Pattaya deputy mayor reportedly disappointed by postponed completion of roadworks

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: บริษัท โสภณ เคเบิ้ล ที.วี.และสื่อสาร พัทยา จำกัด

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — The completion of several ongoing roadworks around Pattaya has reportedly been postponed due to the lack of workers affected by the previous wave of Covid-19, the Pattaya deputy mayor revealed.

Manoch Nongyai, Pattaya deputy mayor, was reportedly disappointed after learning that several roadworks in Pattaya such as those at the Moom Aroi intersection and Pattaya Third Road had to be delayed from the completion date set for the end of last July.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/04/pattaya-deputy-mayor-reportedly-disappointed-by-postponed-completion-of-roadworks/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-08-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not surprising when they just dig a hole and walk away, so many times i go past these roadworks and no one is working

Agreed. I live literally round the corner from the works pictured and since they started (more than 3 months) I have marvelled at how often there has been no one there.  

• Like 2

same situation on Sukhumvit South ( Najomtien to almost Sattahip, where works are started everywhere and the traffic situation specially during week ends is a nightmare. And looking at the magnitude of the works, it s gonna be for a long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

As far as public construction works is concerned Pattaya is the poster boy for a failed Mafia type city. Billions of baht spent but very little to show for it.

Many many Billion projects over the last several decades just on flooding / drainage re Beach road none successful.

Same money spent over many decades on drainage for the bad flooding section on Suk Rd, again achieved nothing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, decca60 said:

same situation on Sukhumvit South ( Najomtien to almost Sattahip, where works are started everywhere and the traffic situation specially during week ends is a nightmare. And looking at the magnitude of the works, it s gonna be for a long time.

correct its been going on for ages.....i avoid that road these days......

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The completion of several ongoing roadworks around Pattaya has reportedly been postponed due to the lack of workers affected by the previous wave of Covid-19, the Pattaya deputy mayor revealed.

Yet millions of Thais were unemployed at the time?

• Like 1

The protracted roadworks is hurting businesses also. 

When they start, the soi / road looks like a war zone, with dust, fumes from heavy machinery, noise, mud when it rains etc. 

I wonder if Soi Pothole will be dug up and a large pipe put under the road there.  If so, it will have a huge impact on businesses on the soi, over several months. 

We used to have this problem on motorways in the UK. Road works would be started then abandoned as the next project was started, workmen returning for a couple of days a week sometimes not for weeks. The government introduced 'rental' charges for lanes and demanded a specified schedule of works (i.e. start time/date and end time/date) with increased charges if the work went beyond the specified end date. You don't see many 'abandoned' road works on UK motorways these days.