time.  How is it a cultural thing?

My institution is better than your institution. Culturally fragile face seeking males.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

OMG, this bloody police force is not interested in protecting the public. 

Police can't stop outbreaks of violence. By design, they're reactive, not preventative. Hence, the name Police - i.e. cleanup...