Woman shoots her abusive boyfriend dead - shop employee grabs the gun before she can kill herself

webfact

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Never understood this line of thinking.

If somebody beat me up, I'd report them to the police and never see them again. Lots of posters on this forum appear to hate other men.

how can she never see them again because the perpetrators usually track them down,  either through her parents or friend or whatever ... 

I don't think hate other men,  it's more dislike other men ...  and it's probably because they are drunken loud cheats and liars.    imo

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Read again.....40!

*quote-"Noi, 27, a Laotian worker"

He was 40 KannikaP............. special on at Spec-savers this month...........:coffee1:

Edited by sanuk711

11 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

*quote-"Noi, 27, a Laotian worker"

He was 40 KannikaP............. special on at Spec-savers this month...........:coffee1:

No Sanuk, it is you who needs the specs. The 27 year old was a Loatian worker who stopped HER 40 year old boss from topping herself.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

No Sanuk, it is you who needs the specs. The 27 year old was a Loatian worker who stopped HER 40 year old boss from topping herself.

Your right KannikaP.---Apologies--  I already have the specs...but maybe a stronger pair needed............:omfg:

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 8:13 AM, webfact said:

They had frequent arguments and she claimed he often beat her and grabbed her throat. Stress built up over time until he ordered her out of the house.

So move out to a different location, find a good partner and leave the idiot behind.

Have a good life, now you've ruined yours.

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, so if one person hits another person , that should give them the right to go and get a weapon and kill the person ?

That is a hard-line opinion . 

No, you are making it different to suit your posting agenda. What I am talking about is repeated abuse, and maybe fear for your own life. I am not sure how bad this situation was, maybe not justified here, but no-one of us know the real situation. I never posted that you can kill a person just because you got punched one time. Posting such re-arranged information to suit your agenda really puts you in a division of your own.

• Thanks 1

UPDATE:

Thai murder reenactment video: Mum of victim tries to kick murderess in the head as she apologizes for killing son

image.jpeg

Picture: Sanook

Thai Rath published a video of the reenactment

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1268434-thai-murder-reenactment-video-mum-of-victim-tries-to-kick-murderess-in-the-head-as-she-apologizes-for-killing-son/

We all know he deserved it….witnesses in her defense will step up and she will be given community service….

this is what I want to see more of in thailand - accountability has consequences…he finally met his maker….

one less pick up off the road….

see the mother is also violent….the mango doesn’t fall far from the tree…

Edited by cardinalblue
  • Sad 1

On 8/9/2022 at 8:48 AM, Gottfrid said:

Sure, it is. You are 100 % right. However, one might think that it was a justified one, if the things she are saying is true.

"...one might think that it was a justified one".

Hardly. I'm not condoning anything he may have done in the past but they weren't living together any longer so the alleged abuse no longer was happening, she reacted to a dare and committed premeditated murder.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, bradiston said:
On 8/9/2022 at 8:36 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Buying a gun, travelling to find a person and then shooting them dead , is NOT self defence .

Seems like she murdered him , this isn't a case of self defence, its murder 

He beats her up regularly, then dares her to do something about it. She does.

After the relationship had ended, after they had separated, after the alleged abuse had stopped she bought a gun.  I'm not saying that he didn't deserve it but what she did was murder him.

48 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, the best we can do is to not speculate!  

What I meant was we can do no more than speculate, meaning we don't have/know the facts.

Anyone's comments on here are no more than speculation, or personal opinion.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 2long said:

There are many people on planet earth who don't deserve to be, and many of them deserve to have their lives ended with some pain.

Many women (and men) suffer abuse at the hands of others, and in SOME cases I would justify this kind pf payback. However, if society starts to get on this lady's side, then where do we draw the line? We all know that there are plenty of crazy women here who feel hard done by for the silliest little things. Where does one draw the line in what deserves payback or not?

None of us were there when the alleged abuse took place, and I'd bet none of us were there when this shooting happened. So the best we can do is speculate.

I'd like to hear his side of the story ........... (as the manginas all like to write)

No wait, she murdered him, dead men tell no tales!

1 hour ago, 2long said:

What I meant was we can do no more than speculate, meaning we don't have/know the facts.

Anyone's comments on here are no more than speculation, or personal opinion.

No speculation required, she murdered him, she needs to go to jail forever.

21 hours ago, bradiston said:

I don't think you understand what being a victim of domestic abuse entails. Were mostly blokes on this forum. We don't experience the world as women. And we only have the Lao lady's testimony to go on. She deserves a medal. She saved the woman's life.

I remember getting called a "mangina", on this very forum, a word I find so offensive as to warrant at least a cap in the head, when I suggested the Thai woman who got badly bashed up and robbed on the New York subway late at night was not responsible for her beating up by dint of her attire and the fact she was out on her own late at night. You might think otherwise, but until women are free to dress how they like, when they like and where they like, without being blamed for any ensuing violence against them, well, what price "civilisation"? Men are the problem, not women.

Here here brad.

It is predictable as the sun setting that someone here would say directly, or imply, clearly imply, that the woman was at fault for the violence e.g why didn't she just leave, why did she continue to converse with the man etc etc.

The comments of her deliberately procuring a gun and then using it as premeditated is not out of the ordinary either for a abused person. Those who say 'oh well he wasn't with her anymore so why did she go and kill him'  i.e. that was unnecessary belies understanding of the trauma and disassembling of an abused persons psyche by the abuser, and the terror and absolute infestation of another life an abuser creates.

To the woman it may well have been quite real and sane to plan and kill this person because she never believed that he would not return and beat her or in fact kill her. 

I worked for 3 decades as a family, and mens therapist much of it in DV services and in private practice. For many, many, many men the patriarchal privilege and blindness runs very deep and is in no way known to them. Hence some of the comments posted here regarding this incident.

Your words about "experience the world of women" is so spot on.

When men get to actually sit still, learn to listen, with their hearts not the rationalising brains, to drop down out of the heads into their gut and explore patriarchy and the poisonous pedagogy inherent in our world and its power over women and their experiences walking around on this patriarchal planet then one begins, if one is exceedingly lucky and humble enough to allow it, to see and feel the insecurity and threat that women live under in our world.

The raping, bashing, intimidation, the psychological control, often subtle and so acculturated that many, many men are unable to see it and how this pedagogy asserts itself over the women in their lives is (in some and many societies) fail to see how endemic, denied, excused, justified and widespread DV is.

The locus of all DV is control and power NOT the violence itself. The violence is, in respect to some facets of the cycle of relational abuse, a part of the cycles 'release' or reset so as to initiate yet another cycle which once established will lead to further violence.

One of the features of prolonged spousal abuse whether male to female or visa vera is the loss of self for the abused and the complete dependence or obsession/fixation on the abuser. Such fixation is for self-preservation reasons for the abused, AND a desired outcome by the abuser as the offender wishes to be in complete control and the centre of attention. Such is the want of such an immaturely, severely narcissistically formed self. 

The features of this woman's relationship and her continuing to engage with him indicates both these common, (becoming more-so over time), and specifically induced by the abuser. Her wanting to kill herself after killing him points to the loss of a love or care for the self - I would assert induced by the abuser deliberately as a mechanism of breaking down the victim so as to cement control, and proof she was indeed abused serially over a lengthy period e.g. some few years at least.

The tensions and paradoxes between killing him and then almost herself shows those tension between attempts to preserve the self from the abuser and yet be lost in the abuser to the point of wanting to end ones own life.

Her open anger, and expulsion of him is perhaps supported by some other dynamics we don't know e.g. some family or other males around that made him leave, and kept him from revisiting her with further violence episodes once he was tossed out. Perhaps his reputation in community being sullied if the threat of disclosure  was made. 

Either way to see an abuser off (make them leave and stay away) is very rare and she was lucky he didn't escalate and kill her for it. Most abused run, sadly many many don't.

Some turn to police and are now, in some jurisdictions, more and more being believed and supported. The data on this challenging of patriarchal rules in LOS I do not hold so I am supposing about there being change here as there is albeit ever so slowly in other nations in the world. 

The abuser leaving freely is quite unusual (unless he's going to be grabbed by plod or served vigilante justice by some folks and the abuser sees that coming) because usually the man will either kill or simply continue to beat, and psychologically terrorise the victim with impunity ad infinitum for the entirety of the relationship until old age when the beating may stop due to infirmity but the psychological abuse and threat of imminent rage and violence still exists unto death. After prolonged trauma there is no need for physical violence anymore because the abused has been truly imprisoned and 'broken'.

For people to enter into a relationship that eventually becomes abusive there is much debate and contention as to how and what makes a person not see the traits within a person that indicate an abuser? ergo, its her fault and whats wrong with her? A simple response to this is the abuser besides always being severely narcissistic, is also severely neurotically pathological and sociopathic. One major feature of sociopathic people is an ability to fool, con, seduce others. 

I make no judgment of right or wrong in this case by either party. The only untypical features in this case are the abused get away (expelled the abuser), she lived, and the abuser was killed not the abused.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

No speculation required, she murdered him, she needs to go to jail forever.

Ever had a neighbour who went out of his way to make your life a living hell? Even taunted you with "c'mon then, what you gonna do abaht it. Get a gun and shoot me?" Yeah? Oh no, I forgot, you're too smart to ever land up in that situation. You'd move, yes, sell up and take the missus and your kids elsewhere. Just walk away. Forget about it. All the time waiting for just half a chance to break the guys neck. So long as you don't get caught, right? Well, she acted in broad daylight in front of witnesses. What does that tell you about her state of mind? The taunts, the jibes, the destruction of her self esteem. The physical beatings. Finally she makes a decision for which, yes, she's now going to pay the price. Maybe her life's ruined. Who knows? But at least she'll have the comfort of knowing the author of all her misery and unhappiness is nothing more than a pile of ash in a jar. I hope she survives the ordeal and finds a new life eventually. Let the dead bury the dead.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Ever had a neighbour who went out of his way to make your life a living hell? Even taunted you with "c'mon then, what you gonna do abaht it. Get a gun and shoot me?" Yeah? Oh no, I forgot, you're too smart to ever land up in that situation.

I suspect you're more likely to provoke that sort off behaviour in those around you than me.

I generally don't interact with neighbours in any country I've lived.

Ignore and be ignored is always the best policy.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I suspect you're more likely to provoke that sort off behaviour in those around you than me.

I generally don't interact with neighbours in any country I've lived.

Ignore and be ignored is always the best policy.

How sad.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

How sad.

When I split with a woman, I don't tell her I'm leaving, block all communications (after the goodbye SMShas been sent) and leave no forwarding address. Unlike the murdered guy, I know what to expect from newly single Thai ladies. All my exs tended to be a bit stabby when angered/embarrassed. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1