The Alex Jones Trial Is As Messy As You’d Expect

Scott

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It isnt though . 

Not everything is divided up between left wing and right wing .

There are things that have no involvement with Political parties .

Really? Certainly in the West it's overwhelmingly the case. Where are the conspiracy theories that are widely subscribed to by people without any bias in the numbers due to their political beliefs? Please share with us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Really? Certainly in the West it's overwhelmingly the case. Where are the conspiracy theories that are widely subscribed to by people without any bias in the numbers due to their political beliefs? Please share with us.

JFK being killed by the CIA

9/11 being an inside job

Flat Earthers 

Chemtrails . 

Jews controlling the World 

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

Who is Alex Jones?  Seriously, I know almost nothing about him because as soon as I read his initial comments, I knew he was a nut job and therefore completely blanked him from my life.  Nutters like him are 'infamous' or 'famous' simply because others listen to him, or are enraged by his PoV.  Ignore the prat and he wouldn't be rolling in $$$ now and no-one would be stressed out by his inane comments.....

I think most people do likewise Simon.

However, many do follow the garbage spread by the likes of Jones and it is garbage that seeps into wider consciousness without being directly followed by those who come to believe it.

That’s the power of propaganda and misinformation, of which Jones is a leading proponent.

It’s how come respondents to surveys so often return ‘somewhat agree’ to whacked out conspiracy nonsense.

They may not directly follow the source but they might be around people and conversations that do.

Alex Jones’ $49.3M verdict and the future of misinformation

Lawyers for the plaintiffs, the parents of one of 20 first graders killed at the Connecticut school in 2012, said they hoped a big-money verdict against Jones would serve as a deterrent to him and others who peddle misinformation for profit.

“I am asking you to take the bullhorn away from Alex Jones and all of the others who believe they can profit off of fear and misinformation,” Wesley Ball said in his closing argument Friday. “The gold rush of fear and misinformation must end, and it must end today.”

https://apnews.com/article/covid-health-shootings-violence-7afca66904f889c1420a8187dd6d887d

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

JFK being killed by the CIA

9/11 being an inside job

Flat Earthers 

Chemtrails . 

Jews controlling the World 

I suggest that almost none of the believers are dems, almost all of them are Americans, almost all of them are Republicans and almost all of them don't have a college degree.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I suggest that almost none of the believers are dems, almost all of them are Americans, almost all of them are Republicans and almost all of them don't have a college degree.

'jews controlling the world ' is more widespread. Agree with your assessment on the others.

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Here is your original comment about this:

image.png.e023305cb076fdf1030d4db7752ad5c6.png

In the USA. and where relevant in the West, these conspiracy theories don't or didn't command anywhere near the widespread allegiance to  birtherism, vaccine denialism, and electoral denialism.  These conspiracies theories are overwhelmingly right wing phenomenon. In addition most  of those you cited preceded the rise of social media.

I will take your word for that .

When I read people going on about Chemtrails and Flat Earths and JFK and 9/11 , I don't ask them about their political allegiance , but if you say that they are all Right wingers , then who am I say different ?

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I will take your word for that .

When I read people going on about Chemtrails and Flat Earths and JFK and 9/11 , I don't ask them about their political allegiance , but if you say that they are all Right wingers , then who am I say different ?

And as I pointed out, they don't command the mass allegiance the birtherism did (does?), or that vaccine denialism and electoral denialism do.

• Like 1

Just now, placeholder said:

And as I pointed out, they don't command the mass allegiance the birtherism did (does?), or that vaccine denialism and electoral denialism do.

Well yea, I do agree that those who questioned Obamas birthplace and those who questioned Bidens election result, are quite probably, almost certainly from the Right wing .

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Although that it just your own personal  opinion and not based on anything factual 

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well yea, I do agree that those who questioned Obamas birthplace and those who questioned Bidens election result, are quite probably, almost certainly from the Right wing .

And pizzagate, don't forget pizzagate! ????

A further point is that the issue not only that most believers are right-wing, It's also that these conspiracy theories have been endorsed and willingly diffused by right-wing politicians, including a former president, congress members, WH aides, etc....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Hi Welcome back . 

You may have missed it, but we sort of moved on to general conspiracy theorists and who follows/believes them 

Alex Jones and his "general conspiracy" theories..............here's just a few

secret government operations behind chemtrails

The government has ‘weather weapons’

Chemicals in the water are turning frogs gay

Hillary Clinton is running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor

Robert Mueller is a demon, and also a pedophile

Bush administration had taken part in a staged terror attack 7/11

All made him a lot of money through his right wing followers

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Do you understand that there are 10's of million of right wingers in the USA who believe in all sorts of crazy conspiracy theories? It's gotten so bad that they're even willing to die for these beliefs as was the case with Covid vaccines. Why would you think that such people would take your advice to heart?

So there are 10's of millions of people in the USA whom I also blank..... I ignore nutters wherever they are and regardless of how many there are of them!  If people want to spout their crazy ideas, up to them.  If people want to believe those crazy ideas, up to them.  I ignore them all and get on with my life because I can't change the world and I'm not going to waste my time trying to do that....

6 minutes ago, simon43 said:

So there are 10's of millions of people in the USA whom I also blank..... I ignore nutters wherever they are and regardless of how many there are of them!  If people want to spout their crazy ideas, up to them.  If people want to believe those crazy ideas, up to them.  I ignore them all and get on with my life because I can't change the world and I'm not going to waste my time trying to do that....

But it now seems that its gotton to the stage where if you question anything , you are labelled as being a right wing conspiracy theorist nutter .

Any legitimate concerns or questions and they are thrown into the conspiracy theorist bin , along with the Chemtrails and people being aliens/lizards .

Questioning how an airplane managed to fly into the Pentagon and you are a right wing nutter  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But it now seems that its gotton to the stage where if you question anything , you are labelled as being a right wing conspiracy theorist nutter .

Any legitimate concerns or questions and they are thrown into the conspiracy theorist bin , along with the Chemtrails and people being aliens/lizards .

Questioning how an airplane managed to fly into the Pentagon and you are a right wing nutter  

A bit of hyperbole there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Questioning whether 9/11 happened definitely makes one a nutter.

That is quite a good example though .

Because no one is actually questioning whether 9/11 happened . 

But even questioning anything about it , you would get called a nutter , like you have done .

"How would an airplane manage to.............................." 

"Be quiet you right wing  nutter and don't ask questions " 

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is quite a good example though .

Because no one is actually questioning whether 9/11 happened . 

But even questioning anything about it , you would get called a nutter , like you have done .

"How would an airplane manage to.............................." 

"Be quiet you right wing  nutter and don't ask questions " 

Terrible example actually, the planes were hijacked that's how.

• Like 1